Official Owners' Thread, Panasonic PT-AE8000U (US version) PT-AT6000E (European version) - Page 118 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3511 of 3597 Old 08-02-2014, 03:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenebre View Post
Anyone have a link on how to clean dust blobs? I am guessing this wont be covered under warranty so i need to do it myself
You should not be getting dust blobs. I've had my 7000 for 3 years and nary a one.

Wolfie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3512 of 3597 Old 08-02-2014, 08:00 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I did it...I read every one of the 3511 posts. Informative. Overwhelming. Man, do I need a beer.

I have two questions:

1) If I buy this projector to do CIH for a 2.35 width of ~120 inches and am forced to mount the projector 24 inches off the horizontal center of the 2.35 screen (at first my 'screen' will be a white wall with blue tape) I am still unclear what will be the consequence upon switching between saved 16:9 and 2.35 lens memory settings. Will the 'center' of the two projected images be offset from one another because of my horizontal projector placement relative to the center of the screen?

2) Given all the overwhelming knowledge, information, and drama, contained within these 3500 posts what is the best beer for one trying to digest it all?

Thanks
post #3513 of 3597 Old 08-03-2014, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_Zaius View Post
I did it...I read every one of the 3511 posts. Informative. Overwhelming. Man, do I need a beer.

I have two questions:

1) If I buy this projector to do CIH for a 2.35 width of ~120 inches and am forced to mount the projector 24 inches off the horizontal center of the 2.35 screen (at first my 'screen' will be a white wall with blue tape) I am still unclear what will be the consequence upon switching between saved 16:9 and 2.35 lens memory settings. Will the 'center' of the two projected images be offset from one another because of my horizontal projector placement relative to the center of the screen?

2) Given all the overwhelming knowledge, information, and drama, contained within these 3500 posts what is the best beer for one trying to digest it all?

Thanks
When I set mine up... I centered the 16x9 image on the screen, and then setup the 2.35. When you setup the 2.35 you can move the image up and down if needed (I think you can move it left and right too). I have my 2.35 image moved to the bottom of the screen so I only need to mask the top.

Denon 4520ci, (3) JBL 2360As/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, MiniDSP 2x4s, (4) Klipsch HIPs, (2) Klipsch KP3002s, PS3, XBox 360, (3) Intel NUCs, Monoprice Redmere, Monster HTPS7000, 2 SUPER SPUD subs, Panasonic AE8000us SeymourAV 180 (195" diagonal) scope screen, Yamaha P7000s (for the subs), (2) Yamaha P2500s amps for the front (3) bass bins.
post #3514 of 3597 Old 08-05-2014, 06:38 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Move it left or right makes no sense for 1:2.35, You are right it is possible to do this, but you will lost pixels. Formats like 1:1.66 or 1:1.33 can shift without restrictions in the native panel.
post #3515 of 3597 Old 08-08-2014, 12:02 AM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 22
OMG, So Frustrated. I purchased a Panasonic 8000 projector over 1 year ago along with 6 pairs of glasses TY-EW3D3MU (2 small pairs for the kids a 4 mediums for the adults and bigger child). I also purchased a Denon 4311CI AVR and a Seymour 130" curved 2:37:1 screen. I became very ill and required a heart transplant. Well, I am finally healthy enough and have been building a home theater. I setup my screen yesterday and couldn't wait to use it. (The kids picked a movie, non 3-d) everything seemed to play ok but I did notice every few minutes the screen would "black out" and then start projecting again. Sorta like it lost its handshake. The next morning I was having the same issues. I was also trying 3d movies as well. The cable I had connected is a Amazon Basics cable http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-H...=3d+hdmi+cable These cables also cause the picture to lose hand shake and go black for a few minutes before the picture returns. Most all my movies are stored on my Hard Drives, I use software to play 2d and 3d however,3D movies will NOT play.
Then tried a Monoprice cable, pretty thick with nylons shielding. It will play 2d very well (no drop, or loss of picture) but will not play 3d. I tried watching a 3D movie with the larger monoprice cable but I never had to option to allow for 3D. I selected 3D via Power DVD which worked however I had NO option to select 3D via my projector. I am using Power DVD 10. I can switch from 2d to 3d mode when I start a movie, lets say monsters vs. Aliens. When I use the Panasonic 8000 remote and choose 3d it will show a 3d picture. (but my glasses do not recognize a 3D picture, they act like they are in 2D mode) It will switch to 3D mode but before I can even put the remote down the screen flickers again (same handshake loss) and automatically returns to 2D mode. WTH!
Please let me know if I should install different software to watch 2d and/or 3D movies or If I should purchase different cables. ( I tried thick monoprice and thinner Amazon basics) neither work. Can you list what type of cable I should purchase? OR is a new projector needed?
OR, do I need different 3D glasses?

