Old 09-11-2012, 09:55 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_WI View Post

Sounds good. I'd like to see the new JVC model.
Later in fall/winter would work.
I'm a few people with their HT projects lately.
Mike

I think you are being a little optimistic on shipping dates.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2012, 10:33 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gleave View Post

I think you are being a little optimistic on shipping dates.
Good point.

Mike
Old 09-11-2012, 10:43 AM

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 4 View Post

Houston. We have a problem. Mark is not Mike and Mike is not Mark.
Roger Apollo. It should be "Thanks Mark. I have emailed Mike."
Houston. Who is Roger smile.gif
Who is the guy on first.
Roger.
Who?

Ha I even double checked and still got it wrong - still have asleep I guess!

Sorry about that!

JJ
Old 09-11-2012, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
With the press release JVC will piss off a lot of people from the last 2 years with the bulb issues. I know I am one of them. It just shows that they have faulty projectors and bulbs. Not only have they Changed the power supply and the engine, they have switched bulbs.

They should do a recall even though I know they wont, I just got my 3rd bulb from them and if it fails at 400 hrs or is unwatchable I will be pissed.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:17 PM

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by rboster View Post

Mark or Mike G.: What are your thoughts of this unit vs my current set up with the Planar 8150 + darbee? I don't have anywhere to view the old eshift, much less the newer version to be able to compare the projectors. I know that Kris Deering moved from the Planar 8150 (and DLP world) to last year's JVC.
Any thoughts would be appreciated
Ron

Ron. Give us a call and we can discuss. it would be a long answer based on your current set up parameters and remember the new JVCs won't be available for critical evaluation for about 3 months.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:35 PM

Mark,

Will you guys be able to sell the 4810 or is that dealers only? I think I would prefer that version for the small price increase.

Also any ballpark dates when we will be able to get one?

JJ
Old 09-12-2012, 05:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOWK View Post

I am trying to find a good way to black out even more at the current moment. My carpet is a little to light for me.

I changed out my dark forest green carpet for the blackest carpet I could find. Had to go to several carpet stores to find the blackest. I ended up with about a dozen "black" samples. Went with the blackest smile.gif Made a huge difference (from my perspective). Just have to be careful if you have steps leading to a riser as you're never quite sure where to step next - might fall in a hole eek.gif )
Old 09-12-2012, 07:44 AM

Looks like this may be the year to retire my G-20. The lamp is up for replacement and there's no way I'm spending $1500 for a new lamp when for 2 or 3 times that much I can pick up a new 35 or 55. Does anyone know how the brightness of these new models compares to a G-20. .I am using a DaLite 120" Audio Vision Matte white screen. I know the picture will be leaps and bounds above the G-20. I'll probably lean towards the 55 for the 4k resolution. Also, I wonder if the older IR emitters will work with the new projectors. I haven't looked but I would guess IR glasses are cheaper.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:

Ron. Give us a call and we can discuss. it would be a long answer based on your current set up parameters and remember the new JVCs won't be available for critical evaluation for about 3 months.

Mark: I'll give you a call later today

"Retired" AVS Moderator
Feeler: I'm thinking of selling my JTR Triple 8HT's Let me know if you are interested?
For Sale: ACS PlanarTrap (freestanding acoustic panel) ($300/pair)[/B]:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-au...tic-panel.html
Old 09-12-2012, 09:28 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 696 Post(s)
Liked: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjslegacy View Post

Mark,
Will you guys be able to sell the 4810 or is that dealers only? I think I would prefer that version for the small price increase.

Not Mark, but I can answer the question for you. We will carry the RS46, RS48, RS56 and RS66. We will also have the 4810.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
Old 09-12-2012, 09:35 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGratz View Post

Looks like this may be the year to retire my G-20. The lamp is up for replacement and there's no way I'm spending $1500 for a new lamp when for 2 or 3 times that much I can pick up a new 35 or 55. Does anyone know how the brightness of these new models compares to a G-20. .I am using a DaLite 120" Audio Vision Matte white screen. I know the picture will be leaps and bounds above the G-20. I'll probably lean towards the 55 for the 4k resolution. Also, I wonder if the older IR emitters will work with the new projectors. I haven't looked but I would guess IR glasses are cheaper.

