Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionyz View Post

And here you go again with your BS that RS4810 is only watchable on a small screen.
I also have no issue with anyone liking whatever brightness they like, including painfully bright image (to my eyes, which to me looks like BB plasma).
But coming here and touting that this projector is only watchable on tiny screen, while there are many of us enjoying it on screen 120"+, is stupid and ridiculous.
So please go on watching your blazing image, if that is what you like.
I have not ever tried to tell you or anyone else to not watch a bright image if that is what you like - it is your personal choice/preference.
Just like mine is a less bright image in 100% light controlled black/dark theater - that is my choice/preference.
And please learn how to read. I was not touting anything, only describing my situation an preference (I stated plainly "to my eyes")
It is you who got all bent out of shape, because my preference did not agree with yours, and started attacking my views/preferences
I have just as much right to share my opinion here as you and anyone else.
And it is by reading all the opinions of all the other members, that allows one to decide for themselves, based on their own preferences, whether it be a super bright image or a less bright image

PLEASE show me one post where I have made the statement "the RS4810 is ONLY watchable on a small screen". rolleyes.gif

What I have said time and time again with you is that brightness is a VERY SUBJECTIVE topic and there is no right or wrong as far as what each individual considers "bright enough" in their room, with their screen and too their eyes.........period! On the contrary, with your disrespectful, degrading BB PLASMA IMAGE LOVER horse $hit label of well respected AVS members who happen to like an image that conforms closer to the SMPTE brightness standard, or.....GASP......even brighter, you are showing your ignorance. Enjoy what you want, but PLEASE spare the stupid labels.

Now having said that, what I have also said to you, and please take your own advice right now and LEARN HOW TO READ AS WE WOULD NOT STILL BE HAVING THIS CONVERSATION, is technically you DO have a dim image as you would be getting low single digit foot lamberts from what you have described as far as how you run your projector/screen and I would be willing to bet most would not be fully happy with the brightness you are getting. NOW once again, that does not mean you can not enjoy it and it does not mean it is subjectively dim as again that will depend on the individual. Is that clear because I don't know how to explain it to you any clearer.

Just an FYI by the way, my image is not what I would consider "blazingly bright". I have what I consider a comfortably bright calibrated image in a black pit room. I know what blazingly bright looks like as that is how I would describe watching 2d with my BenQ 7000 on my screen (with the iris fully open) in comparison to my 45. It is uncomfortable and NO, my 45 is not in that same category with the way I have it calibrated and setup.

Just spare the ridiculous BB plasma label BS Dionyz and of course share your experience as it is just as valuable as any and as you say, you have just as much right as anyone to share your thoughts. When you start throwing around that BB horse $hit though, I do have a problem with that as it is disrespectful to many well respected AVS members who happen to like an image that conforms closer to what most would consider acceptable.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1622 of 1866 Old 10-31-2013, 11:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 567 Post(s)
Liked: 301
Personally speaking, I think high brightness (maybe around 20 to 22 foot lamberts) is just as addicting as high contrast can be. Luckily for most people with modest sized screens, this JVC can give both. smile.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Sale: JVC DLA-RS45 1080p Reference Series 3D Projector - $1849

My Crazy Projector Journey
post #1623 of 1866 Old 11-01-2013, 03:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 74
12-16ftL is no where near plasma brightness in any room. 2-4ftL is unwatchable for 99% of people and no one will even recommend it. Of course its perfectly fine for you to like whatever brightness that's best for you, its just you say the normal recommended brightness it too bright, as if its not normal
post #1624 of 1866 Old 11-01-2013, 05:35 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm just wondering if a few owners could do me a favor and check to see which firmware version is installed on your unit. If you go into the menu under Information it will list the firmware number there. I'm just curious if my unit is up to date. I do have an X55R. I'm not sure if that matters or if both the 4810 and X55R get the same firmware updates.

