Please Help--Recs for new Theater Room with 6010 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-06-2012, 05:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hello Everybody,

I've poured through hundreds of theads thus far and I appreciate everybody's knownledge. Any input would be valuable. I'm building a HT room. the size is 18 x 15 and 10 foot ceilings with complete control of light and mostly for Blu-ray and TV watching. I plan on having wo rows--the back wih a couch and the fron with two large beanbag seats. I have Def Tech Mythos speakers on all four corners and center.

1. What's the largest screen size I should put for max picture quality and how far back should I mount the Epson 6010.

2. What screen aspect 16x9?

3. Which semi-budget screen would you recomment? I was looking at the Carada bright vs the Jamestown.

4. Any other recommendations or tips?

Thanks,

Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-06-2012, 06:52 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 341
I would save a little money and go 5010 rather than 6010. Screen size depends on available throw, viewing distance and gain. When you say the room has complete light control, I assume that the walls, floor and ceiling are dark non reflective surfaces? Hard to answer the screen size question without knowing the answers to my other questions. The Carada has been measured at around 1.2 gain. If you need more gain for a larger screen, you might consider SI's Solar 4K. It measured 1.37. If you would like to get more in depth regarding screen size, viewing distance and gain needed, shoot us an email.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales
Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com

Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/

Call for B-stock projectors

Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI & many more.
Klipsch, RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson Powerlite Pro Cinema 6010 Projector , Epson 5010 Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page