Lightning storm just killed my JVC RS25. Need replacement recommendations! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 30 Old 05-05-2012, 11:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Dear AVSForum:

A lightning storm killed my projector (among other things...). I loved my JVC-RS25, but sadly, now all I does is mak a whirr and click noise, and nothing else.

While awaiting the insurance adjuster, I've decided to start looking for replacements.

Naturally, 3D is desired. But my RS25 HAD an externally mounted panoramic lens for 2.35. Will this screw up any 3d effect, either active or passive?

Any good recommendations for a projector for a theater with no significant light pollution, 18ft throw for a 5ftx12ft screen, 3d ready (active? passive?), external anamorphic lens friendly (Prismasonic AVS1, aka HD-5000M)?

Thanks for any suggestions, as I am WAY out of date on 3d projection, and too depressed to start educating myself on the subject for now...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 05-06-2012, 08:08 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 11
Lots of options out there depending on your price range and room. My advice is to give the guys here at AVS a call and they'll get you sorted out. Their friendly and fast. My first call when I'm looking is usually to Jason or one of the guys here they know this stuff better then most of us ever will (certainly way better then I ever will). They give me a couple options I come to the forums do some reading and then make a decision without getting overwhelmed with all the choices. The other great thing about the AVS guys is they can usually get you a great deal on the PJ once you select a unit and ship nearly anywhere (and no I'm not affliated with them in anyway but if someone gives you great service and advice you shoud give them a shout out!)

Best of luck
Calvin
post #3 of 30 Old 05-06-2012, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Perhaps a JVC RS45 plus Lumagen Radiance Mini3D processor (a great combo for under $5K) or a RS55 which has 4K-Lite upscaling for a more film-like, pixel free image. The RS55 has build-in CMS for color calibration so the external video processor is not necessary (but JVC built-in CMS is not as good as the CMS function provided by the Radiance Mini3D). Like the previous comment, give the AVS Store a call or call Mark Haflich (AVS Store National Sales Mgr.) directly at 240-876-2536. There are some other projectors in the $3K - $4K range that can provide better 3D performance (brighter 3D image with less 3D crosstalk/ghosting, such as the Epson 5010 and 6010) but the JVC models have the best 2D performace with the highest native on/off contrast ratio and the lowest black levels. Probably the nearest non-JVC model to the RS55 that you might want to consider is the Sony VPL-95VW (about $6.5K). However, since you have been a satisified RS25 owner, you probably will be most satisfied staying with JVC.

If your insurance company bases the amount they will pay out on the current replacement cost, then I would contend that the DLA-RS55 is the most equivalent of the current JVC models, as your RS25 is THX certified and has a CMS. The RS55 is currently the least expensive JVC model with these features. The DLA-RS55 has a MSRP of just under $8K (call the AVS Store for their current discounted selling price).

Ron Jones
Blog + Reviews + Articles: projectorreviews.com
post #4 of 30 Old 05-06-2012, 01:06 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jones View Post

Perhaps a JVC RS45 plus Lumagen Radiance Mini3D processor (a great combo for under $5K) or a RS55 which has 4K-Lite upscaling for a more film-like, pixel free image. The RS55 has build-in CMS for color calibration so the external video processor is not necessary (but JVC built-in CMS is not as good as the CMS function provided by the Radiance Mini3D). Like the previous comment, give the AVS Store a call or call Mark Haflich (AVS Store National Sales Mgr.) directly at 240-876-2536. There are some other projectors in the $3K - $4K range that can provide better 3D performance (brighter 3D image with less 3D crosstalk/ghosting, such as the Epson 5010 and 6010) but the JVC models have the best 2D performace with the highest native on/off contrast ratio and the lowest black levels. Probably the nearest non-JVC model to the RS55 that you might want to consider is the Sony VPL-95VW (about $6.5K). However, since you have been a satisified RS25 owner, you probably will be most satisfied staying with JVC.