Thanks smile.gif

post #1625 of 1866 Old 11-01-2013, 07:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post

I'm just wondering if a few owners could do me a favor and check to see which firmware version is installed on your unit. If you go into the menu under Information it will list the firmware number there. I'm just curious if my unit is up to date. I do have an X55R. I'm not sure if that matters or if both the 4810 and X55R get the same firmware updates.

Thanks smile.gif

I thought you sold it? I will check mine later this afernoon and let you know. Mine is an X55R.
post #1626 of 1866 Old 11-01-2013, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked: 291
As flat panels go, generally speaking plasma is dimmer than LED/LCD and OLED. So maybe if you want to really disparage people you should call them LED LOVERS. tongue.gif
post #1627 of 1866 Old 11-02-2013, 10:24 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Just posted these 2 questions over there and if there is any info to be had from it, I will link it here for anyone interested.

pNEg

post #1628 of 1866 Old 11-05-2013, 07:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post

Thanks smile.gif

I have fine tuned my settings to mpc high resolution, 35-20-20 & darbee on green 50. Its a good middle.

Yea, I have been wondering if I have latest firmware patch too. Can someone post the lasted, by the number. Thanks, eh.

Also if anyone knows why, my projector is pulsing/flashing the image. Its really noticeable when using the ps3 (which I use for Netflix & dvds/blurays) but I have seen it a little on directv satellite to. I have everything running threw my stereo (marantz) and not sure if that makes a difference... Its most noticeable on screen with all/mostly white as background.

Is it a bad bulb, hdmi, pas through the receiver, etc. I cant get rid of it... should I use hdmi2 port instead of hdmi1, etc. Its not the darbee/mpc because I tried it off & on and it still does it. Could it be a virus on ps3 (and how do you fix that, its not a computer...).

I would really appreciate a fix on this.

Thanks, eh.

JVC rs4810 (115)
Pioneer Kuro-9gen (50)
Oppo 103d
Marantz sr7001
Klipsch rb81/rc62/rs52
post #1629 of 1866 Old 11-05-2013, 09:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson ------ View Post

I have fine tuned my settings to mpc high resolution, 35-20-20 & darbee on green 50. Its a good middle.

Yea, I have been wondering if I have latest firmware patch too. Can someone post the lasted, by the number. Thanks, eh.

Also if anyone knows why, my projector is pulsing/flashing the image. Its really noticeable when using the ps3 (which I use for Netflix & dvds/blurays) but I have seen it a little on directv satellite to. I have everything running threw my stereo (marantz) and not sure if that makes a difference... Its most noticeable on screen with all/mostly white as background.

Is it a bad bulb, hdmi, pas through the receiver, etc. I cant get rid of it... should I use hdmi2 port instead of hdmi1, etc. Its not the darbee/mpc because I tried it off & on and it still does it. Could it be a virus on ps3 (and how do you fix that, its not a computer...).

Thanks, eh.

I keep mine on Film, 30, 30, 0. I'm not currently using the Darbee. I watched the remastered Se7en Blu-ray tonight. It's a pretty dark movie. I kept thinking to myself these dark scenes really do look best on a JVC.

For reference I bought my unit as a refurb 2 months ago and it has firmware version 29.004 on it. Seeing how it's been back in the hands of JVC recently for refurbishment I'm assuming this is a fairly recent firmware.

post #1630 of 1866 Old 11-05-2013, 10:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Can someone point me in the direction of more affordable alternative 3D glasses? Isn't there a Samsung alternative that works well and is less expensive than the JVC glasses? I can't remember if there is a specific model I should be looking into.
post #1631 of 1866 Old 11-06-2013, 10:52 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone x55 and darbee user tried to simulate the darbee effect with Eshift options?
Do you think that darbee act differently than Eshift 2 and it's options?
post #1632 of 1866 Old 11-06-2013, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnchalt View Post

Has anyone x55 and darbee user tried to simulate the darbee effect with Eshift options?
Do you think that darbee act differently than Eshift 2 and it's options?

Yes, the darbee acts differently than Eshift2. They are completely different things. Not only that, but no one has been able to simulate the darbee's effect with its lack of artifacts.

