3D Rear Projection Attic Theater - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 04-27-2012, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This could go in the theater construction or projection screens forum, but with the Ultimate 3D thread and RED projector thread I thought I would post here.

I have an attic space that I am considering building a room about 16x12 with 9' ceiling, I'll have to do some more measurements but it looks like this will be possible without having any angle to the room ceiling. I'll post more later but you can get a little bit of an idea by looking at the house on google maps...
http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1C1_...en&sa=N&tab=wl

I want to use the RED projector with a rear mirror setup and a 3D passive rear screen. Hopefully I can utilize the space behind the room and the angle of the ceiling to make a mirror setup work.

I have seen a polarized DepthQ modulator in youtube work with a rear mirror, does this maintain 100% polarity?

Harkness has a rear 3D screen that has an extinction ration of 220 and gain (transmittance) of 1.2. Compared to their front 3D screen Spectral 240 that only has 130 extinction ratio and a 2.4 gain and is still considered one of the best passive 3D screens.

Do rear passive 3D screens work well will 2D, anyone with any experience? It seems like they would perform well since they don't have to be high gain and shouldn't have the sparkle, but I could be completely wrong. Also would a rear screen cause more laser speckle?

Thanks for any input guys, this is still very early in planning and I just want to get an idea of what will work well for a great 3D setup, I am trying to avoid a high gain silver screen at all cost and there isn't a single projector solution for using Omega filters and having simultaneous L/R eye 3D.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page