If your insurance company bases the amount they will pay out on the current replacement cost, then I would contend that the DLA-RS55 is the most equivalent of the current JVC models, as your RS25 is THX certified and has a CMS. The RS55 is currently the least expensive JVC model with these features. The DLA-RS55 has a MSRP of just under $8K (call the AVS Store for their current discounted selling price).

That is a great combo, especially when you add the lens. I am currently using the RS45, Lumagen Mini 3D and the Prismasonic HD6000F lens. Love the combination.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI & many more.
Klipsch, RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
post #5 of 30 Old 05-06-2012, 10:23 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice. I begin the dance with the insurance adjuster tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jones View Post

post #6 of 30 Old 05-06-2012, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I've had good experiences and prices with AVScience in the past. That's from where I got my late projector. Indeed, the panoramic lens was an AVS special itself!

I'm thinking JVC, but last year, as part of Sony's TV recall, we got a 3D ready set, and have already sunk in money for the active glasses. Instead of having to purchase JVC 3d active glasses (unless JVC uses passive?), if quality is comparable, (gasp) I might want to go Sony. What would people recommend fom their product line?

Need to find out budget now, though. And that depends on insurance...

Glanced at the JVCs 45 & 55... How good is the "4k" ("faux k"?) on the 55?
post #7 of 30 Old 05-07-2012, 07:28 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TumulorumFossor View Post

Dear AVSForum:

A lightning storm killed my projector (among other things...). I loved my JVC-RS25, but sadly, now all I does is mak a whirr and click noise, and nothing else.

While awaiting the insurance adjuster, I've decided to start looking for replacements.

Naturally, 3D is desired. But my RS25 HAD an externally mounted panoramic lens for 2.35. Will this screw up any 3d effect, either active or passive?

Any good recommendations for a projector for a theater with no significant light pollution, 18ft throw for a 5ftx12ft screen, 3d ready (active? passive?), external anamorphic lens friendly (Prismasonic AVS1, aka HD-5000M)?

Thanks for any suggestions, as I am WAY out of date on 3d projection, and too depressed to start educating myself on the subject for now...

5' x 12' is a big screen, especially if you want to light it up for 3D. What is the gain on your screen?

Klipsch, RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
post #8 of 30 Old 05-07-2012, 09:36 PM - Thread Starter

Gain 1.2 (WilsonArt Designer White... Worked great with the late RS-25!). Throw is about 17.5ft.
post #9 of 30 Old 05-08-2012, 11:16 AM
AVS Club Gold

TumulorumFossor ,

I've owned the Sony 30ES but had it just as a stop gap while I waited to decide between the Sony 95, JVC 70 and the Sony 1000. I ended up going with the 1000 as I wanted the extra detail and lumens but they come at quite a premium $ wise. I was suitable impressed with the Sony 30 that I bought the 1000 with out seeing it (while that and based on the forums here of course). The 95 is also a nice unit I'd suspect and I'm going to check it out hopefully later this month as a local pal has one set up I just have to get the time to go see it. I think you'd be happy with any of the Sony's and your likely looking at the 30 or 95 models. I guess the prices are moving up soon though so I'd call AVS before the end of the month based on other posts recently.

Best of luck
Calvin
post #10 of 30 Old 05-08-2012, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I recommend reading the Shootout thread for opinions on many PJs already mentioned in this thread. Lot's of good stuff in there concerning 3D. The JVCs are noted for the best 2D. The Benq and Epson each have their pros & cons, but are probably best for 3D. The Sony HW30 is very good all-around recommendation.

Your 1.2 gain 2.40:1 screen is 13' (156") diagonal, so that's going to need some serious light in 3D. I use a Lumagen XS3D, A-lens, and a 136" diagonal 1.4 gain 2.35:1 screen in my HT. For what it's worth, I was using a JVC RS40 and was not happy with it's 3D. (Honestly, the new JVCs have lamp issues which are being addressed). It was too dim and ghosting is a problem.

