Offical JVC DLA-RS4810 Owners Thread - Page 63 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #1861 of 1866 Unread 11-21-2014, 04:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 448
Correct, there was never a firmware update for this projector. HDMI 1 is fine on my RS4810, but I only using 1080p. However, the handshake can be tricky if I don't follow a certain order as I always turn on the projector, then AVR, then Blu-ray player.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1862 of 1866 Unread 11-21-2014, 05:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHir View Post
Correct, there was never a firmware update for this projector. HDMI 1 is fine on my RS4810, but I only using 1080p. However, the handshake can be tricky if I don't follow a certain order as I always turn on the projector, then AVR, then Blu-ray player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJ View Post
Beats me.

I had a similar HDMI issue. HDMI2 worked better. Since I only needed one input, I just used HDMI2 for everything.
What? So this HDMI1 issue is a common problem? Thats a bummer. Well at least I have a 4 year Best Buy warranty. If this isnt addressed via firmware by then, I will have to take it in for warranty repairs.

I actually use both of my HDMI's because my AVR doesnt pass 3D(AVR347). My Blu ray player has 2 outputs(Panasonic BDT500). I havent upgraded my AVR because the new HKs have lost a lot of weight and power.
post #1863 of 1866 Unread 11-21-2014, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by tqlla View Post
What? So this HDMI1 issue is a common problem? Thats a bummer. Well at least I have a 4 year Best Buy warranty. If this isnt addressed via firmware by then, I will have to take it in for warranty repairs.
There's essentially zero chance of a firmware update for this model. You're going to work around the problem for 4 years and only then try to fix it?

I don't know if HDMI1 is a "common" problem. HDMI issues are common for all projectors because of the long cable runs typically required. I know I tried three different 50' cables to find the one that worked best for my setup. HDMI1 was usable with some of those cables but HDMI2 always worked better.

How long is your cable run? Have you tried a Redmere cable from Monoprice? That's what I settled on and they are very popular for longer HDMI cables.
post #1864 of 1866 Unread 11-21-2014, 06:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJ View Post
There's essentially zero chance of a firmware update for this model. You're going to work around the problem for 4 years and only then try to fix it?

I don't know if HDMI1 is a "common" problem. HDMI issues are common for all projectors because of the long cable runs typically required. I know I tried three different 50' cables to find the one that worked best for my setup. HDMI1 was usable with some of those cables but HDMI2 always worked better.

How long is your cable run? Have you tried a Redmere cable from Monoprice? That's what I settled on and they are very popular for longer HDMI cables.
I am running 2 cables, 1 Monster 1000 25ft cable(Goes from the AVR directly to the Projector), and a Monster 1000 16ft cable(That terminates at the wall).

I am having a problem with my AVR run, which uses 720P for its menu, and my FIOS box uses 720P/1080i. Its possible that the cable got damaged when I was putting the drywall up. The picture becomes split on JVC-HDMI1, but if I take the cable right out of JVC-HDMI1 and plug it into JVC-HDMI2.. it works fine. The exact same cable and components work fine on JVC-HDMI2, but not on JVC-HDMI1

I know people hate monster and all, but the inwall Monoprice cable had a terrible jacket and puts a lot of stress on an HDMI port. Plus I dont mind spending, when its a product going in the wall.
post #1865 of 1866 Unread 11-24-2014, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

It looks like the HDMI1 port is slightly looser fitting than the HDMI2 port. using a coupler and a newer HDMI cable(with clips on both sides) fixes the issue.
ScottJ likes this.
post #1866 of 1866 Unread 11-24-2014, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Glad you figured it out.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , Jvc America , Jvc Dla Rs4810 3d Home Theater Projector
Gear in this thread