Projector mounting question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-31-2012, 12:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone,

I am interested to get the Panasonic PT AE7000 but I would like to check first if this projector is compatible with our current lounge set-up.

Can I can use the vertical lens shift together with the "lens memory" function (to convert 16:9 to scope screen) at the same time?

I would like to mount this projector at the back of our lounge room but we have a small chandelier in the middle of the room, it is mounted directly from the ceiling and is about 16 inches in height (from ceiling to edge of chandelier). I am getting a scope screen but I am not keen on spending $$ for the anamorphic lens. Hence, I am getting this projector (has both lens shift and lens memory).

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-31-2012, 07:00 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by karl75 View Post

Hi everyone,
I am interested to get the Panasonic PT AE7000 but I would like to check first if this projector is compatible with our current lounge set-up.
Can I can use the vertical lens shift together with the "lens memory" function (to convert 16:9 to scope screen) at the same time?
I would like to mount this projector at the back of our lounge room but we have a small chandelier in the middle of the room, it is mounted directly from the ceiling and is about 16 inches in height (from ceiling to edge of chandelier). I am getting a scope screen but I am not keen on spending $$ for the anamorphic lens. Hence, I am getting this projector (has both lens shift and lens memory).
Thank you.

This projector has strict mounting limitations, if you want to use the CIH setup. The projector lens, must be mounted between the top and bottom of the image. The way that this projector does CIH is not by lens shift, but by shifting the image on the chip. This means it can only shift the image the height of the top and bottom black bars. That is why the lens has to be mounted between the top and bottom of the image.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales
Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com

Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/

Call for B-stock projectors

Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI & many more.
Klipsch, RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page