Offical JVC DLA-RS4810 Owners Thread - Page 71 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 24Likes

post #2101 of 2102 Old 05-23-2017, 03:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonFo View Post
I think I'll leave the bulb in for a few more hundred hours with no concerns. Well, other than the 'Lamp replacement' nag that started showing up every time I power up.
Well, not quite, the lamp started to develop a 'flicker' after being powered on for 30 minutes. Going to full bright made that go away, but clearly the bulb was going. So at 3083hrs, I replaced with the spare.
Boy, new one is sure bright! had to re-close the iris and adjust settings. Looks good now.

I hope this bulb lets me ride out the wait until an under $10K laser model comes out (or hit the jackpot and can afford the RS4500K).

Jonathan

My System
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2102 of 2102 Old 07-22-2017, 07:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
My projector had less than 500 hours on it (I rest the lamp, so don't know exactly) when it started flickering. I received a spare bulb when I bought it, so I went ahead and changed it out. The flicker went away (I think), but now is back after being on for about 20 minutes. If I turn motion control off, the flicker is far worse. Is this the lamp, do I need to run it with some bright or high temperature settings, or does it need servicing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , Jvc America , Jvc Dla Rs4810 3d Home Theater Projector

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page