Offical JVC DLA-RS4810 Owners Thread - Page 9 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #241 of 1881 Old 12-01-2012, 10:06 AM
Member
 
guido310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Thanks, i forgot to add that info

My screen is only 203 cm large and i watch it very colse, 2.5-3.0 mt...i have a unique player, an HTPC, to play Blu ray (few DVDs) and Sat television, so upscaling is already made in the PC

I Have Calman5 and Xrite colrmunki, so is it possible to calibrate Rs48 CMS directly without radiance???

Thanks
guido310 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #242 of 1881 Old 12-01-2012, 10:20 AM
Advanced Member
 
Gig103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 765
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jones View Post

The current generation JVC chassis, which was introduced two years ago, has different mounting points than earlier JVC models.

I understand that the Chief SLB-281 interface bracket is needed to go with my RPA-U mount. But I see online that an "RPA-281" is not much more than the interface bracket. Has anyone on here used the RPA-281 and can you tell me how it differs?
Gig103 is offline  
post #243 of 1881 Old 12-01-2012, 11:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
mark haflich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: brookeville, maryland, usa
Posts: 20,994
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1086 Post(s)
Liked: 769
Its rather simple. The RPA is the mount and the SLB281 is the plate that attaches to the projector. Take your RPA, through out the universale arms and substitute the 281 plate. You have an exact RPA281. Unfortunately the plate costs anout 2/3 the discount online price for a complete RPA281. The best deal is to buy a new RPA281 for $149 and sell your RPAUNV to someone for say $100 which would be a good deal both wise. Many need a UNV because plates don't exist for many projectors out there.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
call me at: 240 876 2536
mark haflich is online now  
post #244 of 1881 Old 12-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Advanced Member
 
Gig103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 765
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post

Its rather simple. The RPA is the mount and the SLB281 is the plate that attaches to the projector. Take your RPA, through out the universale arms and substitute the 281 plate. You have an exact RPA281. Unfortunately the plate costs anout 2/3 the discount online price for a complete RPA281. The best deal is to buy a new RPA281 for $149 and sell your RPAUNV to someone for say $100 which would be a good deal both wise. Many need a UNV because plates don't exist for many projectors out there.

That's what I was hoping I could do but wasn't sure if the RPA281 had everything I needed. Thanks!
Gig103 is offline  
post #245 of 1881 Old 12-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Member
 
R10KYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

Hi, you can buy the IR version of the JVC 3D transmitter. This will work with these universal glasses from Xpand. There is a medium size pair for kids 8-14 and a smaller pair for younger kids.
Xpand Medium X104 (click the link)

Xpand Small X104 (click the link)

The XpanD X104s will also work with the JVC RF emitter (with the RF dongles for the glasses).
R10KYJ is offline  
post #246 of 1881 Old 12-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Member
 
R10KYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichter1 View Post

Oh no... this years models have the same undersaturated issue (we're being told the new models will have one or more CP's that will allow a good calibration).

I am not seeing it on the X55 at the moment. They are still struggling with Cyan and Green (like last year). The closest ones are Stage, Anime, and 3D. Anime mode.pdf 1066k .pdf file
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Anime mode.pdf (1.04 MB, 63 views)
R10KYJ is offline  
post #247 of 1881 Old 12-01-2012, 05:10 PM
Member
 
mouradb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido310 View Post

Thanks, i forgot to add that info
My screen is only 203 cm large and i watch it very colse, 2.5-3.0 mt...i have a unique player, an HTPC, to play Blu ray (few DVDs) and Sat television, so upscaling is already made in the PC
I Have Calman5 and Xrite colrmunki, so is it possible to calibrate Rs48 CMS directly without radiance???
Thanks
Yes you could calibrate the new RS48 by itself but not the 3D LUT calibration that Lumagen added lately (make a tremendous difference)
mouradb is offline  
post #248 of 1881 Old 12-01-2012, 05:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
xb1032's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 5,343
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by R10KYJ View Post

The XpanD X104s will also work with the JVC RF emitter (with the RF dongles for the glasses).

