Official Owners' Thread, Panasonic PT-AE8000U (US version) PT-AT6000E (European version) - Page 146 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #4351 of 4357 Unread Today, 05:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 61
granroth: Keystone digitally alters the picture so it won't be as pristine as without it. Can't you mount the PJ lower or raise the screen?

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4352 of 4357 Unread Today, 06:41 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is this still a valid contender in 2015

I am looking at upgrading my epson TW2000 and this is the cheapest projector available to me at present in the uk. Works out around $1500. The espson 5030 is nearly twice as much at around $2800
post #4353 of 4357 Unread Today, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by kassysimon View Post
Hey there. I've installed my PJ at a similar height to yours with a 2.35:1 screen and I have had no image issues. The PJ is 5.7 from the screen.

I have to same mount too.

You can angle the mount down and set the image with vertical and horizontal and keystone settings. Keystone will straighten out a projection that is wider or narrower at the top or bottom. Vertical and horizontal will offset the image if the PJ isn't centred exactly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
granroth: Keystone digitally alters the picture so it won't be as pristine as without it. Can't you mount the PJ lower or raise the screen?
Thanks, guys!

I'm aware of the general concepts of lens shift and keystone correction, but don't yet know the specifics on how those interplay with my new Panny. I was wondering if the lens shift can compensate for those 2", but it does sound like from your descriptions that it won't and that I'd need to keystone it.

The reason I was confused was because the manual does talk about 100% vertical shift, but it wasn't clear from their description if keystone was involved or not at that point.

Well, I am in the process of mounting it now and I'll do my own experimenting.

And yes, I am definitely capable of lowering the PJ if necessary (using an extension rod) or possibly raising the screen (dunno yet). Knowing the capabilities and ramifications of the projector will determine if I need to do either.
post #4354 of 4357 Unread Today, 02:55 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
My pj is a full 8" above the top of the screen and I use almost all of the available horizontal lens shift as well, and I don't need keystone correction at all.
asoofi1 likes this.
post #4355 of 4357 Unread Today, 03:17 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Here are pictures of my lens shift details. The lens is 8" higher than the top of the screen, and about 17" left of center. As you can see by looking at the lens shift joystick, if I didn't need so much horizontal shift, I'd still have plenty more vertical range left.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1430000158893.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	686049   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1430000176906.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	151.9 KB
ID:	686057   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1430000202525.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	188.1 KB
ID:	686065  
asoofi1 and granroth like this.
post #4356 of 4357 Unread Today, 04:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by FGEvans View Post
Is this still a valid contender in 2015

I am looking at upgrading my epson TW2000 and this is the cheapest projector available to me at present in the uk. Works out around $1500. The espson 5030 is nearly twice as much at around $2800
It's a great contender if 2.35 screen is important to you...the auto lens shift is just a fantastic feature. It's still a very good contender even if 1.78 is your screen.

Add to this the flexibility in the installation options exceeds other pjs in the same class. Coincidentally, the recent posts are talking about offsetting the pj's install, which this pj can do without compromising pq from a few inches to several feet... @DKaps gave a perfect example.

Finally, at a price of 1499 or less, it's an excellent value that will hold you over for at least 3-5 years so you can justify upgrading to a UHD pj when more 4k material is widespread.

---------------------------------------------------------------
gear: 3x JTR 212HT ~ 4x JTR 8LP ~ 2x JTR Orbit Shifter LFU ~ 11x Elemental Designs eD6c ~ Marantz SR7008 ~ Panasonic PT-AE8000U ~ Elite 176" 2.35 ATS

Last edited by asoofi1; Today at 04:24 PM.
post #4357 of 4357 Unread Today, 05:12 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
is this bright enough for 3d if i dont own a man cave - i am talking about watching some 3d films at night but with white walls and some ambient low lighting.

i understand that there is a big drop in brightness and that even though its classed as 2400 lumens in reality its not very bright (according to some reviews)

also does it need any special mount for the ceiling - i used to own a PT1000 (the first in the range and i have a mount for that which has worked for my epson as well) . will this fit the PT8000
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Jvc Dla X35 3d Hd Front Projector , Panasonic Pt Ae7000u 1080p Full Hd Projector , Panasonic Pt Ae4000u 1600 Lumen Lcd Home Theater Projector , Sony Vpl Hw50es 3d Projector , Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor , Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector
Gear in this thread - Ae7000u by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page