EDIT: That said, the Darbee looks WAY better when Eshift2 is engages, IMHO!
johnchalt likes this.
post #1633 of 1866 Old 11-06-2013, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post

Yes, it the darbee acts differently than Eshift2. They are completely different things. Not only that, but no one has been able to simulate the darbee's effect with its lack of artifacts.

EDIT: That said, the Darbee looks WAY better when Eshift2 is engages, IMHO!

I can't believe I haven't tried a Darbee yet. I have never heard so much buzz over a relatively inexpensive component.
post #1634 of 1866 Old 11-06-2013, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked: 326
Quote:
I can't believe I haven't tried a Darbee yet. I have never heard so much buzz over a relatively inexpensive component.

I can't believe you haven't either. It's a great little piece of equipment, and the price is right !

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Call me on my direct line - 585-671-2972, 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday
Email me at craig@avscience.com http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SIM2, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, and many more!
post #1635 of 1866 Old 11-06-2013, 09:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson ------ View Post

Thanks, eh.

Im interested...anyone confirm this is a bulb issue? I heard it was and jvc replaced the bulb.

Have a Happy and safe New Year!!!
post #1636 of 1866 Old 11-11-2013, 03:33 PM

I did read somewhere, where some else had the same problem but on different projector, and they told him to put it on high lamp for 30 hrs then go back to low lamp and it fixed it...

Would like to know if there are bad bulbs so I can get a free replacement... Thanks, eh.

JVC rs4810 (115)
Pioneer Kuro-9gen (50)
Oppo 103d
Marantz sr7001
Klipsch rb81/rc62/rs52
post #1637 of 1866 Old 11-18-2013, 04:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardia View Post

Question fellas:

I set my lens memory last night in following order

1- 2:40:1
2- 2:35:1
3- 1:85:1
4- 1:78:1
5- 1:33:1

on the first setting only I used the focus and did not use it for the next 4. As per JVC recommendation

Now when I switch back and forth, I need to refocus. I thought you are only to use focus in your first setting, no?

Yeah , someone else quoted the JVC Manual as well but I didn't see it in mine . Odd ?
Anyway , I've set all three parameters for each Lens Memory and saved it just like you tried .
The Focus is usually ok for each one . I still got "drift" over time for each Setting but I'm trying something new now .
After saving the first Lens position I reset the Lens to default THEN work from there to learn the next position ,etc .
I'm hoping this gives the system a starting point for all the counters to work from .
So far , two weeks without a tweak .

Scott...........smile.gif

"Home Theatre is a Journey , not a Destination "
post #1638 of 1866 Old 11-21-2013, 12:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked: 326
Quote:
I did read somewhere, where some else had the same problem but on different projector, and they told him to put it on high lamp for 30 hrs then go back to low lamp and it fixed it...

Would like to know if there are bad bulbs so I can get a free replacement... Thanks, eh.

Just run your lamp on high for a while - should stop the flickering.
Quote:
So far , two weeks without a tweak .

Sometimes you just need to sit back and enjoy your theater. smile.gif

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Call me on my direct line - 585-671-2972, 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday
Email me at craig@avscience.com http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SIM2, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, and many more!
post #1639 of 1866 Old 11-21-2013, 06:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Has anyone paired a RS4810/X55R with a EluneVision (Reference) screen? Buying the RS4810 kinda broke the bank for me, so I have to go modest with the screen. EluneVision likes to claim they are just as good as a Stewart StudioTek at 1/3rd the cost.
post #1640 of 1866 Old 11-21-2013, 09:36 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Anyone knows a good calibrator in Bay Area?
post #1641 of 1866 Old 11-21-2013, 10:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardia View Post

Anyone knows a good calibrator in Bay Area?

Robert Busch up in Santa Rosa has been doing calibrations for 15+ years now.
post #1642 of 1866 Old 11-22-2013, 05:22 AM

Liked: 14
By any chance, does anyone use the MonsterVision Max 3D glasses with the RS4810? If so, what is you delay settings? I'm struggling to make these glasses work ok for me… keep getting the feeling I'm cross-eyed no matter what I'm setting them at.

