Epson TW5000 / 6500UB uneven colour - orange banding - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-04-2012, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a 2nd hand TW5000 with around 1150 hours on the bulb.

Immediately on receiving it I noticed that the image is slightly warmer towards the far left, with an orange tinted band that runs vertically from top to bottom. A fainter and larger band with a more gradual slope occurs just centre right but is only visible when a fully white image is being projected across the entire frame.

So... is this common? Is it a problem with panel alignment or shall I replace the bulb?

I believe the projector is still under warranty. Is this something which can be repaired free of charge by Epson?

Below are some shots of the problem... Any help in diagnosing this much appreciated

Thanks everyone smile.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-05-2012, 05:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
If it is still under warranty, then yes I would get in contact with Epson. Small tint changes across a screen have been mentioned before, in the main 6500UB topic here, but not as severe as what I can see in your pictures. I would guess it is an LCD issue, but I am not an expert. Let us know what you find out from Epson, with or without a warranty.

Chris

"It's [expletive] lame to watch Jaws, a film that uses the 2.40 ratio as well as any ever produced, in the wrong format on HBO." -Steven Soderbergh, Oscar-winning director

post #3 of 3 Old 07-06-2012, 04:26 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
I will get in touch with Epson, thanks. Your guess is the same as mine, that it is a LCD issue. Maybe alignment of the red panel, or warping of the panel. I also notice that sharpness decreases towards the right of the frame relative to centre-left. Can anyone else who has experienced something similar chip in at this point? How did you get it fixed and what caused it?
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 6500ub Home Theater Projector
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page