Problem with my Sanyo PLC XP41 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 08-20-2012, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys... I've been lurking on the forums, reading up on which PJ I want to upgrade to, but for the time being, I've got a Sanyo PLC XP41.
I bought this unit used off of ebay several years ago, and it's worked like a champ. If it were 1080P, I'd never, ever get rid of it.
I've replaced a couple of lamps (Gets used a lot!). I have the service manual for it, and have disassembled, cleaned and reassembled it a few times.
Saturday night, we're been watching it most of the day, it had been off for a bit, I turned it back on, and after about 10 seconds, it shut itself off,
and the fans all kicked into high gear, like it had over heated. It was very late, so I figured I'd give it a good cleaning the next day.
I spent several hours on Sunday cleaning. After the first cleaning, I hooked it back up, and tried it. Same thing.
So then I figured I'd go ahead and pull the optics setup out, and clean the two big fans that are mounted to the base plate. I've never disassembled
it this far before. I'm glad I did! They were really bad. After getting everything nice and clean, I reassembled, tested it on the table. Left it on for 10 minutes.
Worked fine. Remounted it to the ceiling, after a few seconds, turns off, fans go to high for about 1min, then it's all quiet. I immediately powered it back
on, came on, and we watched about 6 hours worth of shows before shutting it down for the night. Now, this afternoon, I can't get it to stay on. I'm guessing
it's some kind of thermal shutdown mode, but it's got to be a faulty thermal switch or something causing it.
Anyone had this issue with a Sanyo or equivalent brand PJ??? I'm not really ready to drop the load of money on a new PJ yet, need to get this one to last
a little while longer.
Would love to hear thoughts/theories... wink.gif

Thanks!!

Ron
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page