Official Owners' Thread, Panasonic PT-AE8000U (US version) PT-AT6000E (European version) - Page 141 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #4201 of 4211 Old Yesterday, 10:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Liked: 313
Do we know what will replace the 8000 and when it will be released?

In A/V reproduction accuracy, there is no concept of "accounting for taste". We don't "pick" the level of bass, etc., any more than we pick the ending of a play. High fidelity means an unmodified, neutral, exact copy (or "reproduction") of the original artist's tonal balance, timing, dynamics, etc..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4202 of 4211 Old Today, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 56
From what I hear from the guys at the Panasonic warranty shop, there won't be a replacement for the 8000.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #4203 of 4211 Old Today, 07:30 AM

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkihara View Post
ChannelMaster DVR+ Crashes When Connected to PT-AE8000

My ChannelMaster DVR+ will either not turn on or if forced to reboot will lock up with a magenta screen if connected to my PT-AE8000. I had no problems when connected to my previous PT-AE4000. I returned the unit to ChannelMaster which found nothing wrong. After I isolated the problem to being the DVR, ChannelMaster indicated that it was a problem with HTCP and implied they will not be fixing this. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

I also posted in the DVR+ owners thread several days ago, but no response.
Is yours connected directly to the projector? I am using a dvr+ as well and have not had any issues. Mine is going through my receiver first though...
post #4204 of 4211 Old Today, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 155
post #4205 of 4211 Old Today, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw5billwade View Post
Probably not a replacement maybe a 4k
I think Panasonic is getting out of the HT PJ business.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #4206 of 4211 Old Today, 09:02 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
My ChannelMaster DVR+ will either not turn on or if forced to reboot will lock up with a magenta screen if connected to my PT-AE8000. . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by mecmec View Post
Is yours connected directly to the projector? I am using a dvr+ as well and have not had any issues. Mine is going through my receiver first though...
It's passing through my Yamaha receiver, which worked with my PT-AE4000. I'll try connecting it directly.
post #4207 of 4211 Old Today, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Liked: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
I think Panasonic is getting out of the HT PJ business.
Oh noes. They are my go to brand! I have had them for over a decade.

In A/V reproduction accuracy, there is no concept of "accounting for taste". We don't "pick" the level of bass, etc., any more than we pick the ending of a play. High fidelity means an unmodified, neutral, exact copy (or "reproduction") of the original artist's tonal balance, timing, dynamics, etc..
post #4208 of 4211 Old Today, 11:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Excessive blooming will most likely be a result of too high of a contrast setting, not the brightness.
post #4209 of 4211 Old Today, 01:39 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

I've had the pj for approx. 2 weeks now. I'm pretty darn happy with it so far. During the calibration process, specifically contrast adjustment, I noticed a pinkish hue along the lower quarter of the screen. The pj is ceiling mounted to an elevation of approx. 7' 4" from the floor. I'm projecting onto a 92" 1.0 gain screen, 14 feet away. The center of the screen is 4' 4" from the floor. Horizontally, the pj is located within a couple of inches from center. I've noticed this in all picture modes. Disabling the dynamic iris makes the problem less noticeable.

On a second note; I've had to use the HDMI 2 input, as the pj would connect then disconnect repeatedly when using HDMI 1 input. I do have occasional disconnect problems with HDMI 2 input, but 2 seems to be a better choice. My cable length is approx. 50 feet long, and I suspect that might be the issue. I will try adding a HDMI signal booster.

I haven't found anything in the user manual, regarding which HDMI input to use for 3D viewing. Am I to assume that all three HDMI inputs will accept a 3D signal? As of this time I don't have the ability to view any 3D material, but soon I hope to.

Enjoy Listening!
Dave

I don't believe in astrology; I'm a Sagittarius and we're skeptical.
(Arthur C. Clarke)
post #4210 of 4211 Old Today, 01:41 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I think in my case it is a malfunction, as I've brought both contrast & brightness to lowest level in all modes with no improvement. Think I will have to see if I can exchange it for a new one.
post #4211 of 4211 Old Today, 05:05 PM

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkihara View Post
It's passing through my Yamaha receiver, which worked with my PT-AE4000. I'll try connecting it directly.
well, thats interesting...mine is going through my marantz through a darblet to my projector and works fine...
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Jvc Dla X35 3d Hd Front Projector , Panasonic Pt Ae7000u 1080p Full Hd Projector , Panasonic Pt Ae4000u 1600 Lumen Lcd Home Theater Projector , Sony Vpl Hw50es 3d Projector , Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor , Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector
Gear in this thread - Ae7000u by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page