post #1 of 16 Old 09-06-2012, 07:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 56
I just received this information from SIM2 :

CINEMAQUATTRO 4K DLP Projector:  A statement in Home Cinema Technology

Indianapolis, Indiana, USA—September 2012—SIM2 Multimedia is proud to announce at CEDIA EXPO 2012 our new CINEMAQUATTRO 4K DLP 3-Chip Home Cinema Projector. This powerful new model utilizes technology of Christie®, one of today’s leading display technology providers. Some of the key specifications are: three 4K (4096 x 2160) 1.38” DLP Chipsets, up to 20,000 ANSI Lumens, Triple Flash 3D Technology, SIM2 Exclusive High Contrast and Colorimetry Profiles, a user replaceable Xenon Bubble Lamp, remote monitoring and so much more.    

“When SIM2 decided to embark on the 4K challenge, it was clear that we had to offer a product with performance as close as possible to a true movie theater experience,” stated Maurizio Cini President and CEO of SIM2 Multimedia. “Our collaboration with Christie assures that our Premiere Dealers will have access to the BEST 4K technology available today”.

“Christie is very pleased to be working with a company of SIM2’s caliber,” said Jeff Jaramillo, Senior Director, Product Management at Christie. “Our companies complement each other well and the combination of technical and market experience certainly yield a high performance offering that delivers a stunning 4K option for the CEDIA community.”

The CINEMAQUATTRO 4K 3-Chip Projector is offered to select SIM2 Dealers for Home Cinema Installations and will be available in Q4 2012.

This unit represents one of the two NEW products in the HIGH BRIGHTNESS category that SIM2, the company hailed by world’s most famous Movie Directors as the top performing in projection technology, is unveiling this year at CEDIA Expo.  Look for information about the brand new CINEMAQUATTRO and SIRIO single-chip High Brightness Projectors at our booth #3860.

About Christie
Christie Digital Systems USA, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ushio, Inc., Japan, (JP:6925), is a leader in visual solutions for world-class organizations, offering diverse applications for business, entertainment, and industry. A leading innovator in film projection since 1929 and a pioneer in digital projection systems since 1979, Christie® has established a global reputation as a total service provider and the world's single source manufacturer of a variety of display technologies and solutions. With the acquisition of Vista Controls Systems, Corp., Christie offers the most complete and advanced solutions for cinema, live venues, control rooms, business presentations, training facilities, 3D and Virtual Reality, simulation and education as well as industrial and government environments. For more information, visit www.christiedigital.com.

About SIM2 USA Inc. and SIM2 Multimedia
Since their entrance into the US home theater market in 1999, SIM2 USA, under the guidance of its parent SIM2 Multimedia (established in 1995), has dedicated its resources to marketing and servicing products that meet the demands of the US market. SIM2 Multimedia is a worldwide leading manufacturer of home theater products and leading provider of high-end performance large screen systems (for control rooms, information, communication, and simulation) and professional projection systems for E–cinema applications. Over the years, SIM2 has gained a reputation for meeting the industry’s demands for new, emerging technologies, offering high-quality and reliable products that meet the customer's need in any application. Products are designed and manufactured in Italy. The marketing policies of the company are world-oriented, with a direct presence in Italy (headquarters), the USA, UK, China, Germany (sister companies), and in over 60 countries worldwide through partnerships with qualified distributors.

10108 USA Today Way, Miramar, FL 33025 • (954) 442-2999
www.sim2usa.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 09-06-2012, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Sounds good, but expensive. I wonder what the on/off contrast will be like. Those Christie machines had "up to 2500:1", IIRC. That's not good enough for home cinema, IMHO.
post #3 of 16 Old 09-06-2012, 08:57 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
"SIM2" "TRI-DLP" "4K"

I don't event bother to read the article and try to find the MSRP.
Elix likes this.
post #4 of 16 Old 09-06-2012, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
A projector that puts out 20,000 lumens is by definition NOT a home theater projector, unless your home is The White House.
post #5 of 16 Old 09-06-2012, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Haha, that's quite true, of course. Still, I also read that these DLP chips themselves have a max contrast of 3000:1. So even if coupled with a more home cinema like light system, I still wonder if the quality is good enough. But the info I read is some years old, so maybe TI has improved those DLP chips since then?
post #6 of 16 Old 09-06-2012, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Price is expect to be 160 000 euros in Europe, so I'm guessing that this thread belong to the more then 20 000 dollars projectors section biggrin.gif

http://www.cinetson.org/phpBB3/projecteurs-f2/cinemaquattro-sim2-tri-dlp-cedia-2012-t36217.html
post #7 of 16 Old 09-06-2012, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 24
20k lumens, I could heat my house with that thing. I would have the first home theater in the neighborhood that can be seen from space.