I opted for the Epson 6010 (it provides Anamorphic stretch settings not found in the 5010). Since the 6010 provides these settings as well as a good CMS, you should be able to hold off on buying a Lumagen. Epson also offers a Panamorph A-lens option made for mounting with these PJs. Keep in mind that AVS only offers the 5010, not the 6010. The later comes with THX and Anamorphic settings, extra bulb, longer warranty, two Epson 3D glasses, Chief mount, and in black.

In my HT, the Epson does a great job in 3D. It's plenty bright and very minimal ghosting. As for 2D, this is what really surprised me; it's very close to the JVC in terms of blacks and shadow detail. I was not expecting that, but have no complaints really in that department.

...Steve
"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." - V

My 3D-BD/BD/HD-DVD/DVD collection and HT gear

post #11 of 30 Old 05-08-2012, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenjw View Post

(Honestly, the new JVCs have lamp issues which are being addressed). It was too dim and ghosting is a problem.

That's disappointing. Any word when JVC will have their lamp issues addressed?
post #12 of 30 Old 05-09-2012, 05:06 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

I recommend reading the Shootout thread for opinions on many PJs already mentioned in this thread. Lot's of good stuff in there concerning 3D. The JVCs are noted for the best 2D. The Benq and Epson each have their pros & cons, but are probably best for 3D. The Sony HW30 is very good all-around recommendation.

Your 1.2 gain 2.40:1 screen is 13' (156") diagonal, so that's going to need some serious light in 3D. I use a Lumagen XS3D, A-lens, and a 136" diagonal 1.4 gain 2.35:1 screen in my HT. For what it's worth, I was using a JVC RS40 and was not happy with it's 3D. (Honestly, the new JVCs have lamp issues which are being addressed). It was too dim and ghosting is a problem.

I opted for the Epson 6010 (it provides Anamorphic stretch settings not found in the 5010). Since the 6010 provides these settings as well as a good CMS, you should be able to hold off on buying a Lumagen. Epson also offers a Panamorph A-lens option made for mounting with these PJs. Keep in mind that AVS only offers the 5010, not the 6010. The later comes with THX and Anamorphic settings, extra bulb, longer warranty, two Epson 3D glasses, Chief mount, and in black.

In my HT, the Epson does a great job in 3D. It's plenty bright and very minimal ghosting. As for 2D, this is what really surprised me; it's very close to the JVC in terms of blacks and shadow detail. I was not expecting that, but have no complaints really in that department.

Just curious, why were you concerned with a projector that could do the vertical stretch when you have a Lumagen since the Lumagen can do the vertical stretch? If you are letting the projector do the vertical stretch, I suggest letting the Lumagen do it. I think the Lumagen does a better job with the vertical stretch over the RS45. You may find the same thing with the 6010. Anyway, Lumagen, 5010 and A-lens achieves the same thing.

post #13 of 30 Old 05-09-2012, 05:14 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Gain 1.2 (WilsonArt Designer White... Worked great with the late RS-25!). Throw is about 17.5ft.

That will work great with the 45 also for 2D, but 3D is a different animal. Light output in 3D through the glasses is about 1/4th what it is in 2D. As far as lamp issues, keep in mind we sell a lot of JVC projectors. There are a large number of JVC owners on the forum. Also JVC has been taking care of their customers when it comes to lamp issues.

post #14 of 30 Old 05-09-2012, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post

That will work great with the 45 also for 2D, but 3D is a different animal. Light output in 3D through the glasses is about 1/4th what it is in 2D. As far as lamp issues, keep in mind we sell a lot of JVC projectors. There are a large number of JVC owners on the forum. Also JVC has been taking care of their customers when it comes to lamp issues.

Well, not changing the 1.2 gain screen. Have complete light control though!

So for ADEQUATE 3D, would you still go JVC? I know you don't carry Epson, but any thoughts on it?