Thanks for posting this. If I decide on the JVC then I may consider purchasing the RF emitter and dongles. Looks like they are $20 each maybe there's a little better price out there as I'll need to purchase 6 of them. It looks like they would stick out 1.25" from the USB connection and while they look off hopefully they won't get in the way or get broken easily.
xb1032 is offline  
post #249 of 1881 Old 12-01-2012, 06:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,298
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 754 Post(s)
Liked: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by xb1032 View Post


Thanks for posting this. If I decide on the JVC then I may consider purchasing the RF emitter and dongles. Looks like they are $20 each maybe there's a little better price out there as I'll need to purchase 6 of them. It looks like they would stick out 1.25" from the USB connection and while they look off hopefully they won't get in the way or get broken easily.

that's my fear with those RF dongles, they look small and easy to fall off, especially the kids glasses. With the 3 pin splitter cable I made, I'll probably run the RF and the IR at the same time for comparing the different glasses.

The JVC IR emitter is one of the stronger emitter's I've tested, it's hard to lose the sync.
zombie10k is online now  
post #250 of 1881 Old 12-01-2012, 06:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
krichter1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Chicagoland (Naperville)
Posts: 2,663
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by R10KYJ View Post

The XpanD X104s will also work with the JVC RF emitter (with the RF dongles for the glasses).

This would be great news indeed. Where did you verify this from?

Also to further the point from Jason... The blue (large) model is very large and can comfortably accommodate glasses wearers and IMO virtually indistinguishable from the JVC's usb model. The whites (deemed medium), also fit an adult female quite comfortably (per my wife!). wink.gif

Kevin

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


==> The Richter Family 3D Theater  
krichter1 is offline  
post #251 of 1881 Old 12-02-2012, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
krichter1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Chicagoland (Naperville)
Posts: 2,663
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Let's not go off the cliff yet. I'd still like to hear the guys reply on STD CP (and no offense to him... from some vets on this forum I trust). If you were planning on spending 5K for a x55 I've also go some land I wanna dump if you're interested! tongue.gifwink.gif

Let's just chill and wait for Jason's results as well which shouldn't be too much longer at this point.

Manni - So you get good results from the 125pt cal? I know Geof had issues with it last month but it could be because you use CMan whereas we use CPure.

Kevin

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


==> The Richter Family 3D Theater  
krichter1 is offline  
post #252 of 1881 Old 12-02-2012, 10:26 AM
Senior Member
 
timatraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Berwyn. Pa
Posts: 283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,
Tim here- I'm on the 4810 preoreder list.
I live in Phiily area (near Valley Forge).
Anybody know of a dealer that I can visit to see a JVC (any JVC) projector in action?
There isnt a JVC dealer in Pa whenI search for a retailer on the JVC website.
How can that be?
timatraw is offline  
post #253 of 1881 Old 12-02-2012, 10:57 AM
Member
 
guido310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 19
First units have been shipped in Italy..
Here's some screen shot from a friend displaying eshift ON/OFF...
RS48 Out of the box with no calibration, Eshift +50 (default), darbee +30 both
BD Player CAMBRIDGE BD751
Screen: ADEO PLANO CURVE 21/9 300 cm large reference white gain 1.0

ON





OFF




needs some adjustments but works great!

http://imageshack.us/a/img22/2952/pict0043jpeg.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img805/6605/pict0044jpg.jpg
guido310 is offline  
post #254 of 1881 Old 12-02-2012, 11:00 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,836
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 614 Post(s)
Liked: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido310 View Post

First units have been shipped in Italy..
Here's some screen shot from a friend displaying eshift ON/OFF...
RS48 Out of the box with no calibration, Eshift +50 (default), darbee +30 both
ON

OFF

needs some adjustments but works great!

