Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 83
The Sony VW95 > JVC RS55

&

The JVC RS55 > Sony VW95....

Clear things up... Haha.

Bottom line:

If you don't care about e-shift get the Sony.
If you care about the e-shift feature get the JVC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 05-04-2012, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
IMO

You dont go wrong with any off these two projectors - they are excellent both.

I did find the 95ES to be a more complete ( allround ) projector and got that.

But if I was you, I would take Mark´s offer and go see both for my self and then deside wich I like best ( or have the strongest benefits where it matters for you )

dj
post #33 of 36 Old 05-04-2012, 05:26 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have had both projectors in my home theatre. I think the Sony is better for 3D and sports but a good DLP would do just fine. 2D is better with the JVC. I had the Stewart 1.7 gain screen with microperf and you could really see the e-shift advantage. If you sit close to the screen the e-shift is amazing. Avatar/Hugo/and Immortals all in 3D with the sony VW95 and the Stewart Reflections 1.7 screen in 120" is Jaw dropping!! Could a DLP give the same pic in 3D that the sony does? I can't tell you that but if it can then I would do DLP with JVC 4K for 2D viewing. 2 PJ system is prob best setup for now.
post #34 of 36 Old 05-04-2012, 07:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlm94 View Post

I have had both projectors in my home theatre. I think the Sony is better for 3D and sports but a good DLP would do just fine. 2D is better with the JVC. I had the Stewart 1.7 gain screen with microperf and you could really see the e-shift advantage. If you sit close to the screen the e-shift is amazing. Avatar/Hugo/and Immortals all in 3D with the sony VW95 and the Stewart Reflections 1.7 screen in 120" is Jaw dropping!! Could a DLP give the same pic in 3D that the sony does? I can't tell you that but if it can then I would do DLP with JVC 4K for 2D viewing. 2 PJ system is prob best setup for now.

same thoughts, imo the e-shift on a nice sized screen with a close seating arrangement outguns the 95 in 2D IQ.

to answer your 2nd question - the BenQ 3D DLP will provide a better picture in 3D than the 95 can at a fraction of the cost. The W7000's 3D produces one of the most accurate, ghost free 3D images compared to all the other under 10k MSRP projectors today.

+1 on the last statement.. none of the current projectors are perfect for both 2D and 3D.. The RS55 / BenQ W7000 is a killer combo to cover the best of both dimensions.
post #35 of 36 Old 06-07-2012, 04:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
How do they compare in fan noise? A few years ago, I auditioned what was then the latest JVC and Sony projectors and I was very impressed how silent the Sony was. I couldn't ecen hear its fan! Back then, I could here the JVC's fan. How do these latest models compare? Fan noise (or lack thereof) is critical for me since my setup is such that the projector has to be over the seating area. Fan noise sort of defeats buying a really expensive audio system, so would like a projector that's quiet.
post #36 of 36 Old 06-08-2012, 03:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by randman View Post

How do they compare in fan noise? A few years ago, I auditioned what was then the latest JVC and Sony projectors and I was very impressed how silent the Sony was. I couldn't ecen hear its fan! Back then, I could here the JVC's fan. How do these latest models compare? Fan noise (or lack thereof) is critical for me since my setup is such that the projector has to be over the seating area. Fan noise sort of defeats buying a really expensive audio system, so would like a projector that's quiet.

The 95ES still beats the X70 in fan noise ( meaning its more silent ) - the Sony in "high" lamp mode is about as the JVC in" low" lamp mode.

dj
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sony Vpl Vw95es Full Hd 3d Home Cinema Projector , Jvc Dla Rs55 Bundle

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page