Official Owners' Thread, Panasonic PT-AE8000U (US version) PT-AT6000E (European version) - Page 134 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #3991 of 4009 Old Yesterday, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 876 Post(s)
Liked: 938
1499 brand new is a steal!!!!

Panasonic 65VT30 | Panasonic AE8000 HD PJ | Denon x4100 ATMOS 5.2.4| Emotiva XPA-5 | PSA MT110 x 3 FL/C/FR | PSB B4's | DUAL PSA XS30 | OPPO 103 | minidsp | Buttkicker LFE

the SadieMax HT build thread - my first build
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3992 of 4009 Old Yesterday, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianhoakes View Post
Just pulled the trigger on this projector will be going 140XD with the Masking panels (I went with Non AT panels) going to move my speakers in 19" or so -

thanks for all your feedback ... BTW bought through a large dealer this morning online before they opened and there was a price drop on the 8000 today ! they notified me of the price drop. I was expecting to be pitched a extended warranty etc.... no funny business just good old customer service .. very refreshing ....

Thanks All !!!
Just my 2 cents... We moved our left and right speakers to the outer edges of the screen, and it improved the sound stage to where sounds were then coming from where they were on the screen.

Denon 4520ci, (3) JBL 2360As/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, MiniDSP 2x4s, (4) Klipsch HIPs,  PS3, XBox 360, (3) Intel NUCs, Redmere, Monster HTPS7000, 2 HTS-10 subs, Panasonic AE8000, SeymourAV 180 (195" diagonal) scope screen, Darbee Darcet, Yamaha P7000s, (2) Yamaha P2500s, & (3) Topping 25wpch T chip amps.
The Ellis Family Go Big or go Home HT
post #3993 of 4009 Old Yesterday, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisr63 View Post
Just my 2 cents... We moved our left and right speakers to the outer edges of the screen, and it improved the sound stage to where sounds were then coming from where they were on the screen.
agreed...only time i HATE this though..is when the actor is on the extreme side of the scope screen but the mixer left the dialogue in the center channel...screws with imaging...
ellisr63 likes this.

Panasonic 65VT30 | Panasonic AE8000 HD PJ | Denon x4100 ATMOS 5.2.4| Emotiva XPA-5 | PSA MT110 x 3 FL/C/FR | PSB B4's | DUAL PSA XS30 | OPPO 103 | minidsp | Buttkicker LFE

post #3994 of 4009 Old Yesterday, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 903 Post(s)
Liked: 980
@brianhoakes ,

There are only three authorized retailers right now for projectors from Panasonic.

B&H Photo
Projector People
and
AIG

Make sure you purchased from one of these three (they are now on sale at $1500 through 2/9/15) to ensure you have warranty coverage!

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"
Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
2012 KC Blind Sub Shootout
My Subwoofer Recommendations by Pricepoint
post #3995 of 4009 Old Yesterday, 12:12 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked: 168
^ and panasonic is ocd about warranties and rebates. $1500 is a fantastic price.

---------------------------------------------------------------
gear: LCR JTR 212HT~Surr. Four JTR 8LP~Hi/Wi Four Elemental Designs Cinema 6 eD6c~Subs Two JTR Orbit Shifter LFU~AV Marantz SR7008
post #3996 of 4009 Old Yesterday, 12:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yep it was one of the 3 mentioned... I have been keeping up with projectors for about 12 years now in hopes to finally have our "forever home" to build out a space .... I never thought that I would spend as little as 1500.00 for a quality projector... got to love moore's law and competition.

On a different note - might need to post in different area - does ATMOS support Front Wide Channels ? if so I might keep my inwall Triads inside the masking area.
post #3997 of 4009 Old Yesterday, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

yes in a 7.1.4 it does...

LCR + SR + SL + FWR + FWL . SW . Ceiling speakers

post #3998 of 4009 Old Yesterday, 12:54 PM
Advanced Member

Last I remember, i didnt think atmos supported wides...maybe I confused it with something else then...

To get a better pj with similar features would be 3k-4k...like the jvc 4910. But I like the savings over the improvements a higher model may offer. Plus, I'll wait to upgrade for a laser pj when they go mainstream then spend more right now...the 8000 will hold over just fine till then.

gear: LCR JTR 212HT~Surr. Four JTR 8LP~Hi/Wi Four Elemental Designs Cinema 6 eD6c~Subs Two JTR Orbit Shifter LFU~AV Marantz SR7008

Last edited by asoofi1; Yesterday at 12:59 PM.
post #3999 of 4009 Old Yesterday, 01:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I am wiring for 9.1.4 but will be running 7.1 on a 4 year old Denon until Atmos is out for a while ...
post #4000 of 4009 Old Yesterday, 07:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have a PT-AU4000U and am considering upgrading to the 8000U. I don't care about 3D. Two questions: This is a great price, but is it worth the upgrade in terms of picture quality and other features? and if I'm not using 3D, will I need to upgrade my HDMI cables? I run a 25-foot HDMI cable to the projector from my Onkyo TXNR 3009 receiver.
post #4001 of 4009 Old Yesterday, 08:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailwalker View Post
I have a PT-AU4000U and am considering upgrading to the 8000U. I don't care about 3D. Two questions: This is a great price, but is it worth the upgrade in terms of picture quality and other features? and if I'm not using 3D, will I need to upgrade my HDMI cables? I run a 25-foot HDMI cable to the projector from my Onkyo TXNR 3009 receiver.
Yes, worth it. You won't need new hdmi, but if you got the urge, the cable is priced very low on monoprice...cheaper if a deal comes on slickdeals.net.
Trailwalker likes this.

post #4002 of 4009 Old Yesterday, 09:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Just saw that new price. Makes me think it's now worth it to upgrade from my AE7000. They must be about to announce a 4K.