What about Sony (as I already have 3 sets of active Sony glasses for the upstairs television)?
post #15 of 30 Old 05-09-2012, 02:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:

So for ADEQUATE 3D, would you still go JVC? I know you don't carry Epson, but any thoughts on it?

What about Sony (as I already have 3 sets of active Sony glasses for the upstairs television)?

I think that AVS Store sells the Epson 5010, but not the 6010 (but they need to answer that question). I had an Epson 5010 side-by-side with my JVC (actually the Epson sitting on a stand below my ceiling mounted JVC) for about a week and while the RS40 wins for best 2D (but not by a big margin) the 5010 is a much better performer for 3D. Not only does it have much less 3D crosstalk/ghosting (I posted measurement results on my blog at projectorreviews.com), but it can deliver a much brighter 3D image with reasonably accurate colors and grey scale (not perfect but neither is the dimmer JVC). I do find that my JVC is acceptable for watching most Blu-ray 3D discs on my 120" 16x9 screen (actual gain about 1.2), but the Epson is a clear winner for 3D. The one feature missing on both the JVC and Epson models is frame interpolation in 3D mode. While many here on AVS don't like it for 2D viewing, for 3D it can add to the "virtual reality" effect.

Ron Jones
Blog + Reviews + Articles: projectorreviews.com
post #16 of 30 Old 05-09-2012, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 275
Quote:

Steve had good advice above, with that size screen & low gain, your going to need as much light as possible for 3D which leaves only 1 projector, the Epson 5010/6010. ~1400 lumens with a close to D65 calibration or 2000 lumens with incorrect colors (but not terrible).

The Sony is only putting out ~ 900 lumens which is fine on my high power screen, but I wouldn't recommend it with your particular setup.

Click on the link in my signature if you want to see how the JVC's 3D compares to the Epson 5010 and the Sony HW30.
post #17 of 30 Old 05-10-2012, 05:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post

Just curious, why were you concerned with a projector that could do the vertical stretch when you have a Lumagen since the Lumagen can do the vertical stretch? If you are letting the projector do the vertical stretch, I suggest letting the Lumagen do it. I think the Lumagen does a better job with the vertical stretch over the RS45. You may find the same thing with the 6010. Anyway, Lumagen, 5010 and A-lens achieves the same thing.

Well I bought the Lumagen for the auto-calibration and CMS (not in the RS40). As I said, it's need for the 5010, but not for the 6010 with A-lens. I could have went with a 5010, but now I have more options (like selling the Lumagen t before 4K rolls around). I also got a great deal on the 6010, so it made no sense to go with the 5010.

I didn't notice much difference in using the Lumagen vs. the RS40. I basically leave my lens in place at all times and adjust accordingly based on source. Guess I should give the Lumagen a try with Epson and compare between the two.

Yes, a Lumagen, 5010, and A-lens will work for CIH, but a 6010 and A-lens works too and is cheaper (sorry if that hurts AVS sales). Of course, the Lumagen provides other benefits. Just pointing out all the options.

...Steve
"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." - V

post #18 of 30 Old 05-10-2012, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Well I bought the Lumagen for the auto-calibration and CMS (not in the RS40). As I said, it's need for the 5010, but not for the 6010 with A-lens. I could have went with a 5010, but now I have more options (like selling the Lumagen t before 4K rolls around). I also got a great deal on the 6010, so it made no sense to go with the 5010.

I didn't notice much difference in using the Lumagen vs. the RS40. I basically leave my lens in place at all times and adjust accordingly based on source. Guess I should give the Lumagen a try with Epson and compare between the two.

Yes, a Lumagen, 5010, and A-lens will work for CIH, but a 6010 and A-lens works too and is cheaper (sorry if that hurts AVS sales). Of course, the Lumagen provides other benefits. Just pointing out all the options.

I would be THRILLED to read about the Epson 6010 + Lumagen + Anamorphic Lens combination! Among other reasons for that is the fact that my AVR is an Onkyo TX-NR3007 with HDMI only to 1.3a and not HDMI 1.4a, a required for 3D. I was considering my options for that, including piping all HDMI to 1.4a inputs at a Lumagen instead of the AVR, which would then direct the 3D-capable video signal directly to the projector (but then how to handle audio? Optical to the AVR?).

