My Panasonic PT-AE7000U after 250 hours of use stopped to work.What could be the problem? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-09-2012, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Good night everyone,i really need your help.My name is Leonardo and i'm from Brazil.I am so sad that my panasonic PT-AE7000U stopped to work today after 250 hours of use.Last night i saw a movie and turned it off as usual.Today when i was going to watch a movie and turn it on again,it has just started to do some creep noises and there was no light going out of the lenses.I've tried to turn off using the remote control and the control panel in the left side of the projector but didn't work,so i just unplugged it from my monster energy conditioner.When i try to turn on it again,the same noises continues on and on,i don't know what to do.Anyone here had the same problem or knows what could be?I have bought it last year just when it was launched on Visualapex,i know it still have warranty but how i live in Brazil i don't think Panasonic will do something for me here.

Best regards,Leonardo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-09-2012, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've posted a video on youtube showing the problem.I am speaking in portuguese but you can listen to the audible noise that the projector does on and on and there is no light going out of the lenses.Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlsEPbYreI0&feature=youtu.be
post #3 of 4 Old 06-10-2012, 08:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Sounds like the lamp is failing to strike.

See if there is new software or check your bulb to see if ok. May be a software glitch.

My Home Theater of the Month- Le Petit Trianon

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009
post #4 of 4 Old 06-11-2012, 05:55 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Hi Leonardo
You can try this: take the lamp off (as if you are going to replace it), see if it is visually OK and the put it back on. Sometimes it would fix the glitch.
When you try to ignite the PJ, the top leds what color/s is/are showing? Green? Orange? Red? none?
I have the AE4000 (my 6th Panasonic PJ) and live in Buenos Aires, so I'm in the same boat or worse. Had a few problems (dust blobs, stucked lens, loose polarizer) buy I was able to solve them myself.
Good luck and sorry for the 4 - 3 smile.gif
Fernando
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Panasonic Pt Ae7000u 1080p Full Hd Projector
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page