********help, friends stopping over to watch a movie ************
*************FRUSTRATED******************

p.s. I have a 3D tv at home 42" and the same 3D movies work just fine and I'm using the cheap $9 best buy glasses. I should have brought a pair up to test.

UPDATE: I connected my 3D blu ray player and Avatar worked just fine, NO issues. So it may not be a projector issue. However I am still having drop outs when I watch standard movies via my HTPC. I'll post there as well in case other have this issue. I use the same movies/software on my t.v. with NO problems.
Maybe the drop out is caused due to the video card on my htpc connected to my Denon then passed to the projector. I dunno.

Denon 4311CI, Denon 1913Marantz NR1403 for sale

Last edited by rlhaudio; 08-08-2014 at 11:41 AM.
post #3516 of 3597 Old 08-08-2014, 06:20 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
PJ life has been good the past 18 month with my 8000. I recently went on vacation. Left the PJ in standby as usual. On returning the unit is DEAD. It will not power on, no LEDs nothing. I do no think the bulb is blown, as I was just over 2000 hours the last time I checked. Either way a blown bulb usually leaves a flashing LAMP indicator. I did remove the lamp and it looks OK. I put a meter across the leads and it indicated a open circuit, but I don't know if it supposed to be that way.

It will be off for repair I hope.I think it has a 2 year warranty?

This is my 3rd Projector over the last 10 years and never had any repair issues

"Its never easy"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3517 of 3597 Old 08-10-2014, 09:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
rlhaudio

Regarding the picture blackout, I had the same problem but only on 3D blu ray.

A Google search advised turning off any deep colour settings on the feed source which in my case is a Panasonic blu ray player.

It solved the problem for me.

Last edited by j.woodhouse; 08-10-2014 at 09:29 AM.
post #3518 of 3597 Old 08-11-2014, 09:43 PM

I am on day 3 with my new projector The earlier problem has been solved, now a new issue. I have a 2:37:1 screen but I don't see a choice to use the 2:35 aspect. I see 16:9 but no 2:35. I see an option to H stretch (I think that's what it was called) which did expand the picture quite a bit. Not all the way to the edge. I would say I have about 2 feet still left to fill on each side. My screen is 130". The salesperson told me the projector had anamorphic built in so I would not need to spend another 1-2G on a lens. Im very happy with the picture just not sure where the option is for a 2:35 aspect ratio and im starting to think he "stretched" (pun intended) the truth a little. It was this or an Epson, either way I was buying a projector. So after doing some yahoo searches I assume I have to buy a panamorph or cinevista lens? I actually did not see one for the Panasonic 8000 so maybe im just lost.. lol
The directions are NOT the best, guess I'll try finding it on the CD again. I know you guys are all pro's and probably have an immediate answer.

post #3519 of 3597 Old 08-11-2014, 09:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 382 Post(s)
Liked: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlhaudio View Post
I am on day 3 with my new projector The earlier problem has been solved, now a new issue. I have a 2:37:1 screen but I don't see a choice to use the 2:35 aspect. I see 16:9 but no 2:35. I see an option to H stretch (I think that's what it was called) which did expand the picture quite a bit. Not all the way to the edge. I would say I have about 2 feet still left to fill on each side. My screen is 130". The salesperson told me the projector had anamorphic built in so I would not need to spend another 1-2G on a lens. Im very happy with the picture just not sure where the option is for a 2:35 aspect ratio and im starting to think he "stretched" (pun intended) the truth a little. It was this or an Epson, either way I was buying a projector. So after doing some yahoo searches I assume I have to buy a panamorph or cinevista lens? I actually did not see one for the Panasonic 8000 so maybe im just lost.. lol
The directions are NOT the best, guess I'll try finding it on the CD again. I know you guys are all pro's and probably have an immediate answer.

