Official Owners' Thread, Panasonic PT-AE8000U (US version) PT-AT6000E (European version) - Page 121 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3601 of 3609 Old Yesterday, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)
Liked: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreePer77 View Post
Any idea if The rebate from Panny is still valid. The forms say September 30, 2014. The rebate is the deciding factor between this and the 5030ub for me.
It says it is on sale now on the 2 popular sites for PJ's. $1999 free shipping and an upgrade to 2 day air. I don't see a rebate, but looks like $5000 less than the 5030, unless you find it cheaper with a search.
http://www.projectorpeople.com/Panas...rojector/27643

My System

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My dedicated theater room build. 

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3602 of 3609 Old Yesterday, 10:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
http://www.panasonic.com/business-so...m%20Rebate.pdf

The link from here to the form wont work but it you just copy the address it takes you to the .pdf form that says the rebate is valid until 9/30/14. I think its a crap shoot as to whether it will get paid.

Need new projector!, Elite Screen SableFrame 110" 1.1gain
Onkyo TX-NR818
Power Sound Audio XV30
Definitive BP8B fronts
Definitive CLR2002 center
Definitive StudioMonitor 350 surrounds and rears
post #3603 of 3609 Old Yesterday, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreePer77 View Post
http://www.panasonic.com/business-so...m%20Rebate.pdf

The link from here to the form wont work but it you just copy the address it takes you to the .pdf form that says the rebate is valid until 9/30/14. I think its a crap shoot as to whether it will get paid.
$1999 is a good price. I paid $1780 with a rebate back on Cyber Monday with a $500 rebate. Just call Panasonic CS on Monday. I think you will have to have the PJ in hands by the 30th though to get the pop. So if you get the 2 day air in that offer above and you get it post marked in time. You should be good.

My System

post #3604 of 3609 Old Today, 08:39 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Link to the rebate form

http://www.audiogeneral.com/Panasoni...00u_rebate.pdf

I'm going to grab one from B&H today

Paradigm v.5 speakers: Studio 100s - Fronts, Studio CC-690 - Center , ADP-590s - Surround.
Pardigm V.4 speakers: Studio 20s - Rear Surround, Sub12
Pre/Pro - Yamaha CX-A5000, AMP - Yamaha MX-A5000
TV - Samsung UNDF658000
post #3605 of 3609 Old Today, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Got a question hopefully someone can answer I'm using the monprice 120" multi format screen and I have the projector mounted around 15'4" which should be within the range on a 16:9 image but everytime I try and get the image lined up it doesn't fit perfectly. I can't make it fit vertically, horizontally its pretty close but I'm not sure if I just mounted it too close or not. Zooming in will just leave black bars on both sides of the screen.
post #3606 of 3609 Old Today, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jruc03 View Post
Got a question hopefully someone can answer I'm using the monprice 120" multi format screen and I have the projector mounted around 15'4" which should be within the range on a 16:9 image but everytime I try and get the image lined up it doesn't fit perfectly. I can't make it fit vertically, horizontally its pretty close but I'm not sure if I just mounted it too close or not. Zooming in will just leave black bars on both sides of the screen.
I am having the same problem. I fill my 2:35:1 screen and go to set 16X9 and I have to use lens shift to get it centered.. I then loose my 2:35:1 setting. I just cannot get the lens to zoom in correctly with out using lens shift for both? I have watched the videos from panny and read several forums, I have also read the instruction from projector central and the book and still cannot get it??

My System

Last edited by Reefdvr27; Today at 12:27 PM.
post #3607 of 3609 Old Today, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 118
please tell me you are using the joy stick for initial alingment. first you put in a 16x9 image and use the joy stick, zoom and focus and get the 16x9 perfect for height. save as 16x9 Then you put in a 2.35:1 movie in and zoom out and use the joystick, zoom for left and right and the V area digital shift to bring the picture up save as 2.35:1 then turn auto on. Search for my name in this thread for detailed instructions.

post #3608 of 3609 Old Today, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jruc03 View Post
I am having the same problem. I fill my 2:35:1 screen and go to set 16X9 and I have to use lens shift to get it centered.. I then loose my 2:35:1 setting. I just cannot get the lens to zoom in correctly with out using lens shift for both? I have watched the videos from panny and read several forums, I have also read the instruction from projector central and the book and still cannot get it??
I think you are supposed to setup 16:9 first and save it then move onto 2:35 from what I have read in this forum.
post #3609 of 3609 Old Today, 01:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw5billwade View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by Claybe 

Thanks for your response Mark and for your offer to help! I have a 2.35:1 120" wide 130" diagonal DIY screen. I am able to get a 2.35 image to fit great on there. I save that as my number one lens memory. Everything is fine. When a 16:9 movie comes on it over flows the screen on the tops and sides. I go to my saved settings and they won't load. Nothing changes. I will look at the manual a little closely to see if I am missing something.

