AVS Forum banner

New JVC DLA-X75R/DLA-RS56 $7,999 projector with 3D RF glasses and E-shift CEDIA 2012

49K views 446 replies 73 participants last post by  Mike Garrett 
#1 ·
#4 ·
The US model will have the reference DLA-RS56 and will coast $7,999

#6 ·
UPS is scheduled to deliver mine on Wednesday.

-A

#8 ·
I can try to let you know my impressions when I receive it, but, to be honest, I'm very much a projector newb (and poster newb to this forum!) and probably won't be able to give you the details you'll be looking for. I have an Epson 8500UB that I bought about 2.5 years ago, so I don't have the same reference point (AKA an awesome projector) that everyone else on this board has. My Epson has (probably) below average convergence, non-uniform sharpness and an occasional red ghosting problem that requires a reboot of the project to "fix". And to think when I purchased it, I was pretty happy! Again, not a good reference projector. I suspect anything from JVC will blow me out of the water!

Also, I know nothing about calibration other than going through the motions on the Avia disk. I'd really love to learn more about this though...but am not sure where to start (maybe search this forum?
).

Will be using x104 glasses for my first experience with 3D in the home theater. IR only though, since I can't seem to find the RF dongles anyplace (where they're not priced at $40 each).

Very much looking forward to this projector!

-A

#9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atraya  /t/1424183/new-jvc-dla-x75r-dla-rs5...-glasses-and-e-shift-cedia-2012#post_22687242

Also, I know nothing about calibration other than going through the motions on the Avia disk. I'd really love to learn more about this though...but am not sure where to start ...
Try giving my (free) guide a read. It's targeted at those that know nothing about calibration: Greyscale & Colour Calibration for Dummies.

Link: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1029594/guide-greyscale-calibration-for-dummies

Kal

#11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atraya  /t/1424183/new-jvc-dla-x75r-dla-rs5...-glasses-and-e-shift-cedia-2012#post_22686699

UPS is scheduled to deliver mine on Wednesday.

-A
UPS Quantum view just notified me mine is scheduled for Friday. Screen (135" Firehawk G3) arrives Thursday. Last of the cables arrived yesterday, and Oppo 103 tomorrow. Seven Klipsch in-wall speakers to install. Have a 60 person party Saturday night, any bets if I can get it up and running?

(First projector - It's great to be a n00b!)

-K

#12 ·
Wow, do you have a lot of work to do! Hope you have help...

I only have to remove my Epson and replace with the 56, then pour a glass of wine and enjoy!
:)

-A

#13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwrzesien  /t/1424183/new-jvc-dla-x75r-dla-rs5...-glasses-and-e-shift-cedia-2012#post_22691278

(First projector - It's great to be a n00b!)

BTW, congrats on this!

-A

#14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atraya  /t/1424183/new-jvc-dla-x75r-dla-rs5...-glasses-and-e-shift-cedia-2012#post_22691319

BTW, congrats on this!

-A

Thanks! This is the wife's dream, it's a media room on the main floor of our new house. We have black-out drapes for the windows but it will be real interesting to see how the JVC and screen do with ambient light. I'll try to take some pictures.

#15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal  /t/1424183/new-jvc-dla-x75r-dla-rs5...-glasses-and-e-shift-cedia-2012#post_22687571

Try giving my (free) guide a read. It's targeted at those that know nothing about calibration: Greyscale & Colour Calibration for Dummies.

Link: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1029594/guide-greyscale-calibration-for-dummies

Kal

Thanks very much for this, Kal! I've been absorbing it all over the last couple of days and will be purchasing probably an EyeOne Display 3 PRO after I get past the cost of the holidays (and my projector:D). 'Course, I could do something stupid and buy it now too.

-A

#16 ·
Now have projector in hand! Below are some pictures of the unboxing. I'm not a good photographer and I've never uploaded pictures here before, so forgive me if the quality is sub par.

Puck's as excited as I am!

Now to replace the Epson...

-A

#18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atraya  /t/1424183/new-jvc-dla-x75r-dla-rs5...-glasses-and-e-shift-cedia-2012#post_22694445

Puck's as excited as I am!

-A
+1 for cat pics.

#19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwrzesien  /t/1424183/new-jvc-dla-x75r-dla-rs5...-glasses-and-e-shift-cedia-2012#post_22695372

+1 for cat pics.

Lucky kitty gets to see the RS56. Congrats and can't wait to hear your observations.

Mike

#21 ·
Congrat's on the new projector...I am looking forward to the reviews on the new units. I have a DLA-X75R on order and should be here in Canada by the 20th of Dec. Also, I have put together a group buy in Canada for the new X35,X55,X75,X95's if anyone is interested in the group buy pricing please PM for the dealer contact.

#22 ·
Just got my rs56 yesterday afternoon. No cat involved but two 150 pound dogs that almost kept the UPS guy from delivering! The ceiling mount and 3D accessories are 5 days behind but I couldn't wait. Also got the new Denon 4520 so jury rigged up a hook up, calibrated the speakers, did a quick adjust on the projector and WOW! This is replacing an RS1 so obviously expected significant changes but I am amazed how much of an improvement it is...even given no real calibration (or anything other than a rough focus). Watched The Bourne Legacy on a DaLite Hi Power screen and the contrast, brightness, color and detail were stunning. Going to get the SI Black Diamond Zero Edge in 2.35:1 to do CIH with lens memory and with that picture it really will be immersive. Obviously going to have to sit down with this and play and adjust in much more detail but I've helped a lot of folks install and calibrate a lot of projectors and this is one of the best out of the box looks I've seen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.