JVC RS40 B Stock - Lamp exploded - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 06-23-2012, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum, and purchased one of the B Stock JVC RS40's that were available from AV Science recently. I've only used it a few weeks, and went down to turn it on today, and the bulb exploded. Is this something that happens with these? It sounded like glass went everywhere inside it, but I haven't pulled it down or opened it up. Is it ok to just replace the bulb, or should I ask them to exchange the projector?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-23-2012, 01:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I would ask for a replacement. AVS sold me my first RS1 years ago, they will take care of your problem.
post #3 of 8 Old 06-23-2012, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by akinc5000 View Post

Hey guys,
I'm new to the forum, and purchased one of the B Stock JVC RS40's that were available from AV Science recently. I've only used it a few weeks, and went down to turn it on today, and the bulb exploded. Is this something that happens with these? It sounded like glass went everywhere inside it, but I haven't pulled it down or opened it up. Is it ok to just replace the bulb, or should I ask them to exchange the projector?

JVC will send you a new version of the lamp by two day ups. Call their field support number on Monday,
post #4 of 8 Old 06-23-2012, 08:33 PM

Sorry to hear about your bulb.

What do you think about the picture quality thus far (other than it exploding)?
post #5 of 8 Old 06-24-2012, 01:00 AM

I truly believe that something unusual has RS40 American models in relation to Europeans X3 here in Europe there are few problems of aging or broken lamps in my case today will fulfill 500 hours of perfect viewing in just 6 months with a power mode under lamp and lens opening at -10 calibrated DVDO iscan DUO enjoy very good punch on the screen of 130 "with 1.0 gain and a shooting distance of 5.6 meters.

post #6 of 8 Old 06-24-2012, 06:16 AM - Thread Starter

I'm not a videophile, and this is the first projector I've had since my dad picked up a surplus CRT projector from his university probably 15 years ago smile.gif. The picture looked very good to me, very bright and good contrast. The convergence on the blue was maybe half a pixel off, but I could only really tell on the test patterns. Unfortunately, the convergence adjustment only works on full pixel, I'm guessing it's just shifting the signal rather than moving anything physical. I've got it mounted on the ceiling in a fully light controlled media room, with a 120" fixed screen. I built the screen with the kit from the 'buildyourownprojectionscreen dot com' screen guy who sells the material on ebay..
post #7 of 8 Old 06-26-2012, 11:38 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 11
Quote:

Hey guys,

Guys, Joe is set. Most of the B-stocks had new lamps, but there was no way to easily know for sure without loads of time. He was overnighted a new lamp (Version 3). That will resolve the issue.

Joe sorry you had to have that experience. No fun, but fortunately it is being stood behind.

Jason C. Turk
Technical Support, Customer Service, Sales and Installations
A/V Science, Inc.
Direct Line: 585-645-1004
Email: jason@avscience.com

Don't forget my nearly 13,000 posts under my old ID!

post #8 of 8 Old 06-27-2012, 03:58 AM

Liked: 20
Quote:

I'm not a videophile, and this is the first projector I've had since my dad picked up a surplus CRT projector from his university probably 15 years ago smile.gif. The picture looked very good to me, very bright and good contrast. The convergence on the blue was maybe half a pixel off, but I could only really tell on the test patterns. Unfortunately, the convergence adjustment only works on full pixel, I'm guessing it's just shifting the signal rather than moving anything physical. I've got it mounted on the ceiling in a fully light controlled media room, with a 120" fixed screen. I built the screen with the kit from the 'buildyourownprojectionscreen dot com' screen guy who sells the material on ebay..

You guessed right.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc Dla Rs40u

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page