Official Owners' Thread, Panasonic PT-AE8000U (US version) PT-AT6000E (European version) - Page 136 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #4051 of 4053 Unread Today, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Be sure you get a High speed HDMI cable for 3D. Used to be referred to as 1.4.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4052 of 4053 Unread Today, 07:21 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by deano86 View Post
I wouldn't purchase the PS3 glasses for your own every use glasses... Even though functionally they work great, comfort-wise they suck... They are heavy and the temples squeeze your head above your ears to the point of making your head hurt. They would be fine for extras though.... for guest viewers..

I would definitely stick with the Panasonic TY-EW3d3m 3rd generation glasses as they work great and are nice and light (27 grams) and comfortable. Plus they hold a charge for a very long time... many movie viewings on a single charge.

I haven't personally used the Vue glasses...but with the non rechargeable battery and the flat wide open at the side style, they appear very similar to the Panasonic 1st gen glasses which had problems with reflected light getting in from the side due to that same open design...

On a side note, if the price of the PS3 glasses is too tempting to pass up, but you do find that the temples are indeed too tight... you can do the boiling water adjustment trick! Fill a tall mug or glass with boiling water and hold one of the temples in the water for about 30 seconds. Then take it out and carefully bend the end of the temple outward a bit and hold it there. You can then "set" it by putting it in some ice water. I did this trick on a couple pairs and it worked well to take the extra pressure off of my head....although they still are about twice as heavy as the Panny glasses which makes them just bit uncomfortable in that respect yet...

I was wondering if these glasses are compatible, they are on sale at bestbuy. Maybe the 4 means next generation to what you recommended above?

Panasonic - Active Shutter 3D Glasses - Black
Model: TY-ER3D4MU SKU: 4853738
Compatible with Panasonic DT50, GT50, ST50, UT50, VT50, WT50 and XT50 series TVs; rechargeable lithium-ion battery; lightweight design
4.3 (182 Reviews)
Check Shipping & Availability

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #4053 of 4053 Unread Today, 08:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmalibu View Post
I was wondering if these glasses are compatible, they are on sale at bestbuy. Maybe the 4 means next generation to what you recommended above?

Panasonic - Active Shutter 3D Glasses - Black
Model: TY-ER3D4MU SKU: 4853738
Compatible with Panasonic DT50, GT50, ST50, UT50, VT50, WT50 and XT50 series TVs; rechargeable lithium-ion battery; lightweight design
4.3 (182 Reviews)
Check Shipping & Availability

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Those are the next gen RF glasses... and unfortunately you need the IR glasses...With the Panasonic models you need to look for TY-EW in the prefix...
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Jvc Dla X35 3d Hd Front Projector , Panasonic Pt Ae7000u 1080p Full Hd Projector , Panasonic Pt Ae4000u 1600 Lumen Lcd Home Theater Projector , Sony Vpl Hw50es 3d Projector , Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor , Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector
Gear in this thread - Ae7000u by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page