Official Owners' Thread, Panasonic PT-AE8000U (US version) PT-AT6000E (European version) - Page 103 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3061 of 3552 Old 03-12-2014, 06:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by NapsterNZ View Post

So after 200 hours on my ae8000 it has managed to attract a dust blob. On the screen its the size of a tennis ball and is blue.

Not sure what i should do, Going to call Panasonic and see if they are willing to help.
I still don't understand how dust gets into the optical block if Pana say its sealed.

Might take some photo's and post them up later.

Any others with this issue?

I had the same problem. Put it in the car to take it to the panasonic repairer and when I got there it was gone. The repairer reckons the movement in the car probably shook the dust spot of. he still gave it a clean though.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3062 of 3552 Old 03-12-2014, 06:13 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYColumbia View Post

Does it still look that way when you turn off DI (assuming it's on)?
Dynamic Iris? It is set to off. Turning it on doesn't seem to make a difference.
post #3063 of 3552 Old 03-12-2014, 06:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazbee View Post

I had the same problem. out it the car to take it to the panasonic repairer and when I got there it was gone. The repairer reckons the movement in the car probably shook the dust spot of. he syill gave it a clean though.

True, i was going to take my projector down and just flip it over and see if i can get it to fall off. Its currently on a ceiling mount so will see how that goes. If not then off to the repair center.

I had a look into the lens and can see many dust spots in the optical block so this concerns me and may just have it serviced just in case.
post #3064 of 3552 Old 03-12-2014, 06:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunslingerBara View Post

Recently started having an issue with my projector. It seems to be flickering when the picture is mostly white.

I had this problem on my AE3000 and used Normal Mode for 20 hours or so and then went back to Econ Mode and the flicker was no more...not seen it yet on the 8000.
post #3065 of 3552 Old 03-12-2014, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laugsbach View Post

I had this problem on my AE3000 and used Normal Mode for 20 hours or so and then went back to Econ Mode and the flicker was no more...not seen it yet on the 8000.
Setting it to Normal mode seems to have stopped the flickering. Strange because I tried that earlier today and it still flickered on Normal mode. Guess I'll keep it on here for a week then change it back to Eco to see if it fixes the problem.
post #3066 of 3552 Old 03-12-2014, 09:02 PM

My 3D glasses finally arrived, so there is hope yet for those of you that haven't received them

Quote:
Originally Posted by camtah View Post

Update:

As with most things, I called the Panasonic rebate center this morning and was informed that my rebate check had been cut and mailed. Lo and behold, I went to pickup my mail this afternoon and I'll be damned..there was a check in there ! Glasses are still on "back order" though.

Better late than never I guess...

Update 2:

The check date is 11/20/2013..hmmm void after 6 months so better get a move on and deposit it...
post #3067 of 3552 Old 03-13-2014, 10:38 AM

Liked: 16
Quote:

Dynamic Iris? It is set to off. Turning it on doesn't seem to make a difference.
Yes, when I had mine turned ON, it created a flicker that was noticeable on bright backgrounds like whites, blues, etc. Turning it OFF got rid of that flicker. I actually like it more with it off.
Quote:

Setting it to Normal mode seems to have stopped the flickering. Strange because I tried that earlier today and it still flickered on Normal mode. Guess I'll keep it on here for a week then change it back to Eco to see if it fixes the problem.
I have mine in Normal all the time since I don't use the projector more than once or twice a week. Glad to see that it stopped the flicker. Would be interested to see if it stops after you go back to Eco mode in a week or so.

post #3068 of 3552 Old 03-13-2014, 02:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:

Recently started having an issue with my projector. It seems to be flickering when the picture is mostly white. I have about 3,337 hours on the bulb and have been running in Eco mode since day one. Is my bulb on its last legs or is the issue somewhere else (receiver, HDMI cable, etc)?
I have read about this before what happened the arc on the filament burnt a spike or dent into it. If you put it on dynamic with fan on normal for a movie than you will burn it off. 3D time
post #3069 of 3552 Old 03-13-2014, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw5billwade View Post

I have read about this before what happened the arc on the filament burnt a spike or dent into it. If you put it on dynamic with fan on normal for a movie than you will burn it off. 3D time
I have not used 3D at all, and as I said in an earlier post Dynamic Iris is off. Do you have any links as to where you found this information? I'd love to read more about it!
post #3070 of 3552 Old 03-14-2014, 05:41 AM

Liked: 18
I've skimmed that past couple pages of this thread and while some are having issues, are you guys generally happy with this projector? Would you buy it again if you could do it all over?

