New JVC DLA-RS46 / DLA-X35 entry level D-ILA projector with 3D RF glasses CEDIA 2012 - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 137 Old 12-25-2012, 06:55 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I believe Bluetooth is simply a fancy name for RF.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 137 Old 12-25-2012, 08:24 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbryan View Post

I believe Bluetooth is simply a fancy name for RF.

Well, Bluetooth is an RF tech, but a very specific one. It normally requires units to be "paired". I did not have to pair my emitter with glasses.

BUT - if this is really true - then these Panasonic glasses are a much cheaper way of getting 3D on the X30. biggrin.gif:D

Now - if someone could specific in regard to the Panasonic glasses models used. I am for sure looking into 3rd party glasses for my X30.
post #123 of 137 Old 12-25-2012, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmonkey View Post

Well, Bluetooth is an RF tech, but a very specific one. It normally requires units to be "paired". I did not have to pair my emitter with glasses.
BUT - if this is really true - then these Panasonic glasses are a much cheaper way of getting 3D on the X30. biggrin.gif:D
Now - if someone could specific in regard to the Panasonic glasses models used. I am for sure looking into 3rd party glasses for my X30.
I'm the one who got the Panasonic glasses working with the JVC RF emitter and, believe me, it works fine. You do have to re-pair the glasses when you move from one display to the other but that's trivial -- pairing instructions come in the manual and it takes less than 30 seconds. I had to pair my JVC glasses with my JVC RF emitter before it would work.

The model number of the Panasonic glasses I have is TY-ER3D4MU. Since these Samsung Bluetooth glasses also work with 2012 Panasonic TVs, and since the Panasonic glasses work with the JVC RF emitter, it's practically a sure bet that the Samsung glasses will also work with the JVC emitter. It's really just a matter of pairing the glasses with the emitter before trying to use them.
Webmonkey likes this.
post #124 of 137 Old 12-25-2012, 01:13 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If the Panasonic 3d glasses TY-ER3D4MU work with the JVC RF emitter them the Dimensional Optics 3d glasses
(2012 PANASONIC RF 3D Glasses) at more cheaper price will work too ?
post #125 of 137 Old 12-25-2012, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by malis0931 View Post

If the Panasonic 3d glasses TY-ER3D4MU work with the JVC RF emitter them the Dimensional Optics 3d glasses
(2012 PANASONIC RF 3D Glasses) at more cheaper price will work too ?
I don't see why not...but I haven't tested them either.
post #126 of 137 Old 12-25-2012, 01:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 387 Post(s)
Liked: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndonlim View Post

To the serious movie freak, the jvc is the only game in town. I tried to trick myself into liking my Sony hw10 when I was deciding but should have realize that jvc was the only player which could deliver on great blacks. Gamers and 3d guys should look elsewhere for now.
If only jvc would solve this bulb issue perception as it is indeed turning a lot of business toward Sony hw50 and hw95es. But you'll notice that a lot of the avs sales guys use jvc which alone is quite telling.

Why is that? Do you mean for the price? Is it because of your understanding of on off contrast numbers based on a pure reading of the specs. Or are you considering them in light of a person's particular set up. The JVC published on off specs are at long throw, low lamp, smallest iris opening. That for many will be too dim. Other brands may work better, that is looking at on off alone, may result in a better light to on/off. What about 3D movie watching? there simply is no clear right choice and there are many expensive machines such as the Sim2 Lumis, solo, sony VPL-vw1000ES which are much better overal projectoors including for watching movies..

Mark Haflich

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

call me at: 240 876 2536
post #127 of 137 Old 12-25-2012, 02:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post

I'm the one who got the Panasonic glasses working with the JVC RF emitter and, believe me, it works fine. You do have to re-pair the glasses when you move from one display to the other but that's trivial -- pairing instructions come in the manual and it takes less than 30 seconds. I had to pair my JVC glasses with my JVC RF emitter before it would work.
The model number of the Panasonic glasses I have is TY-ER3D4MU. Since these Samsung Bluetooth glasses also work with 2012 Panasonic TVs, and since the Panasonic glasses work with the JVC RF emitter, it's practically a sure bet that the Samsung glasses will also work with the JVC emitter. It's really just a matter of pairing the glasses with the emitter before trying to use them.