Any pics of JUST eshift2? Hard to know what the Darbee is doing and what eshift is doing. confused.gif That looks like the impact I get on my 45 going from Darbee on/off.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
post #255 of 1881 Old 12-02-2012, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Kelvin1965S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Berkshire, UK
Posts: 3,420
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Chromapure autocal took about the same time when I did my TV, I haven't bothered doing my projector as it's going soon and likely to be replaced with an X55: I saw Ricky's demo one earlier tonight and was impressed with the Eshift from very close to the screen (when the pixels disappear) and also back in the viewing seat when the image looked nicely sharper. I wasn't aware of the issues regarding the colour gamut as I've been away all weekend and only just had chance to see this thread, so need to digest what this means. I was under the impression there was a wider native gamut like my HD350 has. I don't want to have to start using JVC's CMS instead of my Lumagen.

Zooming: Been there, done that, bought the lens...now using e-shift.
Kelvin1965S is online now  
post #256 of 1881 Old 12-02-2012, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Kelvin1965S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Berkshire, UK
Posts: 3,420
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Don't expect a quick answer from Ricky as I know he's spent all day doing demos and probably isn't even back home yet. smile.gif

I wouldn't want to be losing too much brightness during the calibration as part of my rational for upgrading from the HD350 is to get higher native brightness and contrast, so I can close down the iris to eek the most out of the new projector. In real world terms I would be hoping to go from maybe 20,000:1 on/off to double that as I'm in a very long throw setup. The (cheaper) Sony isn't really an option for me as I prefer to be able to control the peak white and I could be selling my A-lens to go back to zooming partly due to the Eshift and also the lens memory of the JVC X55.

Zooming: Been there, done that, bought the lens...now using e-shift.
Kelvin1965S is online now  
post #257 of 1881 Old 12-02-2012, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
RonF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Sunny SoCal
Posts: 1,682
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin1965S View Post

Don't expect a quick answer from Ricky as I know he's spent all day doing demos and probably isn't even back home yet. smile.gif
I wouldn't want to be losing too much brightness during the calibration as part of my rational for upgrading from the HD350 is to get higher native brightness and contrast, so I can close down the iris to eek the most out of the new projector. In real world terms I would be hoping to go from maybe 20,000:1 on/off to double that as I'm in a very long throw setup. The (cheaper) Sony isn't really an option for me as I prefer to be able to control the peak white and I could be selling my A-lens to go back to zooming partly due to the Eshift and also the lens memory of the JVC X55.

Hold on now you're not thinking this through completely and all the ramifications. That would require you to change your sig......... wink.gif
RonF is offline  
post #258 of 1881 Old 12-02-2012, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Manni01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,028
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 588 Post(s)
Liked: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin1965S View Post

I wouldn't want to be losing too much brightness during the calibration as part of my rational for upgrading from the HD350 is to get higher native brightness and contrast, so I can close down the iris to eek the most out of the new projector. In real world terms I would be hoping to go from maybe 20,000:1 on/off to double that as I'm in a very long throw setup. The (cheaper) Sony isn't really an option for me as I prefer to be able to control the peak white and I could be selling my A-lens to go back to zooming partly due to the Eshift and also the lens memory of the JVC X55.

Your expectations are reasonable if you're at long throw, as long as you have enough brightness to light up your screen. Can you close the iris down fully on the HD315?
I'm mid throw with the rs45, and with a new lamp I can close down the iris to -15 and get 40000:1 and around 17fL if I aim to resolve 235, and 35000:1 and 15.5fL if I aim to resolve up to 255 (after full 125 points 3D Cube LUT, so D65/Rec709).
My screen is a carada BW (real gain 1.1) 88" diag 16/9, throw 3.4m.
The rs48 is a bit less bright than the rs45 (1200 vs 1300 as per the specs) but has the same on/off, which suggests it might have a lower black floor.
We'll soon find out...
Manni01 is online now  
post #259 of 1881 Old 12-02-2012, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Kelvin1965S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Berkshire, UK
Posts: 3,420
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonF View Post

Hold on now you're not thinking this through completely and all the ramifications. That would require you to change your sig......... wink.gif

Yes, I had realised this, especially after I posted a thread in the 2.35:1 section to see how others though about the idea. I'll have to come up with something else I guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni01 View Post