I'm looking to upgrade from an Epson 8350 which has been great and I've had no problems with. I really like the idea of this projector for its price (with the current rebate), lens memory (also going to 2.35:1 screen), and looking forward to giving 3D a try. Thanks in advance!
post #3071 of 3552 Old 03-14-2014, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have not used 3D at all, and as I said in an earlier post Dynamic Iris is off. Do you have any links as to where you found this information? I'd love to read more about it!
It was in this thread somewhere around the first 1/3 of it I think people were talking about the issue with the AE-4000 and were asking owners if it happened with the 8000. Then someone said what was causing it and the solution. If you continuously use the same setting then your lamp will develop this from what I remember. Just Google projector lamp flicker. Sorry I did not mark what thread I read it in but I think all the projectors suffer from it at some degree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebracatzebra View Post

I've skimmed that past couple pages of this thread and while some are having issues, are you guys generally happy with this projector? Would you buy it again if you could do it all over?

I'm looking to upgrade from an Epson 8350 which has been great and I've had no problems with. I really like the idea of this projector for its price (with the current rebate), lens memory (also going to 2.35:1 screen), and looking forward to giving 3D a try. Thanks in advance!
I guess I am one of the luckily ones I have not had any problems. Of course I did a lot of research and also I am not looking for so called problems i.e. projecting a white image to see it the entire 125" wide screen has uniformity issues. Why would you do that? Also remember that happy folks usually do not post just folks with issues. Thousands of units have been sold so if it were a piece of crap you would see a lot more complaining. My friend has an Epson 8350 and he is jealous of my projector. (his wife told my wife he would not admit to me cool.gif )
post #3072 of 3552 Old 03-14-2014, 09:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:

I would buy the 8000 again in a heartbeat. However, I would buy it from an authorized dealer instead of Amazon. Since Amazon isn't an authorized dealer for this pj, you can't get the rebate (I found this out the hard way). There are 5 authorized dealers according to Panasonic. Projector People, Projector Point, Visual Apex, AGI and B&H. So pick your favorite out of those 5 and you can't go wrong.
post #3073 of 3552 Old 03-14-2014, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member

I bought mine through AGI good folks I got the mount to but the mount from your 8350 should work.
post #3074 of 3552 Old 03-14-2014, 09:54 AM

Liked: 18
Thanks for the feedback cw5billwade and GWCR. I just pulled the trigger from an authorized dealer wink.gif

Looks like Panasonic brand 3D glasses (TY-ER3D4MU) are best priced at Amazon currently for $53. Are there other compatible glasses that are cheaper and/or a better purchase?
post #3075 of 3552 Old 03-14-2014, 10:25 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 67
We were very impressed with the PJ last night.
While watching TMNT (2007 animated) on blu ray (seen it a half dozen times already) there were countless moments where something in the image looked amazing. Sometimes only seconds apart.
I remember thinking what would I say, would you believe me if I said you could see the pile fuzz on Aprils wool shirt or the reptilian/frog like skin on the top of the Turtles hands, the realistic layering in their shells and chest pates, the strikingly horse hair like structure of Splinters wrist hair, the depth of the chain mail, etc.etc.
The detail was so nice I caught two different parts of the film where they had missed the final render inside a turtles mouth.

So nice to finally have it this good.

And...NFS on the PS4 is looking good at the same setting, bonus!

