Panasonic PT AE 7000 Unit - DO NOT BUY - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-01-2012, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Tech support for this panasonic unit has been absolutely horrible, they wont provide an update and I have been without the unit for over 2 weeks. It broke after 7 months. If you have an issue, good luck. There is no way to get information and once you reach a live person they are useless!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-01-2012, 05:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Keep us posted...I have owned two Pannys (700 and 3000). Reliability has been less than stellar but better than 7 months. Have been wondering if I should risk the 8000 or jump to something else.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-01-2012, 10:19 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlrob View Post

Tech support for this panasonic unit has been absolutely horrible, they wont provide an update and I have been without the unit for over 2 weeks. It broke after 7 months. If you have an issue, good luck. There is no way to get information and once you reach a live person they are useless!

I know what you mean, i was without my AE7000u for almost 3 weeks. I would call and send emails almost daily just looking to see when they were going to finally look at the projector. I got excuses and reps stating they had received such a large amount of returns that they didn't know when they would get to my projector. When I finally sent an email stating I wanted them to either send my projector back to me or elevate the workorder priority I finally got a phone call stating the projector was being sent back with a bulb replacement.

They could have sent me the bulb if they knew that's all I needed. I told them ahead of time I had the flickering issue. But anyway, I think I'm going to get rid of mine and go with either the Panasonic PT-AE8000u (if all the issues have been resolved) or get an Epson 5020e when that comes out with a Lumagen Mini 3D processor.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Replacement Lamp For Pt Ae7000u
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page