Official Owners' Thread, Panasonic PT-AE8000U (US version) PT-AT6000E (European version) - Page 119 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3541 of 3548 Old Today, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisr63 View Post
That is what I hate about rebates... I think they don't send them out sometimes knowing that people lose track of them. If you contact them to let them know you are still waiting it will remind them that you haven't forgotten.
Not only that I am on the phone right now waiting in line for an operator. It is always the case that all their representatives are assisitng other customers and they are "Experiencing higher than normal volume" I got em on speaker phone, I can let it run all day.
ellisr63 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3542 of 3548 Old Today, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
Not only that I am on the phone right now waiting in line for an operator. It is always the case that all their representatives are assisitng other customers and they are "Experiencing higher than normal volume" I got em on speaker phone, I can let it run all day.
If they really wanted to give you the rebate... It would be an instant rebate from the authorized dealer.

Denon 4520ci, 3 JBL 2360As/EV DHA-1s, 3 1/4 Pie bass bins, MiniDSP 2x4s, 4 Klipsch HIPs, 2 Klipsch KP3002s, PS3, XBox 360, 3 Intel NUCs, Monoprice Redmere, Monster HTPS7000, 2 SUPER SPUD subs, Panasonic AE8000u, and a Yamaha P7000s.
post #3543 of 3548 Old Today, 09:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
I also emailed them at:
panasonicrebates AT acbcoop DOT com
ellisr63 likes this.
post #3544 of 3548 Old Today, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisr63 View Post
If they really wanted to give you the rebate... It would be an instant rebate from the authorized dealer.
The check was mailed out in Feb for $550. Now I have to go back in quicken and see if we got it. However my wife's computer crashed at the office and we lost some of the quicken. Panasonic is checking to see if it was cashed as well as I.
ellisr63 likes this.
post #3545 of 3548 Old Today, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Reset all your digital lens controls - slid the front cover off and use the joystick lever to make that initial adjustment. Use the digital controls to fine tune after you get it lined up with the joystick.

Yep that did it. Thanks. I was looking at that the joystick when I first opened the PJ, probably 6 months ago and I just forgot all about it. You can move the picture all over the wall with the joystick. Awesome. I am going to get the room cleaned up today and get working on getting the screen installed. After the carpet gets installed I am on my way. Still lots to do.

I will add, just shooting on the black wall, the picture looks nice. Cannot wait to see it on the screen. I am like a little kid, I feel like I am 12 and it is a week before Christmas.

Last edited by Reefdvr27; Today at 10:46 AM.
post #3546 of 3548 Old Today, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by manning99 View Post
Hey guys, set up question for you. I am installing an 8000 in a room I built for my dad. I installed my own 8000 almost two years ago, but mine is shelf mounted and almost perfectly centered horizontally. My dad's is on a mount and due to joist location, duct work, etc, the lens is probably 18", maybe more, to the right of the center of the screen.

I have an issue with his picture that I never had with mine, and I'm guessing it's related to the lens location. It's almost a horizontal keystone effect, however, the top of the image is relatively level, as are the sides. The problem is really only on the bottom. A somewhat exaggerated depiction of the issue is attached. Let me know if you have any ideas. If I need to shelf mount it so it can be centered, that is possible.

This is like an MMAT question.

easy fix

Looking at the screen and standing behind the ceiling mounted projector make the following changes:
tilt the projector to the right
then rotate the projector on the mount to the right a bit.

You are tilted left and rotated left currently.

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"
Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
2012 KC Blind Sub Shootout
My Subwoofer Recommendations by Pricepoint

Last edited by Archaea; Today at 01:05 PM.
post #3547 of 3548 Old Today, 12:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I don't know what or who MMAT is, but I'm going to go ahead and be offended, just in case. Thanks for the response, and I'll give it another look. Although it seems if it were titled one way, the side image lines wouldn't be so plumb.
post #3548 of 3548 Old Today, 01:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 548
No offense intended. You'll be like, oh now I understand once you try it.
http://www.audioholics.com/projector...n-home-theater
Your yaw and roll are off to use this article's terms.

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"
Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
2012 KC Blind Sub Shootout
My Subwoofer Recommendations by Pricepoint
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Jvc Dla X35 3d Hd Front Projector , Panasonic Pt Ae7000u 1080p Full Hd Projector , Panasonic Pt Ae4000u 1600 Lumen Lcd Home Theater Projector , Sony Vpl Hw50es 3d Projector , Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor , Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page