Offical JVC DLA-RS4810 Owners Thread - Page 65 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #1921 of 1925 Old Yesterday, 03:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 13
re RS-4810 ...

Hello all ,

In the spirit of sharing , and a ways to say thanks for all the info I glean from this Forum , I have a "gotcha" to share in case anyone else is having a similar issue .
I recently was noticing that my Lens Memories were not always sending the Image exactly where I had taught it . Each one required a bit of fine tweaking each and every time .
One day when I got real close to the Screen I noticed that the left side was flaring out a tad taller than the right . I thought it was a simple squareness to the screen issue but all the adjusting in the world would not make it go away . So I decided to start from scratch . Reset the Lens Memories to default . Dropped in a Test Disk that put up an image with a cross-hair in the center . Dropped a plumb-bob at the center of the screen and also at the center of the room in front of the lens .

Guess what ? The default position of the Horizontal Lens shift is not in the center of the throw ! It was two feet to the right . By using two strings on the center line of the room I get two shadows of the lines on the Screen . I moved the front of the PJ so the line was in the middle of the Lens and then moved the rear of the PJ so the shadow of the two strings overlaid on the Screen . Then I used the Lens Shift to move the image to the left so the projected cross-hair was lined up on the string shadow . At this point I didn't touch the Horizontal Shift again . I retaught all Lens Memories for Zoom and Vertical Shift and Focus and now all the Lens Memories go to the exact position each and every time .

And , I have a perfect distortion free image . No left or right tapering . I'm very happy with the results and quite confused as to why this only became noticable recently . I think I may have been tweaking and saving each position constantly until the end result finally became obviously bad . So glad I was able to set this up correctly . Of course , it does mean that my particular PJ doesn't reset the Lens Memory correctly as it should go to the middle of its traverse for both Vertical and Horizontal I would think . Number one rule...trust nothing

Hope this may be of help to anyone who is having a similar issue .

Cheers,

Scott....................

"Home Theatre is a Journey , not a Destination "
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1922 of 1925 Old Yesterday, 04:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 623 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_R_K View Post
Hello all ,

In the spirit of sharing , and a ways to say thanks for all the info I glean from this Forum , I have a "gotcha" to share in case anyone else is having a similar issue .
I recently was noticing that my Lens Memories were not always sending the Image exactly where I had taught it . Each one required a bit of fine tweaking each and every time .
One day when I got real close to the Screen I noticed that the left side was flaring out a tad taller than the right . I thought it was a simple squareness to the screen issue but all the adjusting in the world would not make it go away . So I decided to start from scratch . Reset the Lens Memories to default . Dropped in a Test Disk that put up an image with a cross-hair in the center . Dropped a plumb-bob at the center of the screen and also at the center of the room in front of the lens .

Guess what ? The default position of the Horizontal Lens shift is not in the center of the throw ! It was two feet to the right . By using two strings on the center line of the room I get two shadows of the lines on the Screen . I moved the front of the PJ so the line was in the middle of the Lens and then moved the rear of the PJ so the shadow of the two strings overlaid on the Screen . Then I used the Lens Shift to move the image to the left so the projected cross-hair was lined up on the string shadow . At this point I didn't touch the Horizontal Shift again . I retaught all Lens Memories for Zoom and Vertical Shift and Focus and now all the Lens Memories go to the exact position each and every time .

And , I have a perfect distortion free image . No left or right tapering . I'm very happy with the results and quite confused as to why this only became noticable recently . I think I may have been tweaking and saving each position constantly until the end result finally became obviously bad . So glad I was able to set this up correctly . Of course , it does mean that my particular PJ doesn't reset the Lens Memory correctly as it should go to the middle of its traverse for both Vertical and Horizontal I would think . Number one rule...trust nothing

Hope this may be of help to anyone who is having a similar issue .

Cheers,

Scott....................
Thanks, and I am having the exact same issue.
post #1923 of 1925 Old Today, 07:32 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Outstanding contribution. Just wanted to add, when setting the second plumb bob closest to lens, one might consider using triangulation from the screen edges with equal length diagonals, just in case the room walls aren't exactly perpendicular.

Are Eleven Channels Really Enough?

post #1924 of 1925 Old Today, 04:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
Outstanding contribution. Just wanted to add, when setting the second plumb bob closest to lens, one might consider using triangulation from the screen edges with equal length diagonals, just in case the room walls aren't exactly perpendicular.
That too is a good idea . I thought of that but I was on my own and didn't have a way to anchor the other end of the tape measure .

Scott..........................

"Home Theatre is a Journey , not a Destination "
post #1925 of 1925 Old Today, 05:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 623 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Or get a laser measurer as I did. I just checked my front two speakers distance from my chin to the dead center of the tweeter. They were off by 1 inch. Now they are not. Lol

Would have to figure out exactly how to be accurate. But would be a lot easier than any tape measure. Strings would work but to much trial and error ,I would think. With this you measure and you know the adjustments that need to be made.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , Jvc America , Jvc Dla Rs4810 3d Home Theater Projector
Gear in this thread