NEW EPSON HOME CINEMA 3020, 5020 and 6020 AVAILABLE IN OCTOBER AND NOVEMBER 2012 - Page 27 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #781 of 782 Old 10-04-2013, 05:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have the WOW disc as well. Good for basic calibration but I need to fork out $500+ for an ISF calibration at some stage. Just to see how good it can really be.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #782 of 782 Old 10-31-2013, 11:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone with the Epson 5020 UBE (wireless HD model) figured out a proper control mechanism for the wireless transmitter?

The quality of the transmitter seems great in that there is no chop in the signal, but the control over it is a complete joke. It has neither discrete inputs or outputs and with 7 different ports on it that makes usage near impossible. Has anyone tried using a third-party transmitter as a replacement? I see some on the market from DVDO and Sharp and wonder if they're compatible, in other words is WiHD standard enough that you can actually use products from different manufacturers, because the Epson one is going to drive me nuts pretty soon if I can't extract proper control codes for it. Telling the wife to keep hitting the Input button it eventually works is not a solution. I have already emailed Epson support twice and they do not seem to have any cogent answers. I am currently assuming they actually let these boxes out the door without building discrete IR codes into them which pretty much makes the transmitter trash.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson V11h502020 Powerlite Home Cinema 3020e 2d And 3d 1080p Wireless Home Theater Projector , Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Epson Powerlite Pro Cinema 6010 Projector
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page