Thoughts?
post #19 of 30 Old 05-13-2012, 12:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I would be THRILLED to read about the Epson 6010 + Lumagen + Anamorphic Lens combination! Among other reasons for that is the fact that my AVR is an Onkyo TX-NR3007 with HDMI only to 1.3a and not HDMI 1.4a, a required for 3D. I was considering my options for that, including piping all HDMI to 1.4a inputs at a Lumagen instead of the AVR, which would then direct the 3D-capable video signal directly to the projector (but then how to handle audio? Optical to the AVR?).

Thoughts?

I love this combination, especially with my Oppo 93 in the chain. I'm still using a Lexcon MC1 with 8 channel PCM bypass, so I send video to the Lumagem and sound to the MC1. The Oppo has two HDMI video outputs, so if I had an AVR with only 1.3, I could send one to the projector and one to the AVR . As it is, I send one to the Lumagen and 8 channel analog to the MC1 via eight RCA cables. I control it all using a Harmony remote.

Most BD players only have a single HDMI out (one Sony model has two). There are audio outputs on the Lumagen, but I don't use them. My guess is that you could use the optical audio to the AVR from the Lumagen. Hopefully, someone else can address your question that does this.

...Steve

post #20 of 30 Old 05-16-2012, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I love this combination, especially with my Oppo 93 in the chain. I'm still using a Lexcon MC1 with 8 channel PCM bypass, so I send video to the Lumagem and sound to the MC1. The Oppo has two HDMI video outputs, so if I had an AVR with only 1.3, I could send one to the projector and one to the AVR . As it is, I send one to the Lumagen and 8 channel analog to the MC1 via eight RCA cables. I control it all using a Harmony remote.

Most BD players only have a single HDMI out (one Sony model has two). There are audio outputs on the Lumagen, but I don't use them. My guess is that you could use the optical audio to the AVR from the Lumagen. Hopefully, someone else can address your question that does this.

So anyone else have any ideas as to the best way to get use of a 3d projector, 1.4a hdmi, when your avr is only 1.3a hdmi?
post #21 of 30 Old 05-16-2012, 03:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 275
Quote:

So anyone else have any ideas as to the best way to get use of a 3d projector, 1.4a hdmi, when your avr is only 1.3a hdmi?

There are a number of dual-output BD players on the market such as the Samsung BD-D6700 or the Oppo 93. 1 HDMI to the projector, the other to the AVR. I use this setup with my older Pioneer SC-07. No lip-sync issues, etc.
post #22 of 30 Old 05-16-2012, 04:08 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:

The DMP-BDT310 from Panasonic is what I use. I also have a 1.3 HDMI receiver. This player has 2 HDMI outputs and it's not too much, but has a ton of features.

My home theater build thread
LEVEL 4: Center for Entertainment
post #23 of 30 Old 05-16-2012, 05:53 PM
AVS Club Gold

FYI the RS40 and the RS45 is quite a bit brighter than the RS25. Art measured 727 lumens calibrated for the RS25 and 891 lumens calibrated for the RS45. So if the RS25 was bright enough for your screen, the RS40 and RS45 will definitely be bright enough.

post #24 of 30 Old 05-17-2012, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

There are a number of dual-output BD players on the market such as the Samsung BD-D6700 or the Oppo 93. 1 HDMI to the projector, the other to the AVR. I use this setup with my older Pioneer SC-07. No lip-sync issues, etc.

Whelp, in my typical over the top fashion, I bought a refurb Denon AVR-4311CI for $1100 to replace the Onkyo TX-NR3007.

So, yeah, I could have gotten the dual HDMI Blurays as other have recommended (thanks, everyone!).