Here are instructions for setting this up. I figured it out in post 11 after trial and error.
Question about Panasonic AE8000U Cinema Scope to 16X9 (zoom)

It doesn't matter what ratio screen you have. The Panasonic will work with anything. 2.37:1 is fine. Just setup 16x9 first. Save it to memory, and then setup 2.37:1 second. IT HAS to be that order, unless your projector is physically mounted dead center. You will use the v-area position under the lens control on the projector to move the 2.35/2.37/2.40 image up or down to fit it on your screen perfectly. Don't give up. You've got an excellent projector which will automatically do all this switching for you when you get it setup correctly. Your salesman didn't tell you anything false.

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"

post #3520 of 3597 Old 08-11-2014, 11:05 PM

OMG thank you so much, I would never have thought of that. I was wondering why my picture would blur every now and then. Nothing major just something I was noticing. probably because I was stretching the screen.. lol cant wait to fix it tomorrow. I need to get off this board and get some sleep 2am already. lol

post #3521 of 3597 Old 08-14-2014, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
You should not be getting dust blobs. I've had my 7000 for 3 years and nary a one.

Wolfie
Both my 7000 and 8000 have now had dust blobs.

This is on my 8000 which is in with the repairer for multiple issues
It has the green tint issue, convergence is really bad and i have 2 dust blobs clearly visible.

The 8000 has 470 Hours on the clock

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0999.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	211425
post #3522 of 3597 Old 08-15-2014, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Need help - lamp cover removal

My AE8000 now has 4490 hours on the lamp and it's time to change it. The instructions seem simple enough, however when I got to the point where I loosen the single screw to remove the lamp cover, I'm stuck. No matter how many times I turn the screw, the cover will not come off. I can even shine a flashlight in under the cover and see that the screw is totally disengaged from the mating fastener, however the cover won't come off. It pulls up about 1/4" and then won't come any further. I feel like if I pull it any harder the plastic might break. Anybody else replace a lamp yet? Any advice? Thanks!

Last edited by NMJack; 08-15-2014 at 11:16 AM.
post #3523 of 3597 Old 08-15-2014, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMJack View Post
My AE8000 now has 4490 hours on the lamp and it's time to change it. The instructions seem simple enough, however when I got to the point where I loosen the single screw to remove the lamp cover, I'm stuck. No matter how many times I turn the screw, the cover will not come off. I can even shine a flashlight in under the cover and see that the screw is totally disengaged from the mating fastener, however the cover won't come off. It pulls up about 1/4" and then won't come any further. I feel like if I pull it any harder the plastic might break. Anybody else replace a lamp yet? Any advice? Thanks!
I had the same issue and found it has a little catch tab. After some fiddling i got it open. I did apply a little force and it popped open but yea it does feel fragile lol.

Good luck
post #3524 of 3597 Old 08-16-2014, 09:33 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Hi guys,
I have a quick (and probably dumb) question about my 8000. Is there any way to have it default to a certain input at startup? Mine always wants to start at HDMI-3 for some reason and my only in put is HDMI-1. Its a pain in the butt to have to change it every time I start it up.
Thanks!

post #3525 of 3597 Old 08-16-2014, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by NapsterNZ View Post
I had the same issue and found it has a little catch tab. After some fiddling i got it open. I did apply a little force and it popped open but yea it does feel fragile lol.

Good luck
Thanks Napster. I did finally get it openned by wedging my finger under the back right corner. Must have twisted it just right. Of course, when I went to reinstall the cover, that plastic snap gizmo now doesn't seem to let the cover fully seat. I just pushed it down and secured the screw. I'm guessing the second latch is there so that if the projector is ceiling mounted, loosening the screw won't just let the cover fall to the floor. For my shelf mount, it's just a nuisance.
post #3526 of 3597 Old 08-18-2014, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig72 View Post
Hi guys,
I have a quick (and probably dumb) question about my 8000. Is there any way to have it default to a certain input at startup? Mine always wants to start at HDMI-3 for some reason and my only in put is HDMI-1. Its a pain in the butt to have to change it every time I start it up.
Thanks!