"Suddenly the thought struck me, my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin
post #1643 of 1866 Old 11-22-2013, 03:40 PM

Have you changed the polarity
post #1644 of 1866 Old 11-23-2013, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwk2293 View Post

Have you changed the polarity

Yes, multiple times. There's definitely a "better setting" and a "worse setting".

"Suddenly the thought struck me, my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin
post #1645 of 1866 Old 11-24-2013, 08:59 AM

Guys, do I have to get the PK-EM2 3D Transmitter to try out the 3D functionality of RS-46 ?

Also, are there are cheaper 3rd party 3D glasses which work with RS-46 ? ... Preferably something which also works with Optoma HD131Xe, since both can use RF for their 3D ?

EDIT: Sorry, I thought this was the RS-46 hangout ... Google's fault, not mine tongue.gif
post #1646 of 1866 Old 11-24-2013, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked: 395
you can use this kit on both the JVC and the Optoma:

http://www.amazon.com/EStar-America-ESG6100-RF-3D-Starter/dp/B00D39AUCI/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1385312802&sr=1-8&keywords=RF+3D+glasses

glasses are not that cheap though depending on your price range, the replacements are in the $50 range, I don't know of any inexpensive RF glasses that work with this transmitter.
post #1647 of 1866 Old 11-25-2013, 07:59 AM

Hi All,

I Just finished my theater a few weeks ago and am starting to get some use of my 4810 and have noticed on a few occasions when i press the standby button twice on the JVC remote to turn the pj off that it doesn't actually respond to the power off. If i try and power off from the back of the unit it also does not respond and i have to actually pull the power on the pj for it to power down. Has anyone else seen this and know a good way to resolve this or should i call JVC Support? Unfortunate part is that i am not sure how to repro this as its not a frequent event nor have i spent a lot of time in my basement either.

Thanks,
Brandon

Thanks,
Brandon Linton
Mini Penn Cinema HT Build 1.0
post #1648 of 1866 Old 11-25-2013, 05:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Got my RS4810 today for a price that seemed too good to be true. Well it might be as it unfortunately seems defective. Cyan blue lines ran down the screen for the first 5 minutes, then went away so I thought it was a warm up issue. Then they returned after an hour and haven't gone away.

Examples:

I got the full 3 year warranty, so it's nothing to worry about, just puts a damper on my holiday weekend. mad.gif
post #1649 of 1866 Old 11-25-2013, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric.exe View Post

Has anyone paired a RS4810/X55R with a EluneVision (Reference) screen? Buying the RS4810 kinda broke the bank for me, so I have to go modest with the screen. EluneVision likes to claim they are just as good as a Stewart StudioTek at 1/3rd the cost.

I am about to pull the trigger on an X75, and I watched the X55 playing on this exact screen. Being in Canada, the manufacturer is about an hour away so that's where I was. He has that screen running on the X55, and has samples of pretty much all the big name other screens, we laid them all out and I'll be honest. It looked better than anything else put up against it. As a reference I was sitting 13 FT back. He also pulled in their AT screen as that's that I want and set it up over half the screen. I was VERY impressed. VERY little loss there even. Build quality was solid as well.
post #1650 of 1866 Old 11-30-2013, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadka View Post

Guys, do I have to get the PK-EM2 3D Transmitter to try out the 3D functionality of RS-46 ?

Also, are there are cheaper 3rd party 3D glasses which work with RS-46 ? ... Preferably something which also works with Optoma HD131Xe, since both can use RF for their 3D ?

EDIT: Sorry, I thought this was the RS-46 hangout ... Google's fault, not mine tongue.gif

Samsung SSG-5100GB 3D Active Glasses work just fine with this projector/emitter. You can get them for less then $20 on Amazon.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , Jvc America , Jvc Dla Rs4810 3d Home Theater Projector
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page