My perpetual home theater build - Omaha Theater #5
post #8 of 16 Old 09-06-2012, 07:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 31

Saw it today at CEDIA.  It was nearly the size of the Vespa scooter that was on display at the SIM2 booth, about 5 feet long.  Clearly, this is not the average home theater projector.

I believe it's based on the Christie D4K25:  http://www.christiedigital.com/SupportDocs/Anonymous/Christie-D4K25-and-35-Brochure.pdf

post #9 of 16 Old 09-08-2012, 05:36 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 44
322 lbs ! Great size for D1 OT.biggrin.gif I do wonder where SIM is going with this. It does show lamp choices getting it down into the 9K lumen area. Without an iris it is probably not going to look very good compared to less expensive units. IMO it's tough to give up one or two parameters to get one or two others. Of course, I didn't go to CEDIA.

What did the picture look like ?

Art

My HT

iRule rules my theater

"If she's amazing she won't be easy,if she's easy she won't be amazing"

Bob Marley

post #10 of 16 Old 09-08-2012, 06:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
They didn't have a demo, they just had the projector sat on a pedestal looking generally huge. A friend of mine runs a cinema and has a fairly new Christie and this is the same size. For most intents and purposes its a cinema projector with Sim2 circuitry/calibration software

post #11 of 16 Old 09-09-2012, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by inky blacks View Post

A projector that puts out 20,000 lumens is by definition NOT a home theater projector, unless your home is The White House.

Come on Wolfgang has two 32K lumens Barco's;-).

At IBC Christie on the other hand launched a series of smaller 3 DLP 4K projectors to cater to smaller scale applications, maximum lampsize offers a mere;-) 25K Lumens, last year's model offers 35K lumens.
post #12 of 16 Old 09-09-2012, 02:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieledmunds View Post

They didn't have a demo, they just had the projector sat on a pedestal looking generally huge. A friend of mine runs a cinema and has a fairly new Christie and this is the same size. For most intents and purposes its a cinema projector with Sim2 circuitry/calibration software

Of course this is a simple rebrand, like Runco did with 2K Christies. Hardware will be the same, software/settings are probably modified to cater to SIM2's HT clientelle's needs. The chips are the same size, so the optical engine and path will be the same size, so the box will be the same size.

Sorry Madshi, the 4K projectors offer a slightly lower on-off contrast than the 2K versions. Something like 2200(+) to one for the 4K DCi DLPs, vs 2600+ to one for the 2K DCi projectors, according to user reports in the 20K+ section of AVS.
post #13 of 16 Old 09-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Advanced Member

I was just repeating what they told me but you are probaby right

post #14 of 16 Old 09-09-2012, 05:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieledmunds View Post

I was just repeating what they told me but you are probaby right

I was just backing you up. BTW, 160K is was up there. And why would one buy a SIM2 and not go straight for a Barco or Christie...
post #15 of 16 Old 09-09-2012, 09:25 PM
Advanced Member

Yes I agree, short of the claim(?) they have the first consumer 3-chip 4K projector, I don't really see what the advantage of this would be. They obviously have their reasons

post #16 of 16 Old 09-09-2012, 10:16 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
If one wants a movie theater in his her house with a screen size of a movie theater, I am sure the Sim2 machine will rival any movie theater and system contrast in a light free non reflective room will approach the theoretical maximum which is the 200 range. I am not talking on off or ANSI here. I am talking total system contrast. Moreover Sim2 will use its own California based team to do the projector install and calibration. The dealer or theater builder would be responsible for prving the necessary electrics and the intake and exhasust duct work. I would caution that if someone wants to say install a 300 ft wide screen, . a high gain screen would be needed. smile.gif
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page