HC9000 2d image compared to HC6000 - need advice - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-12-2012, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I currently have a mistubishi hc6000. I wanted to upgrade to either the Mitsu HC9000 or the Epson 6010 which are each around 3000 dollars. I dont know enough to figure out if I will notice a huge difference in what I am currently running. I have been very happy with the HC6000 but am selling a home in which it will remain. If anyone has experience with any of these please point me in the right direction. All I care about is image quality in 2d. The 3d is simply an add on with these new projectors I am looking at. Main concern is 2d difference from my HC6000 to a possible upgrade. Thanks so much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-12-2012, 05:36 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by markos View Post

I currently have a mistubishi hc6000. I wanted to upgrade to either the Mitsu HC9000 or the Epson 6010 which are each around 3000 dollars. I dont know enough to figure out if I will notice a huge difference in what I am currently running. I have been very happy with the HC6000 but am selling a home in which it will remain. If anyone has experience with any of these please point me in the right direction. All I care about is image quality in 2d. The 3d is simply an add on with these new projectors I am looking at. Main concern is 2d difference from my HC6000 to a possible upgrade. Thanks so much

While I have not seen the HC6000, I have seen the HC6800. The image of the Mits HC9000D is much better. It will have better contrast, better motion much better black levels. The SXRD image from the HC9000D with have a lot more depth to it compared to the HC6000 LCD image. I have also owned a Viewsonic Pro8100, which throws an image much like the HC6000/6800. After seeing the HC9000D, you will understand why many of us talk about the image from an LCD appearing flat, no depth.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Brands we sell: 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon & many more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-12-2012, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks Mike. Any comparison thoughts to the Epson 6010. Seems like a lot of the local installers are pushing this one over the mitsubishi 9000 but I have always had luck with the two mitsu projectors I have owned. Any pluses or minuses when comparing the 2d pictures between these two.
post #4 of 5 Old 08-12-2012, 08:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 147
The Mits is better than the Epson for sure, unless you want 3D which is where the Epson is really good. The Mits is more a competitor against the JVC RS-45 or RS-55 than it is against the Epson.

Some people say the Mits is better than the JVC RS-45, I would say in some ways I'm sure it is, the Mits will have better motion than the JVC's at the very least. I think the Mits handles poorer sources better and has better processing (from what others have said). Overall if the Mits were the same price as the RS-45, I might take the Mits, but it's more expensive.

for both one projector or dual stacks

Web Calculator v023 & v025
-

**Current Projector Calculator** --

Coder's Top Projector Picks of 2012 --

post #5 of 5 Old 08-13-2012, 06:48 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by markos View Post

Thanks Mike. Any comparison thoughts to the Epson 6010. Seems like a lot of the local installers are pushing this one over the mitsubishi 9000 but I have always had luck with the two mitsu projectors I have owned. Any pluses or minuses when comparing the 2d pictures between these two.

Give us a call or shoot us an email for our thoughts on these two. smile.gif

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me:

Brands we sell: 

Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon & many more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Mitsubishi Hc9000d 3d 1080p Lcd Projector , Epson Powerlite Pro Cinema 6010 Projector
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page