Official Owners' Thread, Panasonic PT-AE8000U (US version) PT-AT6000E (European version) - Page 131 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3901 of 3902 Old Today, 12:28 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by brwsaw View Post
Would centering H&V also add to other areas like overall picture quality, focus or depth? I can and would lower mine if the benefit outweighed the fact I block the screen when I stand up.
Not a noticeable benefit...perhaps very minor measurable change in brightness...the 8000 is designed to focus/keystone/zoom within the range of the V&H shifts....If you can get V&H dead center...why not...But raising it up from that point a few feet to avoid heads is an insignificant change practically speaking. Personally, I don't think I'll be ceiling mounting as I had planned...just to keep lumens as high as possible (for a larger screen) and keeping keystone adjustments to a minimum.

---------------------------------------------------------------
for sale/trade: Final Price Drop ~ BNIB LG OLED Curved TV 55EA9800 ~Best Black Levels Ever~ 3-yr Extended Warranty Included
ht: LCR JTR 212HT~Surr. Four JTR 8LP~Hi/Wi Four Elemental Designs Cinema 6 eD6c~Subs Two JTR Orbit Shifter LFU~AV Marantz SR7008
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3902 of 3902 Old Today, 12:47 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by asoofi1 View Post
Not a noticeable benefit...perhaps very minor measurable change in brightness...the 8000 is designed to focus/keystone/zoom within the range of the V&H shifts....If you can get V&H dead center...why not...But raising it up from that point a few feet to avoid heads is an insignificant change practically speaking. Personally, I don't think I'll be ceiling mounting as I had planned...just to keep lumens as high as possible (for a larger screen) and keeping keystone adjustments to a minimum.
Thanks, I figured it was worth asking.
Eco in our room is plenty bright so it can stay where it is.
Sounds like I lucked out, I didn't need any digital shifting or keystone correction just a quick knob adjustment and we were good to go.
Just the other day my youngest asked me to max out the screen (he was playing Minecraft at the time) to see how it looked. Knob,zoom and focus completed in ~15 seconds.
11' from 140" diagonal 16:9 image is pretty nice for gaming. Just wish PSN was back up.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Jvc Dla X35 3d Hd Front Projector , Panasonic Pt Ae7000u 1080p Full Hd Projector , Panasonic Pt Ae4000u 1600 Lumen Lcd Home Theater Projector , Sony Vpl Hw50es 3d Projector , Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor , Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page