videogon/ audiogon - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-06-2012, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am having 2 issues as a new user and possible user to these sites. I hope someone can help me out. I recently had a buyer back out of a sale on Audiogon but they are still trying to bill me. I've emailed them multiple times but I'm not getting any responses about the billing. Does anyone know how to contact this company? As for videogon, I also need a phone number or way to contact them. I've made multiple attempts to register however i never receive the last email from them in order for my account to work. Again, I have emailed them multiple times with no responses. Currently I'm thinking that both of these sites are terrible with communication. Any ideas or thoughts? I have a couple of high end items that I am trying to sell. Im not a dealer, im just a home theatre owner trying to sell my stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-06-2012, 08:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 45
I've sold and bought A/V gear at Audiogon for many years now.
Last year i managed to snag a store-demo, almost brand-new Runco Q-750D LED projector for less than 1/3 of msrp (unbeliveable find and buy) followed a couple of months later by an Onkyo Integra DHC 80.2 manufacturer reconditioned and warranteed, for less than 1/2 msrp.
So, yes, Audiogon / Videogon is a very reliable site for selling/buying A/V equipment but when it comes to contacting any living soul at Audiogon either by phone or email, GOOD LUCK to you !
I had some problems last year with the payment for my last purchase as well as the rudeness of the dealer and tried contacting the company several times to no avail, they don't even bother to return emails which is very frustrating considering that sellers have to pay a fee to use the site and it seems to me that the least they could do is to answer questions and concerns from paying members.
I remember specifically one of the most annoying problems i had sending payment to seller : once i clicked on the site's link for "send message" the entire purchase agreement and all pertinent information disappeared completely off the site, and there wasn't anything either the seller or i could do about it, even after 7 days of both of us constantly tring to reach Audiogon; I had to send payment to seller directly through Paypal and bypass Audiogon, a fact i felt rather nervous about even after doing extensive search concerning the seller's reputation, feedback, physical location, PayPal registration, etc.
As for your problem with the site still trying to bill you for a purchase, i would simply ignore it since no one in the company even bothered to return your emails and i imagine that you haven't started any payment process either by credit card or Paypal, in which case you should contact them directly and inform about the purchase cancellation.
As for selling your stuff, go right ahead, place your ad and see if you get any offers that you'd consider and take it from there; Just remember to never click on that damn worthless link i mentioned above.
Good Luck to ya' >>> Marcos
post #3 of 3 Old 11-06-2012, 07:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the same problem with videogon. I have seen 2 projectors there i was interested in but there seems to be no way to register for this site. The final email never comes. Tried several computers, reregistered, sent them emails, etc. what a completely useless site. There is a seller somewhere in Utah right now with a nice looking sim c3x host that I am interested in but I guess it is impossible.

If you want to never sell your equipment, list it on videogon.

Greg

-------------------------
Big Red Cinema Build - In Progress
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page