Official Owners' Thread, Panasonic PT-AE8000U (US version) PT-AT6000E (European version) - Page 130 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3871 of 3875 Old Today, 10:21 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasBorn View Post
I just got my 133'' SI 2.35:1 screen mounted and went to dial in the PT-AE8000u projector and I cant seem to get the image focused at all unless it is zoomed all the way to the largest size which is larger than my screen. If I put the test pattern up with it zoomed to its default smaller size and try to focus with remote and by the controls on the side of the projector it doesnt do anything or ever focus tried +&-. Maybe it is a defective unit? The instructions say it could be over tilted but even at level it wasnt doing anything.

Is there a trick to getting this thing sized up to my screen? I tried using The Hobbit in 2.4:1 and the focus wasn't working and couldnt figure out how to zoom it both height and width to save in memory since every thing goes blurry when I zoom.

I have it hanging from 11' ceiling using a 2.5' extension and is about 15' back from the screen.
Is your pj brand new? If so, I would double check none of the packing material is behind the lens in the cavity. The 8000 comes with like 8 pieces of foam to protect the lens...I remember I had one fall back into the cavity and was limiting focus. Just a thought to eliminate one thing. Hopefully it's nothing more serious.

---------------------------------------------------------------
for sale/trade: Final Price Drop ~ BNIB LG OLED Curved TV 55EA9800 ~Best Black Levels Ever~ 3-yr Extended Warranty Included
ht: LCR JTR 212HT~Surr. Four JTR 8LP~Hi/Wi Four Elemental Designs Cinema 6 eD6c~Subs Two JTR Orbit Shifter LFU~AV Marantz SR7008

Last edited by asoofi1; Today at 10:28 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3872 of 3875 Old Today, 03:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yes brand new and I made sure even at level on mount it will not focus at all. If I open the cover to look for foam will it void my warranty and I assume the zoom mechanism is behind the lens?
post #3873 of 3875 Old Today, 03:48 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Yes brand new and I made sure even at level on mount it will not focus at all. If I open the cover to look for foam will it void my warranty and I assume the zoom mechanism is behind the lens?
Did you remove the foam from around the lens? It's square and between the lens frame and body of the projector.
post #3874 of 3875 Old Today, 05:23 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Crisis averted; the foam around the lens was still in place. Now it will focus and I have the screen height zoomed in almost perfectly. Basically right now I have a 16:9 image since the test pattern is full top and bottom with room onthe sides right? On a 2.35 screen how do I do the horizontal image stretch to fill the full screen on a 2.35 movie like I am Legend or The Hobbit?
post #3875 of 3875 Old Today, 05:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 672 Post(s)
Liked: 330
Quote:
On a 2.35 screen how do I do the horizontal image stretch to fill the full screen on a 2.35 movie like I am Legend or The Hobbit?
Zoom to fill the screen or buy an anamorphic lens. If zooming you'll need to take the black bars that spill over the edge of the screen on top and bottom into consideration. You'd want to put up masking to make sure the black bars aren't a visible distraction.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Crazy Projector Journey!

For Sale: Marantz VP-15S1 1080p High End DLP Projector - $1295
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Jvc Dla X35 3d Hd Front Projector , Panasonic Pt Ae7000u 1080p Full Hd Projector , Panasonic Pt Ae4000u 1600 Lumen Lcd Home Theater Projector , Sony Vpl Hw50es 3d Projector , Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor , Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector
Gear in this thread