Too bad a guy didn't have more money laying around...
post #3076 of 3552 Old 03-14-2014, 03:49 PM

So which 3D glasses is everyone using? Any noticeable difference with the newest Panny glasses and the Ps3 glasses? Which model Panny glasses did people get with their rebate?
post #3077 of 3552 Old 03-15-2014, 01:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Anyone have a recommendation on a mount for the 8000U? I thought it came with one redface.gif
post #3078 of 3552 Old 03-15-2014, 07:39 PM

I just received mine and they were the TY-EW3D3M...much nicer/lighter than the original TY-EW3D2MA from our HDTV. Haven't had a chance to try them out yet, though
post #3079 of 3552 Old 03-16-2014, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks for the feedback cw5billwade and GWCR. I just pulled the trigger from an authorized dealer wink.gif

Looks like Panasonic brand 3D glasses (TY-ER3D4MU) are best priced at Amazon currently for $53. Are there other compatible glasses that are cheaper and/or a better purchase?
4MU is not the right glasses they are RF for 2012 or newer TVs you need 3MU which is IR for this projector and 2011 and prior TVs. 2MU and 1 MU will also work.
zebracatzebra likes this.
post #3080 of 3552 Old 03-17-2014, 08:13 AM

Was told I should repost here,

Originally Posted by readthis13

I want to go w/ as large a screen as my room will allow. It's under construction (15' x 26' usable space). It will be a 100%, light controlled, dedicated theater room.

Being that I want to go w/ a 2.35:1 ratio, and don't want to spend the extra money on a lens, I was looking at the Panny, and use a 158" 1.0 gain screen.

My question, is will the Panny do good at this size (or as this entirely too large)? Will it be bright enough to look good, and will it support 3D at this size?

If not, is there another projector under $4k that would work?

I'm willing to pair something w/ the Lumagen Mini 3d if needed.

Thanks!
post #3081 of 3552 Old 03-17-2014, 10:22 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by readthis13 View Post

Was told I should repost here,

Originally Posted by readthis13

I want to go w/ as large a screen as my room will allow. It's under construction (15' x 26' usable space). It will be a 100%, light controlled, dedicated theater room.

Being that I want to go w/ a 2.35:1 ratio, and don't want to spend the extra money on a lens, I was looking at the Panny, and use a 158" 1.0 gain screen.

My question, is will the Panny do good at this size (or as this entirely too large)? Will it be bright enough to look good, and will it support 3D at this size?

If not, is there another projector under $4k that would work?

I'm willing to pair something w/ the Lumagen Mini 3d if needed.

Thanks!

The 8000 has proven itself in our home.
A lot will depend on how far you mount it from the screen.

Too bad a guy didn't have more money laying around...
post #3082 of 3552 Old 03-18-2014, 07:24 AM

I'm looking to place it 16' 5" - 16' 10" from the screen. It should be 14fL at that point.

Do you have a screen that large? Also, in your opinion, will that be bright enough for my application?
post #3083 of 3552 Old 03-18-2014, 06:48 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13

Hello,

in post #3027 I placed some pics about the poor picture sharpness of PTAT 6000 compare to my very old PTAE-2000. I send it to panasonic service and got it back now.

The definition and convergence is now proved and nothing is relaced or changed. The letters from panasonic service says my beamer is state of art for this model. Wow.:(

Ok, the PTAT 6000 projects the pictures better like SD. But in my case this is now not a really Full-HD picture. May be 720p or something else. My old PTAE 2000 or my 4000 has a real Full-HD picture. What a bad joke - yeah my 6000 is state of art.:eek:

I will use the beamer now only for 3D. But for good 2D picture quality I take my 10 year old 2000er or the 4000 (but first I have to need a lamp replacement).

I am at first time heavy frustrated, about panasonic service and the product.

In future, I will never buy a new Flat-Screen, Blu-ray Player and in special no beamer from Panasonic.:(

If somebody is interested I can post some pics about the absolutly bad picture definition of PTAT 6000 compare to PTAE2000/4000.

I hope in future the competitors will do it better for the next generation beamers.

1. JVC needs much more light power

2. Epson needs a complete motorized optic.

3. Sony needs a lower price

post #3084 of 3552 Old 03-19-2014, 01:05 PM

I managed to get a panasonic exclusive avatar 3d. The 3d performance was absolutely awesome.

post #3085 of 3552 Old 03-21-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:

I got this projector back in mid November. Absolutely no issues/regrets so far and would buy again. I had the 8350 for about a week before I returned it and ordered this projector instead. The upgrade in picture quality is easily noticeable. The pixel density is better; I felt that the 8350 looked somewhat Screen Door'ish to me. The only thing I sorta liked better on the 8350 was the lens shift control. The PT-8000 uses a weird joy stick. I use the 8000 in a room with the lights on at night usually and the picture quality is great even with the lights on. Using the Disney WoW blu ray made a big difference though. Game Mode is good if you are into that as well. I play sports games without any input lag issues. (although I think the 8350 is still better in the category of input lag).