I had the same problem. I was running my HDMI cables through a switcher and it was constantly changing the inputs. The problem was the Blu Ray player was telling it to switch to input one. Go in your Blu Ray player settngs and turn off automatic HDMI switching and hopefully that will resolve your problem.
post #3527 of 3597 Old 08-19-2014, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conner65 View Post
I had the same problem. I was running my HDMI cables through a switcher and it was constantly changing the inputs. The problem was the Blu Ray player was telling it to switch to input one. Go in your Blu Ray player settngs and turn off automatic HDMI switching and hopefully that will resolve your problem.
Thanks for the tip. Not sure that is my problem though. This is happening before any other device is turned on. My Denon receiver is the only thing plugged into the projector (all other inputs are empty). HDMI-3 seems to somehow be the default. I guess I could do the easy thing and just plug the Denon into HDMI-3 on the projector and be done with it, but I'd rather figure out how to fix it if I can.

post #3528 of 3597 Old 08-19-2014, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the tip. Not sure that is my problem though. This is happening before any other device is turned on. My Denon receiver is the only thing plugged into the projector (all other inputs are empty). HDMI-3 seems to somehow be the default. I guess I could do the easy thing and just plug the Denon into HDMI-3 on the projector and be done with it, but I'd rather figure out how to fix it if I can.
Well, I might have just found the answer to my own question. In reading the manual (!!), there is an option called Auto Search which is turned on by default. Since my projector turns on before the BR player, it would probably 'eventually' find the active input, but its kind of annoying and seems to take awhile. The solution is to turn off Auto Search, and the projector will use the last selected input. Just what I was looking for.

post #3529 of 3597 Old 08-19-2014, 05:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Well, I might have just found the answer to my own question. In reading the manual (!!), there is an option called Auto Search which is turned on by default. Since my projector turns on before the BR player, it would probably 'eventually' find the active input, but its kind of annoying and seems to take awhile. The solution is to turn off Auto Search, and the projector will use the last selected input. Just what I was looking for.
you beat me to it
craig72 likes this.

post #3530 of 3597 Old 08-19-2014, 05:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 392
Hello all.
Long post here and I hope I explain it right. This is the first time I have ever used a PJ.

I bought a 8000 back during the Black Friday sale and finally got it installed. I am using a wall shelf and I had some odd studding and had to mount it where I could get the best bite for the screws for good support, I did get it close to center. I used timber tite 4" wood screws to mount the shelf. It is a common shelf that I have seen on this thread.

Anyway. I mounted the PJ where the lens is at about 7ft at center. I have not installed the screen yet so I am playing around and I am just shooting on the front black wall with just a Blu ray player as the audio is not in the theater yet (waiting on carpet) My question is considering that the PJ is flat on the shelf, is it ok to prop the back of the projector up to get more vertical and drop the PJ screen down? The blue panny screen is shooting at the crease or the top of the front wall. I propped the back of the PJ up and the screen dipped down. I guess what I am getting at, is it recommended to prop the projector up or use lens shift? I cannot get enough vertical shift in the pj to drop it. I hope I mounted it right. The ceiling is 7' 9". I wanted it over my head and I am just clearing the shelf. Sorry for the noob questions, I just want to make sure before I put the screen up that I have it mounted right. The screen is a Carada 112" 2:35:1 criterion brilliant white screen.

My System

My dedicated theater room build. 

post #3531 of 3597 Old 08-19-2014, 06:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Reset all your digital lens controls - slid the front cover off and use the joystick lever to make that initial adjustment. Use the digital controls to fine tune after you get it lined up with the joystick.

ellisr63 and Reefdvr27 like this.

Last edited by Archaea; 08-19-2014 at 06:30 PM.
post #3532 of 3597 Old 08-19-2014, 06:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMJack View Post

You are doing it right. Just pull a bit harder.

post #3533 of 3597 Old 08-19-2014, 09:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Reset all your digital lens controls - slid the front cover off and use the joystick lever to make that initial adjustment. Use the digital controls to fine tune after you get it lined up with the joystick.

Holy cow John I forgot that stick was in there. I read the book like a month ago, I must have missed that. Whoops I knew there was another way make an adjustment as I could see it on the set up screen.

