I am buying my first projector and the following parameters will shape my decision. I really want the new Panasonic 8000 to meet my expectations due to the amazing vertical lens shift:
- Quality: Manufacturing deviations such as lcd alignment etc are very important to me as I want the tightest tolerances but it is always a balancing act based on cost
- Sharpness: how the new 8000 compares with the Sony VPL HW50ES sharpness.
- Fan noise& Iris noise: My room is sound proofed and ultra quiet so I do not want a distracting fan or iris taking me my out of the movie experience
- Vertical lens shift: I love the vertical shift that the Panasonic offers as it seems to be unmatched in this regard. And for my room I really would like to be able to mount my projector about 12 inches below the ceiling so I will not have to see a giant pole and projector hanging 30 inches down from the ceiling.
- 3D: Also very interested in the 3D performance since my wife and kids currently will not watch movies in 3D on our Panasonic VT30 65" plasma due to what I think is "crosstalk" or ghosting but I am not sure.
- Black levels: Sounds like JVC is the king here
I am all over the place now since I have not ruled out the new JVC's as well.
Datasat LS10__ Parasound Halo A31 , Parasound Zonemaster 1250, Parasound Zonemaster 450
Procella P8 LCR, Procella P5iw and P5v for surround & ceiling
JTR Captivator S2 dual 18", JTR Captivator S1 single 18", Dual Seaton Submersives with dual 15"
2.40:1 Seymour XD Acoustically Transparent (AT) screen, 128" diagonal / 118" wide __ Projector: JVC 4910