post #3086 of 3552 Old 03-21-2014, 11:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by writtensarcasm View Post

I got this projector back in mid November. Absolutely no issues/regrets so far and would buy again. I had the 8350 for about a week before I returned it and ordered this projector instead. The upgrade in picture quality is easily noticeable. The pixel density is better; I felt that the 8350 looked somewhat Screen Door'ish to me. The only thing I sorta liked better on the 8350 was the lens shift control. The PT-8000 uses a weird joy stick. I use the 8000 in a room with the lights on at night usually and the picture quality is great even with the lights on. Using the Disney WoW blu ray made a big difference though. Game Mode is good if you are into that as well. I play sports games without any input lag issues. (although I think the 8350 is still better in the category of input lag).
So does Disney Wow make that much of a difference and easy enough for an idiot like me? I really am pleased with D-cinema out of all the settings for my taste.
post #3087 of 3552 Old 03-21-2014, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw5billwade View Post

So does Disney Wow make that much of a difference and easy enough for an idiot like me? I really am pleased with D-cinema out of all the settings for my taste.

Disney WoW made a big difference for me, and it couldn't be easier to use. I owned the projector for about 2-3 months before I even bought the WoW DVD. I mostly just changed the Brightness and Contrast settings on the projector (The color seemed good enough out of the box for me - and it's tough to notice a difference between +/-1 in either direction with color unlike brightness/contrast.It also comes with a really good A/V sync calibrator.

I'm assuming you watch in a light controlled environment because I have always though D-Cinema was too dark for me. Before calibrating, I just used Normal for low light and Dynamic for lights on and Rec 709 for when the lights were off. 

post #3088 of 3552 Old 03-21-2014, 12:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by writtensarcasm View Post

Disney WoW made a big difference for me, and it couldn't be easier to use. I owned the projector for about 2-3 months before I even bought the WoW DVD. I mostly just changed the Brightness and Contrast settings on the projector (The color seemed good enough out of the box for me - and it's tough to notice a difference between +/-1 in either direction with color unlike brightness/contrast.It also comes with a really good A/V sync calibrator.

I'm assuming you watch in a light controlled environment because I have always though D-Cinema was too dark for me. Before calibrating, I just used Normal for low light and Dynamic for lights on and Rec 709 for when the lights were off. 
Total light control I watch 2D in D-cinema with fan on eco and 3D in Normal fan on normal.
post #3089 of 3552 Old 03-22-2014, 08:27 AM

I've got a question...

Based on the projector central screen calculator, I can use this pj w/ a 158" screen at 2.35:1 from 16'5" back at max zoom (2x). Doing so will yield 14-15fL.

My question, is would I actually be able to put this projector closer to the screen in 2.35:1 at max zoom being that the top & bottom black bars (that show up on all 2.35:1 movies) would be projected off the top & the bottom of the screen?

Or does the projector central calculator actually account for that?

My thinking, is that I might get a couple more fL if I can in fact move it closer.
post #3090 of 3552 Old 03-22-2014, 09:54 AM

I don't know if this was asked before but here it is. I am currently using an AE2000 and from day one i am very happy with it. I have a 135" 16:9 motorized screen and I also have a 120" width motorized roller shade with black masking material that I installed on top of my main screen. I use the motorized roller shade for masking the top portion only when watching cinemascope and shift the lens vertically. I do not need to mask the bottom part because my wall is painted with non-reflective black paint. When I watch 4:3 movies I draw the black non-reflective drapes on both sides. By doing this, i do not have to adjust the focus when changing screen sizes. If I upgrade to the AE8000, is it capable of setting up the vertical only lens shift memory?
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Jvc Dla X35 3d Hd Front Projector , Panasonic Pt Ae7000u 1080p Full Hd Projector , Panasonic Pt Ae4000u 1600 Lumen Lcd Home Theater Projector , Sony Vpl Hw50es 3d Projector , Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor , Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page