Last edited by Reefdvr27; 08-20-2014 at 06:54 AM.
post #3534 of 3597 Old 08-20-2014, 06:21 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hey guys, set up question for you. I am installing an 8000 in a room I built for my dad. I installed my own 8000 almost two years ago, but mine is shelf mounted and almost perfectly centered horizontally. My dad's is on a mount and due to joist location, duct work, etc, the lens is probably 18", maybe more, to the right of the center of the screen.

I have an issue with his picture that I never had with mine, and I'm guessing it's related to the lens location. It's almost a horizontal keystone effect, however, the top of the image is relatively level, as are the sides. The problem is really only on the bottom. A somewhat exaggerated depiction of the issue is attached. Let me know if you have any ideas. If I need to shelf mount it so it can be centered, that is possible.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen.PNG
Views:	15
Size:	862 Bytes
ID:	220578  
post #3535 of 3597 Old 08-20-2014, 06:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 467
my rebate status has said "rebate approved" that was on 7/18...can anyone comment how much longer after that yours was sent out?

i am at a month now probably 2 since I sent it in

thanks

Panasonic 65VT30 | Panasonic AE8000 HD PJ | Denon x4000 | Emotiva XPA-5 | PSB imagine B's | PSB image c5 | PSB B4's | DUAL PSA XS30 | OPPO 103 | minidsp

My first HT build thread
post #3536 of 3597 Old 08-20-2014, 07:02 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
my rebate status has said "rebate approved" that was on 7/18...can anyone comment how much longer after that yours was sent out?

thanks
It took me about a 1.5 months after that to receive the check.
Just keep checking your mail because the status will not change when they have mailed out the check. Well that was the case for me.
post #3537 of 3597 Old 08-20-2014, 07:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by bull3001 View Post
It took me about a 1.5 months after that to receive the check.
Just keep checking your mail because the status will not change when they have mailed out the check. Well that was the case for me.
ok great thank you!!

Panasonic 65VT30 | Panasonic AE8000 HD PJ | Denon x4000 | Emotiva XPA-5 | PSB imagine B's | PSB image c5 | PSB B4's | DUAL PSA XS30 | OPPO 103 | minidsp

My first HT build thread
post #3538 of 3597 Old 08-20-2014, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post

thanks
I asked my wife a month ago if we ever got the rebate and she said she does not know. I swear I remember her back around March saying we got it, but neither of us can be sure. Is there a way to find out if they sent it?
ellisr63 likes this.

My System

My dedicated theater room build. 

post #3539 of 3597 Old 08-20-2014, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
I asked my wife a month ago if we ever got the rebate and she said she does not know. I swear I remember her back around March saying we got it, but neither of us can be sure. Is there a way to find out if they sent it?
That is what I hate about rebates... I think they don't send them out sometimes knowing that people lose track of them. If you contact them to let them know you are still waiting it will remind them that you haven't forgotten.

Denon 4520ci, (3) JBL 2360As/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, MiniDSP 2x4s, (4) Klipsch HIPs, (2) Klipsch KP3002s, PS3, XBox 360, (3) Intel NUCs, Monoprice Redmere, Monster HTPS7000, 2 SUPER SPUD subs, Panasonic AE8000us SeymourAV 180 (195" diagonal) scope screen, Yamaha P7000s (for the subs), (2) Yamaha P2500s amps for the front (3) bass bins.
post #3540 of 3597 Old 08-20-2014, 09:00 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Is there any planned replacement for this model? Its been in the market since 2012, and I would figure panny would have announced a replacement by now. I'm in the market for a projector and screen. I'm going to pick up a Seymour 130' 2.35 retractable, and I've looked at matching it up with the panny. I don't want to buy one now and in two months, theres a new model.

Any info on the replacement?

Paradigm v.5 speakers: Studio 100s - Fronts, Studio CC-690 - Center , ADP-590s - Surround.
Pardigm V.4 speakers: Studio 20s - Rear Surround, Sub12
Pre/Pro - Yamaha CX-A5000, AMP - Yamaha MX-A5000
TV - Samsung UNDF658000
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Jvc Dla X35 3d Hd Front Projector , Panasonic Pt Ae7000u 1080p Full Hd Projector , Panasonic Pt Ae4000u 1600 Lumen Lcd Home Theater Projector , Sony Vpl Hw50es 3d Projector , Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor , Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page