Now, the projector...
post #25 of 30 Old 05-17-2012, 06:25 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

No offense taken. I was just curious. I understand buying a 6010 if you have an A-lens, but I was just a little surprised since you already had the Lumagen. I also keep my lens in front of my RS45. I agree on the 3D, the 5010 and 6010 will be able to light up that screen. I am just not a big fan of LCD. Up until a month ago, I owned all three technologies. Now I am down to a couple DLP's and an LCOS. The image with LCD seems to appear flatter to me, less depth than LCOS or DLP. Keep in mind, my opinion is heavily based toward 2D. I am not a 3D guy.

post #26 of 30 Old 05-18-2012, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member

I'd suggest a Brick Wall surge arrestor myself.

I want MY Cigarettes, MINE Nurse Ratched!!
Screen Pics
post #27 of 30 Old 05-19-2012, 04:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzz View Post

I'd suggest a Brick Wall surge arrestor myself.

Researching the surge arrester now. Really more effective than less expensive gear?
post #28 of 30 Old 05-19-2012, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Researching the surge arrester now. Really more effective than less expensive gear?

Yes

It is an ACTIVE circuit, not some MOVS that take a hit and slowly die without telling you.
Take a look at their brochure, it will explain everything to you, and it's not BS.
Brick Wall is the best surge device I have seen available to everyday Joes, and if I lived in an area like FL with all their lightning storms I would definitely own one.
My brother bought one for his TV.

I want MY Cigarettes, MINE Nurse Ratched!!
Screen Pics
post #29 of 30 Old 06-07-2012, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter

Okay, just an update:

Got a Denon AVR 4300-CI REFURB from BestBuy (missing one of the two remotes, the low functioning one for multiple rooms... But I use a Harmony anyway) for $1000 to get the 3d.

Installed an Epson 6010, and couldn't be happier. Looks great out of the box. While I was putting it up, tweaked the ceiling mount a bit for the anamorphic lens, which USED to be mounted on the JVC, but now has a separate ceiling mount and looks SLICK.

I was excited to get everything fired up. Did my audio room calibration, firmware updates, repeogrammed the Harmony, etc, loaded Green Lantern 3D onto the PS3 (hey, back off! I've never seen it before! And I don't have a lot of 3d movies!).., and NOTHING!

Wasn't sure WHERE the problem lied. Directv worked, but with a Denon refurb, well, the possibilities were endless. Anyway, after trying things too numerous to mention here, discovered my Playstation 3 was the issue!

Apparently, the PS3 HDMI port HATES thunderstorms!

http://www.google.com/search?q=ps3+hdmi+thunderstorm&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

I haven't seen this posted as a PATTERN yet, so I am putting it here: Playsation 3 HDMI ports are unusually sensitive to thunderstorms. There are some bewildering tales out there of damaged HDMI ports even with surge suppressors, even, in some cases, with power unplugged (?) (though unknown if Ethernet/hdmi still attached).

Note googling "HDMI" and "thunderstorm" brings up a bunch of horror stories, but it SEEMS PS3s are a little more delicate. That said, depressing info about surge suppression from the outlet being only one source, but cable/sat inputs and HDMI as a conduit once a surge enters the system dispels an illusion of easy surge protection, even with unplugging. Sigh.

Anyhow, the nonHDMI PS3 is out of the theater, and a new one installed today.

Just tried it out and the 3d works! Looks/sounds great!!

Now to find inexpensive but good 3d glasses. Need about 4 more, some kid sized.

Looks like the most expensive are the Epsons. But the Panasonic TY-EW3D3 series (available in small, med, large) are good, as are the Playstation 3D glasses.

My Sony 3d glasses, sadly, were not. Oh, well.

Anyhow, thanks everyone for the advice.

Thinking about surge suppression besides at the power strip (like Brick Walls), like coax and Ethernet.... Hmm.
post #30 of 30 Old 06-11-2012, 12:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 190
Since you lived thru a lighting strike and are doing research into those suppression devices, please update this thread when you do buy your solution.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page