Brightness wise you are in good shape, depending on throw distance. Knowing that the RF emitter works on last years projectors, so it stands to reason that the IR emitter will work with this years projectors, though I don't know why you would want to go IR when RF is a available. With RF you do not have to worry about any stray IR signals messing with control of any equipment. The preorder specials on these projectors should be very attractive.

RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
Old 09-12-2012, 03:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Not sure how I missed this thread. So for a RS45 user, the RS46 gets more lens shift memory and 50,000:1 contrast... Oh wait, that is what I already have. Sounds like they made a couple of software changes and are trying to pass it off as an improvement. No thanks. My own improvement is my Darbee to my RS45. As long as I can work out a few quirks there, it will be better than the replacement model is and cost less.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:52 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbuol View Post

Not sure how I missed this thread. So for a RS45 user, the RS46 gets more lens shift memory and 50,000:1 contrast... Oh wait, that is what I already have. Sounds like they made a couple of software changes and are trying to pass it off as an improvement. No thanks. My own improvement is my Darbee to my RS45. As long as I can work out a few quirks there, it will be better than the replacement model is and cost less.

The 46 has brighter, less ghosting 3D. Also has a longer lasting lamp with less drop off and the lamp has a much lower cost. Now for RS45 owners, that may not be enough, but that is why they have the RS48. Now you do not have to pay double the price of the RS45 to get E-shift and a full CMS.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:56 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 560
Quote:

I feel the same way after hearing about the new models, especially the RS45 replacement. I am not tempted hardly at all this year to put my 45 up for sale and do the whole preorder ordeal....No disrespect toward Mark or anyone else reporting from Cedia since we all VERY much appreciate the info, but until we have production units in the wild and throw the true test material at them such as Patagonia, Sammys, DM, gaming, etc......I am not counting the ghosting has been improved chickens before they hatch, and same goes for the new lamp. Sorry, but we heard of improved ghosting last year and the crosstalk canceler and "the Tangled lantern scene does not ghost anymore on the 45/55/65!", etc........and when the actual production units hit, there was no improvement in ghosting and some even experienced even worse ghosting vs their 40/50/60. Not to mention we still have the flicker problem................

Having said all that, IF these things pan out to be true, I will certainly be on the pre-order list next year most likely. I also would like to see some sort of gaming mode to get a significant reduction in lag which people have been asking about for years now. Time will tell. My plan is same as yours........add a Darbee and be happy. biggrin.gif

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Old 09-12-2012, 07:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 39
When should we expect to see pre order pricing
Old 09-13-2012, 07:42 AM
QuadMersed in bass!

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 32
It would appear (from the below line in the press release) that only the top models come with 3D glasses and an emitter? The additional cost is something for consideration when I receive the call with the pre-order pricing, as it would be my first 3D projector.
Quote:
The flagship DLA-X95R and DLA-RS66 are built using hand-selected, hand-tested components and have a 130,000:1 native contrast ratio. For 3D viewing, both models come with two pairs of PK-AG3 RF 3D glasses and a PK-EM2 3D Signal Emitter. Both projectors also have a three-year warranty.

Mark
Old 09-13-2012, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 48
A brief overview and a few videos about the range as it will be released in the UK (just transpose the X35, etc models into your RS equivalents):

http://www.avforums.com/forums/projectors/1678363-hands-exclusive-jvc-launch-dla-x35-x55-x75-x95-d-ila-3d-projectors.html

Zooming: Been there, done that, bought the lens...
Old 09-13-2012, 10:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin1965S View Post

A brief overview and a few videos about the range as it will be released in the UK (just transpose the X35, etc models into your RS equivalents):
http://www.avforums.com/forums/projectors/1678363-hands-exclusive-jvc-launch-dla-x35-x55-x75-x95-d-ila-3d-projectors.html

Very impressive review.
These unit should also hold there calibrations much longer with the new 4000hr, slow decay bulb.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:

Mark,

Yes. We will be carrying the 4810. With an MSRP of only $96 more than the $4999 MSRP of the RS48, the fact that it comes with a spare bulb and a three year instead of a two yeasr ewarranty should bake it a big seller over the RS 48.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiday121 View Post

When should we expect to see pre order pricing

I don't have an answer. I would suggest you place a pre order to establish a place in line and we will call you when we have pricing. getting on the listoes not commit you to anything and we will not take cc info until we have pricing and will not charge until we can ship and even then you have a chance to back out.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:

