Hello all, i finally had some time to spend with the new W7000(1.03) in 2D mode this weekend, I'm replacing a W5000 which I'm quite satisfied with. I'm not an expert at all with projectors and I'm hoping someone is willing to help me out. I'm wondering if anyone has some suggestions on the best settings for 2D and movie watching. The 2 items i'd like to address are:
1) The picture "pop" makes movies look like cheap TV shows.
2) I seem to need to adjust gamma to 1.8 to get any detail in the dark picture. ie. in Iron Man 2, black widows blue suit looks black with no detail until the gamma is set to 1.6 -1.8. Same thing with Thor, i lose all detail in the blacks without the gamma low, however even with gamma at 2.4 all the bright scenes are very bright almost perfect, but dark scenes are overly dark.
3) Is there any way to get the deepest projector black - darker? I can clearly see the 16:9 greyness on an all black screen as lighter than the screen looks in darkness. Is this just because of the high lumens? My W5000's black is almost as black as the screen in darkness.
Here is what I've tried:
1) I've tried setting the lamp to economic, working from the "cinema" mode base, setting the color temp to warm, setting detail enhancement to zero and setting sharpness to zero. Even with this it makes movies that look like "movies" on my W5000 and plasma look like a cheap "made for TV drama", if you know what I mean? I'm not quite sure why since it's from the same source. I've been using Live Free Die Hard, and Aliens as prime examples of this. Anyone got suggestions for user adjustable settings?
2) I'm curious what other people's gamma settings are with this projector. What other settings are people using for movie watching.
Thanks in advance.