DLA-RS45: JVC emitter or MonsterVision Max 3D? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 04-28-2012, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I currently have a RS45 and have been thinking about trying out the 3D. I've heard good things about the MonsterVision, but was wondering what the consensus was for those that have tried both.

Thanks

Headless Petie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 04-29-2012, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

anybody?

Headless Petie
post #3 of 10 Old 04-29-2012, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 236
The MV3D's won't ghost any less than the original or new style JVC glasses, but you might prefer the color tint better on the MV3D's as I do.

if I had to go with the JVC's, I'd use the original style. I think the new models are too small, especially for those that wear glasses. They perform identical with the same color tint so they might be good for younger visitors.

The MV3D's are a little more fragile than most active shutter glasses, you have be somewhat careful with them. You can use both the JVC emitter and MV3D transmitter if you make a cable like I demo'd in the signature link.
post #4 of 10 Old 04-29-2012, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for the help.

Headless Petie
post #5 of 10 Old 04-30-2012, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
You may have a very dim image with the Monster vision glasses and a JVC projector. The polarization is different in the glasses and light cancels out. I had this issue and couldnt use them with a JVC projector. Maybe if your screen doesn't retain polarization it would work. Don't know for sure.
post #6 of 10 Old 04-30-2012, 11:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronomy View Post

You may have a very dim image with the Monster vision glasses and a JVC projector. The polarization is different in the glasses and light cancels out. I had this issue and couldnt use them with a JVC projector. Maybe if your screen doesn't retain polarization it would work. Don't know for sure.

Did you try adjusting the settings in the Monster emitter with the software that is floating around?

Bill
post #7 of 10 Old 04-30-2012, 05:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfattbill View Post

Did you try adjusting the settings in the Monster emitter with the software that is floating around?

Bill

To reduce ghosting yes but the polarization issue is a different problem. The JVC glasses are designed to have the same polarization as the projector. I talked directly to Bit Cauldron the makers of the Monster glasses. If you turn the glasses around and look through them from the front of the glasses lens the image is a lot brighter but I think if you get a screen that doesn't retain polarization it might be OK. My screen retains polarization. If you have a high power Dalite screen it might be OK. I didn't have one to try.
post #8 of 10 Old 04-30-2012, 05:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronomy View Post

To reduce ghosting yes but the polarization issue is a different problem. The JVC glasses are designed to have the same polarization as the projector. I talked directly to Bit Cauldron the makers of the Monster glasses. If you turn the glasses around and look through them from the front of the glasses lens the image is a lot brighter but I think if you get a screen that doesn't retain polarization it might be OK. My screen retains polarization. If you have a high power Dalite screen it might be OK. I didn't have one to try.

I agree that the JVC glasses are brighter but to me they look a little washed out compared to the MV glasses. It all depends on the screen you are using and its size. In my situation I really like the MV glasses much more.
post #9 of 10 Old 05-01-2012, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Check out the thread on Screens for 3D Projection for a discussion on using screens that retain polarization and why with such screens you need to use active 3D glasses that have the some polarization as the projector. JVC projectors use horizontal polarization and the universal glasses from Monster and Xpand have vertical polarization (to match what is used with LCD and plasma flat panel 3DTVs). So before you decide to use any non-JVC (e.g., universal) active 3D glasses you really need to understand how your screen reflects polarized light.

Ron Jones
Blog + Reviews + Articles: projectorreviews.com
post #10 of 10 Old 09-01-2012, 08:09 PM

Liked: 10
hi
you can get around polarization issues for just about all screens, tv's monitors and glasses by using depolarizing acrylic and/or wave plates in front of the lens or on the glasses as I explain in detail in the JVC section of the FAQ on my page www.3dtv.jp
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc Dla Rs45 Home Theater Projector 1080p Hdmi
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page