The new bulb and ps are the big improvements and the 3D is better. Whether this justifies a sell by an existing RS45 owner is another thing. But for new purchasers, it would make a strong candidate in its price class. I think RS45 owners should consider an upgrade to an RS48 or the 4810. Then you get eshift 2 plus a lot more lumens after say 200 hours. If I were an RS45 owner, i would be upgrading to an RS48 or an RS4810. with a Darblet, of course. smile.gif
Old 09-13-2012, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:

Mark,

Quote:

sorry to be so dense, but what projector are your referring to. Unless I am having let's call it a brain warp, the 4810 is an old Infocus projector.

I assume he is referring to the new JVC DLA-RS4810 which it is my understanding is only sold thru custom installers. Basically a RS48 projector, but with an extra year of warranty.

Ron Jones
Blog + Reviews + Articles: projectorreviews.com
Old 09-13-2012, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin1965S View Post

Obviously, the room has to be right to get the full benefits out of the X95R’s dynamic range but the sharpness was also much higher thanks to the better glass being used.

Where is that coming from? The understanding in the past is that even the top model has the same lens as the entry models.

Is this sample variance they are seeing or an unannounced change this year? Mark, did JVC specific details on AV's comments?

This looks pretty cool, more setting controls for MPC.

eshift2.jpg
Old 09-13-2012, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 74
i like the more controls to the MPC settings too biggrin.gif
Old 09-13-2012, 01:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by rboster View Post

Mark or Mike G.: What are your thoughts of this unit vs my current set up with the Planar 8150 + darbee? I don't have anywhere to view the old eshift, much less the newer version to be able to compare the projectors. I know that Kris Deering moved from the Planar 8150 (and DLP world) to last year's JVC.
Any thoughts would be appreciated
Ron

I moved from the 8150 to an RS35, which outperforms any of the newer JVCs I've seen in 2D playback so far. It doesn't do 3D though.

Also, there have been a lot of comments about contrast perceptions at the show. Keep in mind one of the best tricks with contrast at a show is the fact that you're walking in and out of dark rooms from a brightly lit show floor. This biases your eyes considerably and unless you were sitting in that booth for a really long time, your perception of black is going to be considerably skewed. Ever notice how after being in a dark room for about 15-20 minutes you can suddenly see everything? Same thing.

Senior Video Editor
Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity

Click Here To See My Current Setup
Old 09-13-2012, 01:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by blee0120 View Post

i like the more controls to the MPC settings too biggrin.gif
Especially if you can access said commands using the remote!

Geof
Old 09-13-2012, 01:54 PM
QuadMersed in bass!

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Deering View Post

I moved from the 8150 to an RS35, which outperforms any of the newer JVCs I've seen in 2D playback so far. It doesn't do 3D though.
Also, there have been a lot of comments about contrast perceptions at the show. Keep in mind one of the best tricks with contrast at a show is the fact that you're walking in and out of dark rooms from a brightly lit show floor. This biases your eyes considerably and unless you were sitting in that booth for a really long time, your perception of black is going to be considerably skewed. Ever notice how after being in a dark room for about 15-20 minutes you can suddenly see everything? Same thing.

Interesting, Kris. Were you at Cedia this year, and if so, did you see the new JVC's?

Thanks.

Mark
Old 09-13-2012, 01:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Deering View Post

I assumed that the flagship models performed a little better each year. Didn't think they would decline in performance
Old 09-13-2012, 03:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Personally I'm waiting on user reports on the bulb life in the new models. If they really can hit 2000 hours I will be upgrading from my RS40(hopefully JVC will still keep me in new bulbs). I've thought about jumping to another brand(sony in particular), but lets face it, once you go black, you never go back. biggrin.gif

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Snake Plissken

Old 09-13-2012, 04:30 PM
Advanced Member

Kris, can you expand on your comment about the recent JVC projectors not performing as well as the RS35? Is it due to poorer ANSI performance of the later models?

Tags
Jvc , Jvc Dla X35 3d Hd Front Projector , Jvc Dla Rs45 Home Theater Projector 1080p Hdmi , Jvc Dla X30b 3d D Ila Projector , Jvc Dla Rs66 , Jvc Dla Rs46 Projector , Jvc Dla Rs48 D Ila Projector