Last edited by Carey P; Yesterday at 09:23 PM.
post #4003 of 4009 Old Yesterday, 09:50 PM
AVS Special Member

I predict Panasonic is getting out of the projector business.

Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
post #4004 of 4009 Old Today, 06:58 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
This triggered my alert on slickdeals.. I know that this is a fantastic price but I am not in a hurry since I don't have a dedicated space yet! Anyone has any thoughts of this going any lower or should I just snap one up now?? Thanks!!!
post #4005 of 4009 Old Today, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

If you don't have an end date in sight for your theater space and will leave this boxed up it's a tough call. Will it be a few years? 4K will be here by then?

This deal has a nice 3 year warranty, and it is quite a nice projector at an unbeatable price. It just depends on how long your theater completion roadmap is. Having seen a lot of projectors in home theater setups with my g2g travels -- 1080p doesn't get that much better than this IMO --- which is probably why Panasonic hasn't released a new model since late 2012. (If they aren't trying to get out of the projector business entirely).
ellisr63 likes this.

Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
post #4006 of 4009 Old Today, 08:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Upgrade: Yes.
Cables: No.

Mike
Trailwalker likes this.
post #4007 of 4009 Old Today, 11:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_ny View Post
This triggered my alert on slickdeals.. I know that this is a fantastic price but I am not in a hurry since I don't have a dedicated space yet! Anyone has any thoughts of this going any lower or should I just snap one up now?? Thanks!!!
Brand new with lens memory motorized focus 1080p pj with 3 yr warranty...ur set for 3 years until next gen tech picks up and is more cost effective. This is a proven pj for 3+ yrs. More pros than cons. Get it if you can use it within a few months. Price may drop more in 6 months if they closeout the model...but maybe 100 or 200 more. Worth the wait? Nah.
ellisr63 likes this.

post #4008 of 4009 Old Today, 04:24 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
If you don't have an end date in sight for your theater space and will leave this boxed up it's a tough call. Will it be a few years? 4K will be here by then?

This deal has a nice 3 year warranty, and it is quite a nice projector at an unbeatable price. It just depends on how long your theater completion roadmap is. Having seen a lot of projectors in home theater setups with my g2g travels -- 1080p doesn't get that much better than this IMO --- which is probably why Panasonic hasn't released a new model since late 2012. (If they aren't trying to get out of the projector business entirely).
When are the 4K ones estimated to hit the market? I do have space for a dedicated theater but it is in the attic (no basement in this house) .. my idea was not to try and build one until we move to a place that has a basement for which we have no set timeline right now. Maybe this purchase will push me to actually make use of the fantastic finished attic space we have! Btw, I looked at the pictures of your setup it looks awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asoofi1 View Post
Brand new with lens memory motorized focus 1080p pj with 3 yr warranty...ur set for 3 years until next gen tech picks up and is more cost effective. This is a proven pj for 3+ yrs. More pros than cons. Get it if you can use it within a few months. Price may drop more in 6 months if they closeout the model...but maybe 100 or 200 more. Worth the wait? Nah.
It sounded like this was on sale around $1799 during BF and now it has dropped to $1499. I was trying to figure out has this pretty much bottomed out at this price point or is there more room for it to come down in price since there is no *burning* need for one right this moment. But from what you said, if the play is only for another $100 - 200 bucks might as well pick one up now and start enjoying it!

Also, which seller is preferred bhphoto or projector central in terms of service if you end up with some issue with the product?
post #4009 of 4009 Unread Today, 06:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_ny View Post
When are the 4K ones estimated to hit the market? I do have space for a dedicated theater but it is in the attic (no basement in this house) .. my idea was not to try and build one until we move to a place that has a basement for which we have no set timeline right now. Maybe this purchase will push me to actually make use of the fantastic finished attic space we have! Btw, I looked at the pictures of your setup it looks awesome!

It sounded like this was on sale around $1799 during BF and now it has dropped to $1499. I was trying to figure out has this pretty much bottomed out at this price point or is there more room for it to come down in price since there is no *burning* need for one right this moment. But from what you said, if the play is only for another $100 - 200 bucks might as well pick one up now and start enjoying it!

Also, which seller is preferred bhphoto or projector central in terms of service if you end up with some issue with the product?
BF deal was 1599 at BH and some others. BH is fast and reliable...service is great. I buy lots of things from there. Use their mobile app on your phone and checkout with Google Wallet in there... you might get an extra $25 off if they are still offering the promo for using their app&GW. You can still input any credit card.

4k coming to $1500 price range is a long way off...couple years at minimum is my guess. 1080p is plenty... I've using a 176" and no pixels can be seen from more than 6'+ feet anyway.

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Jvc Dla X35 3d Hd Front Projector , Panasonic Pt Ae7000u 1080p Full Hd Projector , Panasonic Pt Ae4000u 1600 Lumen Lcd Home Theater Projector , Sony Vpl Hw50es 3d Projector , Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor , Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector
Gear in this thread - Ae7000u by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page