OTTAWA Ont. what stores to visit to see PJs? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-12-2012, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I'll be spending a couple of days in Ottawa this week. In my home town, I have only been able to see an epson 3010. I have to believe Ottawa would have a few more stores with better selection

I'm most interested in the Mitsubishi hc9000, epson 6010, jvcs and Sony in the same price range as the mits and epson.

I'm considering taking my electohome 9500lc down to get one of the above for a sharper image and a little 3D

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-12-2012, 12:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Signature Audio Video in Kanata has JVC, Panasonic and Epson. They are on Iber Rd.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-13-2012, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Thanks. I'll check them out. I'll call Mitsubishi about their dealers when I get there
post #4 of 5 Old 08-18-2012, 07:22 AM
kal
AVS Special Member

Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamas View Post

Signature Audio Video in Kanata has JVC, Panasonic and Epson. They are on Iber Rd.

I was in there a month or two ago and they have the JVC RS45 (X30) on a somewhat standard 16x9 screen and the R55 (X70) on a scope screen with anamorphic lens.

If I remember correctly neither had been calibrated (greyscale/primaries/gamma/etc) so comparison with other makes/models is diificult or near impossible. I find that in most cases seeing projectors in person is only good for seeing how they handle motion/blur, how the uniformity may be (varies from unit to unit), pixel structure/fill-rate, and so on.

For most other things you need a properly calibrated projector to really know what you're getting.

Kal
post #5 of 5 Old 08-18-2012, 08:26 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I wAs there Thursday and spent some time with both the jvcs map mentioned. Micheal Chen does there calibrations and I believe they were set up quite well, although I did not specifically ask if Michael had calibrated these one specifically.

I was quite impressed with the store in general and the two fellas I spoke with we're great and seemed knowledgable.

I was very impressed with the scope presentation using the uh480 anamorphic lens

I called Mitsubishi Canada directly, and they gave me
The name number and address of.... Wait for it.... An hvac supPly house. Good thing I called to see if they had an hc9000 hanging.... Of course the guy corrected me and gave me some model number... For an air conditioner... So I was unable to see the Mits. frown.gif. The Mits i shoukdnt have been suprised though... The canadian site clearly lists the hc9000 as a DLP projector. The American site is far superior, and there are some Michigan locations not that far from me, so another road trip is in order.... I wonder how close that would put me to Arts house... I haven't seen his post dual CRT set up. smile.gif
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page