Just how did you pair the Panasonics with the JVC RF emitter? I never saw any instruction in the JVC manuals and the loan kit I have right now just worked out of the box after finished charging the glasses (??)
post #128 of 137 Old 12-26-2012, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Just how did you pair the Panasonics with the JVC RF emitter? I never saw any instruction in the JVC manuals and the loan kit I have right now just worked out of the box after finished charging the glasses (??)

Here's how I paired the JVC glasses with both the JVC RF emitter and my Panasonic plasma:

Here's how I paired the Panasonic glasses with the JVC RF emitter:
Webmonkey likes this.
post #129 of 137 Old 12-26-2012, 09:51 AM
Advanced Member

cool! Thanks.

Now, I am also looking at the new ZF2100 glasses from Optoma or the "universal" via curtpalme.com - I understand that there is a polarization switch on them, so that they can be better fitted to a given orientation.
post #130 of 137 Old 12-26-2012, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

cool! Thanks.
Now, I am also looking at the new ZF2100 glasses from Optoma or the "universal" via curtpalme.com - I understand that there is a polarization switch on them, so that they can be better fitted to a given orientation.
My preference was to get the JVC RF emitter to go with the JVC projector. Other emitters will probably work but the JVC emitter is very compact and looks elegant -- it looks like it "goes" with the projector. Once you have the JVC RF emitter, you can probably use any Bluetooth glasses that you want.
post #132 of 137 Old 12-26-2012, 06:42 PM
AVS Special Member

No, those are IR glasses. If you're after cheap glasses that will should work with the JVC emitter (they'll definitely work with 2012 Panasonic plasmas, and 2012 Panasonic plasma glasses work with the JVC emitter), then give these a try.
post #133 of 137 Old 12-26-2012, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 36
That sucks
post #134 of 137 Old 03-13-2013, 03:31 AM
Advanced Member

I just tested the Optoma ZF2100 with my JVC X30 - they work - it was plug and play with the included RF emitter. The polarization is wrong though, as if when I tilt my head, the pictures gets brighter.... but geuss this is the JVC thing of using horizontal polarization.

It is pretty cool that the joystick on the emitter allows for tuning the glasses, something the original JVCs do not allow. I think I actually see slightly less crosstalk on the "dark object on bright background" type of picture.

I think I will keep these, despite the more dim pic compared to the new RF JVCs - and they cost a fraction of the JVC glasses. :-)
post #135 of 137 Old 03-16-2014, 02:45 PM

Im trying to find suitable placement for my jvc d-ila x35, and since I live in a apartment, there is only one place that will really work. But according to the manual it needs 30cm on each side because of heat dispersion, but i can only give it 15cm on each side. But there is plenty room on top, and since i only run it in low lamp mode, i think it should run fine, but I'm looking for some advise?

Thx in advance:)
post #136 of 137 Old 03-16-2014, 03:02 PM
kal
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by strip275 View Post

Im trying to find suitable placement for my jvc d-ila x35, and since I live in a apartment, there is only one place that will really work. But according to the manual it needs 30cm on each side because of heat dispersion, but i can only give it 15cm on each side. But there is plenty room on top, and since i only run it in low lamp mode, i think it should run fine, but I'm looking for some advise?

Thx in advance:)
I think it all depends on the space you're going to have it in, how much airflow there is, how enclosed it is. Can you post pictures of where the projector's going to live? As long as you have a source of fresh air and a means for the hot air to exhaust (without the hot air going back in), you're likely ok.

Kal

Editor:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Founder:

|

post #137 of 137 Old 03-16-2014, 03:13 PM

Does it suck air in from the back?
Okay finally, so here some of where the projector will live:

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page