Your expectations are reasonable if you're at long throw, as long as you have enough brightness to light up your screen. Can you close the iris down fully on the HD315?
I'm mid throw with the rs45, and with a new lamp I can close down the iris to -15 and get 40000:1 and around 17fL if I aim to resolve 235, and 35000:1 and 15.5fL if I aim to resolve up to 255 (after full 125 points 3D Cube LUT, so D65/Rec709).
My screen is a carada BW (real gain 1.1) 88" diag 16/9, throw 3.4m.
The rs48 is a bit less bright than the rs45 (1200 vs 1300 as per the specs) but has the same on/off, which suggests it might have a lower black floor.
We'll soon find out...

I can't close the iris down on my HD350 now it's just over half way open right now, but the lamp I'm using has about 500 hours on it. I'm currently resolving up to 240 as a compromise. Of course I'll have to zoom to x1.33 for 2.35:1 content if I sell my lens so that will have some effect. I did see the X55 at max zoom earlier today and the contrast still looked good to me (at half iris but on a big screen with no gain). I was just picking the x2 contrast as it should be an increase that would be noticeable over what I have now.

Zooming: Been there, done that, bought the lens...now using e-shift.
Kelvin1965S is online now  
post #260 of 1881 Old 12-02-2012, 02:54 PM
Member
 
R10KYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof View Post

Are you saying that every color mode or profile is smaller than Rec 709? How do the other colorspaces compare to the Anime mode you posted?

Sorry, long day today. I have attached a few more graphs. I can't find my user, standard one, but I am sure I did that. Cinema Mode.pdf 1061k .pdf file Film Mode.pdf 1072k .pdf file Film Mode, standard profile.pdf 1065k .pdf file Natural.pdf 1063k .pdf file stage.pdf 1065k .pdf file User1, anime profile.pdf 1066k .pdf file
Attached Files
File Type: pdf User1, anime profile.pdf (1.04 MB, 69 views)
R10KYJ is offline  
post #261 of 1881 Old 12-02-2012, 02:57 PM
Member
 
R10KYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichter1 View Post

This would be great news indeed. Where did you verify this from?
Also to further the point from Jason... The blue (large) model is very large and can comfortably accommodate glasses wearers and IMO virtually indistinguishable from the JVC's usb model. The whites (deemed medium), also fit an adult female quite comfortably (per my wife!). wink.gif

I have personally verified it on the JVC X55 with the xpand X104.wink.gif
R10KYJ is offline  
post #262 of 1881 Old 12-02-2012, 03:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Manni01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,028
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 588 Post(s)
Liked: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by R10KYJ View Post

Sorry, long day today. I have attached a few more graphs. I can't find my user, standard one, but I am sure I did that. Cinema Mode.pdf 1061k .pdf file Film Mode.pdf 1072k .pdf file Film Mode, standard profile.pdf 1065k .pdf file Natural.pdf 1063k .pdf file stage.pdf 1065k .pdf file User1, anime profile.pdf 1066k .pdf file

Thanks Ricky. Best one would probably be cinema, but it would be nice if you could find user, standard...

Cine4home posted a gamut for the x55 that looked more promising, so as usual there is some unit to unit variation: http://www.cine4home.de/tests/projektoren/JVC_X-Serie_2012/JVC_DILA_2012.htm
Manni01 is online now  
post #263 of 1881 Old 12-02-2012, 03:28 PM
Member
 
R10KYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni01 View Post

Thanks Ricky. Best one would probably be cinema, but it would be nice if you could find user, standard...
Cine4home posted a gamut for the x55 that looked more promising, so as usual there is some unit to unit variation: http://www.cine4home.de/tests/projektoren/JVC_X-Serie_2012/JVC_DILA_2012.htm
Off to get some sleep now, but will rerun that report tomorrow. Need anything else tested?
R10KYJ is offline  
post #264 of 1881 Old 12-02-2012, 04:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
krichter1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Chicagoland (Naperville)
Posts: 2,663
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by R10KYJ View Post

I have personally verified it on the JVC X55 with the xpand X104.wink.gif

That's good enough for me... thanks! wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

that's my fear with those RF dongles, they look small and easy to fall off, especially the kids glasses. With the 3 pin splitter cable I made, I'll probably run the RF and the IR at the same time for comparing the different glasses.
The JVC IR emitter is one of the stronger emitter's I've tested, it's hard to lose the sync.