Bottom line up front. MAKE SURE YOU SAVE TO THE LENS CONTROL AREA OF THE MENU!!!!! Always adjust the 16x9 image first. Use the joy stick to lower the screen for 16x9 and to move left to right for 2.40:1. The image drops as you zoom out (to me zoom out is make it bigger) so always do that prior to using the joy stick I (found out this the hard way).
1. There should be 2 very little alien screws on the mount one when loosened tilts the projector from left to right and the other one from front to back. The larger alien screw is to tighten the mount to the down rod ignore that for now but it needs to be snug. I used a small 6" level on the top of my projector to get it level. Do one at a time first level from side to side (tighten) then level from front to back (tighten). Check level again since everything can move when you tighten. (Mark Haflich is sort of right here so we will get to that latter)
2. Reset the projector like someone else said. Now your image is shooting up on the ceiling not the screen. Zoom out, the image will start to drop keep zooming until the image is on the screen as it gets near the proper height of the screen it will be either too high or too low. Go into the menu and flip it for ceiling mount.
3. You have to set the 16x9 first not 2.40:1. Get a movie like avatar or something you know is 16x9 (chick flick)(if there are no bars what so ever when played on the TV it is 16x9) and put in the player skip the previews and start the movie then pause on a decent bright screen full of color.
4. Remember Joy stick adjusts your height on 16x9 and width on 2.40:1. Use the joy stick behind the cover to the left of the lens and raise or lower the image keep zooming in or out and using the joy stick until the image is very close to the top and bottom edge of the screen.
5. This is where you will either be aligned or the image is shorter on one side like you were talking about. If you are within 1/16” 1/8” to 1/4" I would not worry too much (you can just zoom to fill the screen) but if it is an inch like you said then you need to adjust the projector on the rod. (I am kind of anal so 1/16” was too much for me to handle LOL) Loosen the large alien screw that keeps the projector from turning on the rod and turn the entire projector either clock wise or counter clock wise until you have the desired results. Tighten the alien screw
6. If the image is the same height on both sides but it is going up or down hill left to right then this is your first side to side alien screw adjustment. (This is what Mark Haflich is talking about the screen seems level and the projector seems level but they are not level to each other if that makes sense) You need to loosen it and make the image parallel to the screen top and bottom.
7. Zoom out to fill the screen using the joy stick to bring the image up or down as you go. Tighten the joy stick when you think it is perfect
8. Focus as best you can, the focus button on the remote has several focus screens with lines but then will let you focus the image that is projected. You just need to toggle through it. I like to do fine tuning on focus on someone’s hair.
9. Your height 16x9 image is done! Save this in memory as 16x9. Your screen should now be full height on your screen with a 16x9 image playing with the bars on the sides. (don’t worry if the bars are not the same size yet)
10. Now it is time to adjust the 2.40:1 remember we only use the joystick to adjust width for 2.40:1 so try not to move it up or down as this will screw up you 16x9 image. Put in a 2.40:1 image or 2.35:1 image your choice. Use the zoom to fill the screen from left to right the image will drop off the screen this is alright. If the image goes off one side of the screen before it gets to the other you will use the joy stick to shift it left or right and zoom until it is perfect side to side. (Do not raise the image with the joy stick)
11. Use the V-Area Position in the menu to raise the picture not the joy stick. Move V-Area Position until you have image where you want it. Now use the frigging joy stick again trying to move left and right without going up or down. Zoom in or out as you go using the V-area, and joystick to get it perfect. Tighten the joy stick focus and save this as your 2.35:1 format in memory.
12. Your 2.35:1 image is done Save this in memory as 2.35:1. Your screen should now be full height on your screen with a 2.35:1 image filling the screen.
13. You have to go back to #3 because you may have raised or lowered the 16x9 image when using the friging joy stick. When you put in your 16x9 source you need to go to memory and load the saved 16x9 memory location if you are lucky you did not screw anything up. If it is really bad you need to start over if just minor use the V-Area Position to correct it. Either way resave this in the 16x9 location. Then check the 2.40:1 again. It is sort of a circle. Again I am anal so I went around the circle about 3 times.
14. Now is the time you can center your 16x9 if you like. (bars are same size on both sides ) put in your 16x9 source load the saved 16x9 memory location and then use H-Area Position to move the image left to right. Re save this over your 16x9 memory location.
14. Turn auto on and select the 2 memory images you saved and enjoy.
Found it, thx. I am setting it up right, but doing something wrong. Auto on is probably what I did not do.

My System

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Jvc Dla X35 3d Hd Front Projector , Panasonic Pt Ae7000u 1080p Full Hd Projector , Panasonic Pt Ae4000u 1600 Lumen Lcd Home Theater Projector , Sony Vpl Hw50es 3d Projector , Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor , Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page