I found a more comprehensive article on the TW9000/6010 update:
Note: Google Translated
Projector owners can look forward to. The company Epson has released a firmware update for the EH-TW9000 model! This Epson is the desire for many film fans who want a smooth 3D projection of their Blu-ray. So far, 3D movies on Blu-ray have been played with 120 Hz. Since the movies have mostly 24 Hz over a frequency reproduction, the reproduction caused by 120 Hz for disturbing Pulldownruckeln. Furthermore, Epson has a number of other improvements made.
Here is the summary of the improvements the new firmware version:
- New Firmware Version: 1.04
- Super Resolution: There are now more subtle gradations of the "sharpness" is possible. So far, revealed the stages 1-3 no significant differences visible. Only the highest level was then much "sharper". This has now been improved so that the differences in the levels 1-3 are clearly visible.
- Auto Iris: There are two significant changes.
First The gamma function of the auto-iris is now working more homogeneous. This will affect the colors in the image. With the full aperture colors properly. Once the auto-iris closes, however, the gamma is changed. Through this gamma adjustment is the same brightness impression conveyed as with open aperture. So far, the operation of the gamma adjustment resulted in a situation where more image content was slightly colored yellow / green. This has been corrected with the new firmware version. With a closed car-hood, the colors now look like with an open car hood.
Second The operation of the auto-iris is now more aggressive. So far, it took several seconds to reach its maximum black level. Was a black screen to see the finished auto-iris. When the black screen for several seconds long been projected, the auto-iris and regulated by the image has been slowly and visibly darker. With the new firmware to the auto iris closes completely with a black screen - and it darkens with nothing more!
- 3D Visualization: 3-D movies at 24 Hz (eg feature films on Blu-ray) are now displayed without Pulldownruckeln. 50 Hz and 60 Hz source material generally does not stutter when they are played at 50 Hz and 60 Hz. This setting makes the projector automatically. The frame insertion is still in 3D Kontent unusable.
- Installing the new firmware: the dealer goes through the software update. He should not be in a position to assume the Epson service that uploading the new firmware version.
- Cost: The update is FREE.
Currently there are no new firmware versions for the projectors Epson EH-TW6000 TW 5900.http://www.heimkino-blog.de/allgemei...los-erhaltlich