I see what you mean when charging using the usb-mini connector on the end of the right ear stem. Lest we not forget the "fix all" benefits of duct tape (now in black!). wink.gif

Here's what it look like...but now where to get 'em... rolleyes.gif





Kevin

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


==> The Richter Family 3D Theater  
krichter1 is offline  
post #265 of 1881 Old 12-02-2012, 04:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rwestley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,803
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Xpand is selling them at $39 which seems like a high price for the dongle. I would wait to see how the MV and other lower priced glasses work.
rwestley is offline  
post #266 of 1881 Old 12-02-2012, 04:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
xb1032's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 5,343
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
There are some pics on Cnet.com (http://reviews.cnet.com/2300-7855_7-10012381-7.html) of the Xpand X104 dongle and there's a note that says optional RF dongle ($20). That would be a better price. The Xpand X104 glasses don't seem overly sturdy and the glasses are semi-tight to begin with so there's definitely a concern how well these dongles will hold up. I've never lost sync with my JVC IR emitter on my RS45 except when the emitter in the back of the room was angled somewhat away from my screen. I may have moved it or it may have slowly strayed that way from vibrations from a nearby sub.
xb1032 is offline  
post #267 of 1881 Old 12-02-2012, 08:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
krichter1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Chicagoland (Naperville)
Posts: 2,663
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Yeah... $20 would work (but $40 per...no way! eek.gif). Guess it all depends for me if the new JVC glasses offer any benefit over the X104's. If not then the only benefit is the IR flooding in the room and now that I control the theater with an iPad thru WiFi (iRule), that's no longer an issue for me. To your point... the JVC IR emitter has been solid. smile.gif

Kevin

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


==> The Richter Family 3D Theater  
krichter1 is offline  
post #268 of 1881 Old 12-03-2012, 05:14 AM
Member
 
guido310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

Any pics of JUST eshift2? Hard to know what the Darbee is doing and what eshift is doing. confused.gif That looks like the impact I get on my 45 going from Darbee on/off.

Here you are the same pictures without Darbee, as before JVC RS48 Out Of The Box without any adjustment

ON

http://imageshack.us/a/img585/7734/pict0003jpeg.jpg


OFF

http://imageshack.us/a/img705/5415/pict0002jpeg.jpg

The owner, witch previously had JVC RS45, says that with Eshift 2 OFF the picture is less detailed than his former 45 and newer 46, in the same conditions...how this could be possible?
guido310 is offline  
post #269 of 1881 Old 12-03-2012, 06:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Geof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Eden NY
Posts: 6,032
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by R10KYJ View Post

Sorry, long day today. I have attached a few more graphs. I can't find my user, standard one, but I am sure I did that. Cinema Mode.pdf 1061k .pdf file Film Mode.pdf 1072k .pdf file Film Mode, standard profile.pdf 1065k .pdf file Natural.pdf 1063k .pdf file stage.pdf 1065k .pdf file User1, anime profile.pdf 1066k .pdf file
Thank you much for posting these!!

Geof
Geof is offline  
post #270 of 1881 Old 12-03-2012, 06:13 AM
Member
 
KGratz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: PA
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This looks absolutely stunning! I am upgrading to the RS4810 from a G-20. I guess I should expect quite a difference. The only concern I have is brightness. The G-20 is rated at 2000 lumens, the 4810 is 1200. Hoping that the increased dynamic range will compensate for that difference. I'm using a DaLite AudioVision microperf 120" screen.
I have also chosen to go IR since I have a 16 seat theater (for obvious price reasons.) I've ordered 4 of the Xpand X103 glasses as they are currently selling for $34.95. Has anyone had experience using these?
KGratz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , Jvc America , Jvc Dla Rs4810 3d Home Theater Projector
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off