BenQ W7000 lens shift joystick poll - AVS Forum
View Poll Results: After I have "locked" my lens shift knob by tightening it clockwise:
When I apply pressure to the lens shift joystick, there is no play at all, the lens does not move. 0 0%
When I apply pressure to the lens shift joystick, there is a small amount of play (i.e. 5%) before the lens becomes immovable. 2 100.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-17-2012, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Hi all,
So I was having a problem because my lens shift knob on my W7000 would not turn, now I got it to turn however when fully tightened I can still move the joystick about slightly (i.e. 5%) before the lens won't move.

I looked online and projectorcentral I believe in their review stated that when the lens shift is locked on the W7000, the lens still can move a bit. Another post here indicated it did not move at all.

I wanted to see if the small amount of movement I get when the lens shift is locked is the norm, i.e. if some units have this other than mine perhaps like Projector Central's. Basically when I "unlock" the joystick, I have full range of motion of the lens. When I "lock" it, I still can move the lens slightly (say 5% of full range), but after that it is locked. So I wanted to see if some of the units have this or if there is definitely a problem with the lens shift knob on my unit. Although, if the lens does not sink or anything this might be a non-issue.

Vote with your wallet. Don't buy Cinavia-infected Blu-ray Discs! Why pay a premium for pseudo-lossless audio damaged by an intrusive watermark in the audible spectrum?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-17-2012, 07:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 271
I went back and checked this closely tonight. With it fully locked, if I apply some pressure, I can get it to move a bit up and down. It's not going to shift on it's own if I have it locked in that position though...

Do you think it will drift on it's own with your particular situation?
post #3 of 4 Old 09-17-2012, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

I went back and checked this closely tonight. With it fully locked, if I apply some pressure, I can get it to move a bit up and down. It's not going to shift on it's own if I have it locked in that position though...
Do you think it will drift on it's own with your particular situation?

No, it doesnt look like it is drifting so far, and if it does it would only be by 5% or so. I just want to make sure this was normal behavior because something was misaligned with the knob out of the box and I had to force it into the right position. It appears to be working now though so should be okay.

Vote with your wallet. Don't buy Cinavia-infected Blu-ray Discs! Why pay a premium for pseudo-lossless audio damaged by an intrusive watermark in the audible spectrum?
post #4 of 4 Old 09-19-2012, 05:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruined View Post

No, it doesnt look like it is drifting so far, and if it does it would only be by 5% or so. I just want to make sure this was normal behavior because something was misaligned with the knob out of the box and I had to force it into the right position. It appears to be working now though so should be okay.

I checked again with the projector on, it's definitely the same behavior you are seeing. It's locked tight, but there is a little bit of play if I try to move it around. It's never drifted on me.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W7000 Home Projection System
Gear in this thread - W7000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page