Just purchased used DLA-X70 from local dealer - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-02-2012, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys,

Just purchased a used DLA-X70 from a dealer, supposedly has low hours and he added a 2nd bulb brand new.

I have been reading a little bit about the bulb issues with JVC. At what point do most users begin to see issues with the lamp?

I'm also contemplating of getting a 2nd projector (Epson 5010 or 6010) for 3D/sports viewing.

Don't get me wrong, I love the X70, cinemascope is awesome and the blacks are superb. I'm just wondering if I should invest in a 2nd projector for sports viewing (football/basketball)

and maybe a little 3d =)

Is anyone else doing something like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-02-2012, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 327
I use the BenQ W7000 for a 2nd projector to the RS55 (X70). The W7000 is for daytime TV (~ 1500 lumens @ D65), concerts and 3D. I use the RS55 for 2D BD with a dark room.

The W7000 has some of the best 3D out there and one of the brightest 'best modes'. It's a good complement to the JVC.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 Old 09-02-2012, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by point1 View Post

Hi guys,
Just purchased a used DLA-X70 from a dealer, supposedly has low hours and he added a 2nd bulb brand new.
I have been reading a little bit about the bulb issues with JVC. At what point do most users begin to see issues with the lamp?
I'm also contemplating of getting a 2nd projector (Epson 5010 or 6010) for 3D/sports viewing.
Don't get me wrong, I love the X70, cinemascope is awesome and the blacks are superb. I'm just wondering if I should invest in a 2nd projector for sports viewing (football/basketball)
and maybe a little 3d
Is anyone else doing something like this?

If you are not bothered by DLPs, I say go for a Benq W7000. Motion is great for sports and its bright. Also, 3D is the best. The X70 and W7000 is a perfect combination. I had a RS55/X70 but sold it to get in on the new JVC models. I wouldnt be selling my W7000. It does what the X70 does not do great. My next JVC will be just for 2D blu rays and continue to use my W7000 for sports and 3D. I also use a 3rd projector, a $400 acer for ps3, HTPC, and HDTV. I could easily use my W7000 for gaming, htpc, and HDTV, but I like my 3 projector stand that I have. Plus, if I can keep my hours low on my main projectors, I can sell them with little lost for the new model upgrade.

Also, looking into getting a Darbee Vision for your X70
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc Dla X70 Projector

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page