Sony HW30 Kids 3D Glasses - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 06-29-2012, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bought a pair of TDG-BR50 glasses, but I guess they are the wrong kind? When you switch them on, the color changes a little, but the bluriness stays the same.

So what did I screw up here?

What doI need to buy...and where? AV Science doesn't carry them.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-29-2012, 04:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 372 Post(s)
Liked: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark01 View Post

Bought a pair of TDG-BR50 glasses, but I guess they are the wrong kind? When you switch them on, the color changes a little, but the bluriness stays the same.
So what did I screw up here?

What doI need to buy...and where? AV Science doesn't carry them.

Thanks

Hi, you need a filter kit from Sony. They are 2 small plastic lenses that snap into the front of the glasses and work perfect with the HW30. Hang in there, I'll find you the part #'s on Sony's site and post back here.
post #3 of 6 Old 06-29-2012, 04:20 PM
AVS Special Member

post #4 of 6 Old 06-29-2012, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Zombie,
Thanks for the reply.....called Sony to find out what a polarizor screen looks like, how they attach etc.....but God those people are morons.

Can you tell me these things?

Why are these different from the adult glasses?
post #5 of 6 Old 06-29-2012, 09:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark01 View Post

Zombie,
Thanks for the reply.....called Sony to find out what a polarizor screen looks like, how they attach etc.....but God those people are morons.

Can you tell me these things?

Why are these different from the adult glasses?

There are certain Sony displays that don't need the filters, these displays used the BR50 (kids) and BR250 (adult) glasses. The BR250's look similar to the new model (TDG-PJ1) that ships with the HW30 and have the filters built in already.

The older BR50 and BR250 glasses can be used with the HW30 provided that they have the filters installed. When you order from the site, it will include instructions. They just snap into the front of the glasses. You will see when you get them.

The BR50's are great for kids, it's worth getting the filters.
post #6 of 6 Old 07-02-2012, 03:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 46
I recently bought some extra BR50s on eBay in case the kids want to have friends over to watch some 3D movies. Boy the CSR couldn't deviate from her script. She kept telling me the BR50s were not designed to work with my projector and they were intended for Sony 3DTVs only. I tried to explain that my kids have been using two pairs of BR50s since February with the filters and they work just fine. The HW30ES product page does not mention the BR50s and vice versa the BR50 product page doesn't mention the 30. I even tried to point her to he fact that Sony's original 3D unit used the original Sony glasses with the filter. She refused to believe me that the filters work. Eventually after going back and forth with her and being on hold she eventually transferred me to a higher level tech who was obliviously located in the US. Got an additional 3pairs of filters even though they still claim they don't work. Hello... The TDG-PJ1 glasses are nothing more than the BR250s with the filter built into the glasses. What makes matters worse is that Sony has made it harder to just order the part on your own. At least I got the extras for free, but I was willing to pay for them and they still were not going to provide the filters. That is a primary example of how NOT to run customer support. I have a feeling that Sony is getting complaints from dealers that the additional TDG-PJR1s are not selling well. Really those Sony glasses are junk compared to the low prices you can get on the MV glasses. The only reason I was getting the extra 50s is because no one other than Sony makes kid sized glasses for their displays.

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sony Vpl Hw30es 300 Inch 1080p Front Projector , Sony Tdg Br250 B Rechargeable 3d Adult Glasses Black
Gear in this thread - Br250 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page