Marantz VP11-S2 Won't Turn On - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-27-2012, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a nearly new Marantz VP11-S2 with 59 hours on the bulb and when I was setting an amp up today I knocked the projector's plug slightly out of the wall when I was moving my AV cabinet. The projector turned off and won't turn back on again. I had this problem once with a VP12-S4 and it turned back on the following day. I have taken the lamp housing out of the VP11-S2 and put it back in but that didn't work, I have also tested it with a different power cable and socket. Has the power supply blown or is this an easy fix?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-29-2012, 08:48 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 11
Really hard to say. It sounds like the projector was on when the power got pulled, correct?

How long did you wait to turn it back on? They need to be cool and if they do not go through the fan cool down stage, then it may have been in protect mode.

Jason C. Turk
Technical Support, Customer Service, Sales and Installations
A/V Science, Inc.
Direct Line: 585-645-1004
Email: jason@avscience.com

Don't forget my nearly 13,000 posts under my old ID!

post #3 of 4 Old 05-29-2012, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Yes, the VP11-S2 was on and the plug came out when I was wheeling my AV cabinet back against the wall. The power was coming from an ISOL-8 power conditioner. Everything else is working fine from the ISOL-8 unit and I have tried to turn the VP11-S2 using a different power cable and electrical socket. I had just sold my VP12-S4 which I had for 7 year with no problems. I did have this problem once or twice with the VP12-S4 but it would always come back on after cooling down. The only other possible issue is this projector was bought from Holland and I am in the UK. Mainland Europe uses 230V and the UK uses 240V but this differential isn't usually a problem. I am wondering if there is a thermal reset switch inside the unit which will snap it out of the protect mode.
post #4 of 4 Old 05-30-2012, 08:29 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 11
No voltage always has some variance...220-240 or 110-120 in the US. But, being 220v, it may be more susceptible to drastic changes. I am not really sure. I do not believe there are any fuses or such so I would probably contact Marantz at this point.

Jason C. Turk
Technical Support, Customer Service, Sales and Installations
A/V Science, Inc.
Direct Line: 585-645-1004
Email: jason@avscience.com

Don't forget my nearly 13,000 posts under my old ID!

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page