Official Owners' Thread, Panasonic PT-AE8000U (US version) PT-AT6000E (European version) - Page 148 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #4411 of 4413 Unread 05-23-2015, 07:18 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubrown View Post
Hey everyone,

Just looking for some advice here, as i'm nearly ready to pull the trigger on an AE8000, but it seems like a lot of people are complaining about Black Levels. Especially when comparing to the JVC's.

I can accept that the JVC X500 is a better projector... it should be, as it is significantly more. In Canada, I can get this projector for $2200 vs $5000 for the JVC. Its a substantial difference.

My question is, for all of you who own the Panny, Would you spend more than double for the JVC if you were buying today? Any regrets with the AE8000?

I should add that the main reason I am looking at these two models is for the lens memories. I will be projecting onto a 130-138" 2.35 AT screen from about 15 ft away, in a light controlled, dedicated theater.

Keep in mind you are asking this question in the AE-8000's owner's thread and the answers will be biased of course, towards purchasing the AE-8000.

Ask this same question in any of the JVC owner's thread and of course they will say get the JVC.

It really is up to you to draw the line and decide what YOUR needs are and how long you can stretch your bugdet.

Efrain "AviatorBimmer" Ruiz, aka. ERuiz

Samsung UN65JS8500
ERuiz's Samsung UN65JS8500 Calibration
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4412 of 4413 Unread 05-23-2015, 08:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 662 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by m. zillch View Post
Here, without me lifting a finger, you can see that the auto calibration has indeed placed the 100% and 0% levels exactly where they should be:

The horizontal line right above the words "HBO transmission test" shows where I placed the sampling scan line.

Big picture:
http://www.avsforum.com/photopost/sh...-color&cat=500
Select the bigger photo icon, a magnifier with a plus symbol in the center of it, in the lower right of that page.
Great idea. I've seen the off air too...def will dvr it myself. I did use the patterns on my wow disc as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------
gear: 3x JTR 212HT ~ 4x JTR 8LP ~ 2x JTR Orbit Shifter LFU ~ 11x Elemental Designs eD6c ~ Marantz SR7008 ~ Panasonic PT-AE8000U ~ Elite 176" 2.35 ATS
post #4413 of 4413 Unread Today, 03:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch1 View Post
I just sent mine in for warranty work. I have some kind of light leakage issue going on. basically I have a green/yellowish hue going from the bottom left to the top right. It's really throwing my black levels off and slightly changes the hue of colors. With that said I am hopeful Panasonic will be able to get it corrected for me. I do think the Panny is still a great value over the other units costing twice as much.

I know its hard to see the issue looking at a dark pic from a cellphone uploaded and compressed then loaded onto your PC monitor. But heres a pic of it none the less.

Please keep the forum updated on the outcome of this issue as my unit has exactly the same problem.

On my first observations I thought the bottom left & top right corners had light leakage as shadow detail on any low light scenes is quite poor, it is only when projecting full black that the green diagonal hue is seen.

I don't know if it is relevant to the problem but I have to raise one of the projector legs more than the other (sitting on a perfectly level shelf) to try to obtain a square image which still has a slightly droopy bottom right corner.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Jvc Dla X35 3d Hd Front Projector , Panasonic Pt Ae7000u 1080p Full Hd Projector , Panasonic Pt Ae4000u 1600 Lumen Lcd Home Theater Projector , Sony Vpl Hw50es 3d Projector , Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor , Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page