Official Owners' Thread, Panasonic PT-AE8000U (US version) PT-AT6000E (European version) - Page 144 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #4291 of 4294 Old 03-25-2015, 06:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdaub1 View Post
Got the RMA and took it to FedX at 12:30 for return and got tracking info on the new projector which had been sent at 9pm the same day and should have the new one Wednesday. Could not ask for better service than that by VisualApex.
Just hope this new one is issue free
Just a quick update. Received my new AE8000U from VisualApex today and quickly set it up. Everything seems perfect out of the box so far. Will give it 25 hours or so before I do a full calibration but happy so far. Really like to commend VisualApex for their great customer service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4292 of 4294 Old 03-26-2015, 11:28 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by 645824 View Post
To all,

This is a follow-up to my previous posts on this topic (post# 4243 and 4264).

I received a new projector from ProjectorPeople and sent the old one back to them. The two attached photos show the comparison between OLD and NEW.

The old one really was bad... On the new projector I can see individual pixels as well defined squares. On the old projector, everything blurred together; and bloomed.

The settings are otherwise the same between the two projectors.

"old" = LOAD = old.png
"new" = FOCUS = new.png

Thanks,

Scott
I have gone through quite a number of AE7000 and AE8000 units. I have never seen one that looks as good as the new one you have. The first picture is much closer to what I've come to expect from these units. If I had received one that looked like yours I would have been blown away. I have come to the conclusion that Panasonic has terrible quality control. My entire experience with them was just round after round of disappointment and frustration.

If anyone followed my experience through the AE7000 thread and AE8000 thread you know that Panasonic damaged my projector during repair and then took months and a BBB complaint to do anything about it. In that time their e-mail response time went over a week PER E-MAIL! When calling them on the phone the support representatives simply stated that the engineers were in possession of the projector and had not responded to their status inquiries. This went on for a long time. After my complaint with the BBB they relented and sent me a new PT-AE8000U. After a few hours it developed SEVERE blooming. Nothing would correct it. It looked awful. It was not watchable. I sent it in for repair. Another two weeks with pretty much no information. My wife called the rep that had been assigned my issue after the BBB complaint and he asked if I had used the unit in a place with smoke or a fog machine. Of course I used it in a theater room with no such environmental issues. They had apparently sent the unit to Japan trying to diagnose it. He stated that they had sent me a replacement unit the day before. I knew that was nonsense as I get alerted almost immediately by either UPS or Fedex when a shipping label has been created for a delivery to my house. About an hour and a half after the phone call they created a shipping label and sent the projector out that night. The projector that arrived was good enough for me to feel comfortable selling. I'm done with Panasonic projectors.

I purchased a Sony VPL-HW55ES from AVS. It has been amazing. It is a better projector in every single way. It wasn't cheap but how much is my sanity worth? Anyway, don't let Panasonic support push you around. They will call you a liar if you show them pictures like the one on the left of the quoted post. They will say you are intentionally taking an unfocused picture to exaggerate perceived issues with your unit. If you tell them it is the best possible focus they will call you a liar even more bluntly. I had to record a video of me focusing back and forth over the focus range before they would accept that the unit couldn't be focused. They are unprofessional and they refuse to believe that their projectors are defective. Give them the chances they deserve. If they aren't making it right then file a complaint with the BBB. Don't wait as long as I did.
post #4293 of 4294 Unread Today, 09:40 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Issues with Ptae8000u

So I've had this projector since it came out and I have always had hdmi issues. It is connected to my Integra 70.2 receiver which was sent it for a total overhaul and I asked them to replace the hdmi board which they did do. What was happening was when I turned on the stuff, it would just flash black at the inputs. Still does it but I've found that I switch inputs on the receiver and then back again or on the projector and then back again to the input that I want to watch and then it will usually lock in. I have a 4k high end hdmi cable running to the projector from the integra. The integra is only running in "pass through mode" and what is more annoying than anything is it will have a quick freeze of the picture on a routine basis. Easiest way to see this is when the credits are rolling and as they move up and you can see the people's names horizontally the whole picture will almost skip back a frame or two dropping the writing down and then continues up. It is very annoying. I don't know if there is a way to capture it? Suggestions on that to be able to post. I've even tried running the source directly through to the projector. Still does it.
Any help or suggestions would be great.
Thanks
D.
post #4294 of 4294 Unread Today, 10:56 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by 645824 View Post
On the new projector I can see individual pixels as well defined squares.
That's the best focus I've seen so far; I replaced mine under RMA and it's still not that good.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Jvc Dla X35 3d Hd Front Projector , Panasonic Pt Ae7000u 1080p Full Hd Projector , Panasonic Pt Ae4000u 1600 Lumen Lcd Home Theater Projector , Sony Vpl Hw50es 3d Projector , Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor , Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector
Gear in this thread - Ae7000u by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page