Official Owners' Thread, Panasonic PT-AE8000U (US version) PT-AT6000E (European version) - Page 153 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #4561 of 4573 Unread 07-17-2015, 07:12 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 27
EDIT:

nevermind, pebcak...

Last edited by purbeast; 07-17-2015 at 07:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4562 of 4573 Unread 07-21-2015, 11:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Blacks / Contrast Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch1 View Post
I am sending mine back in again. @Archaea and I did some comparisons between the ours last night at his house and mine looks horrible compared to his.

[see photo in related post]

Pretty easy to see.. Mine

I sent this photos in to Panasonic and they are adding them to my case from before. They haven't given the green light to send it in yet but it does sound promising.

I am hoping they can get it corrected. I really do like this projector for its features but the image on mine makes everything look bad/off.
Hi, just got an 8000 for $1500 and for the first week picture was perfect: stunning!

Now a month later I have precisely the same contrast / blacks issue you report: a green washout in a diagonal from lower-left to top-right, especially in corners.

The photos stitch1 posted in his comparison perfectly demonstrate what I see on my unit.

Since this issue has developed, my experience of this 8000 is more like the PT-AR100, which this unit replaces.

My situation is not as bad as the post-service image posted after the report, which shows a spectacularly worsened alignment.

My unit is still quite watchable. I figure some users wouldn't even notice what we're complaining about. But I notice and am missing the greatness which I have seen projector can deliver.

Previously I had a PT-AX100 that after a year developed scorched blue polarizer and looked terrible! I replaced the polarizer myself which was I huge challenge, and it was better but never returned to great, prolly because I don't know how to align properly.

After that I got PT-AR100 which was a certain step up from the AX100, but it developed a serious color gradient which makes watching B/W content gross.

Out o box the AE8000 was devastatingly good. But in a month has developed this blacks / contrast defect.

All three of my units have something in common: I purchased after big price reductions. This is total speculation but I am wondering if there's a connection between price drop Panasonic compensating for production variability / sort issues?

To stitch1: would you continue to describe your dialog with Panasonic Service?

I am concerned that if I engage Panasonic Service they already knows these units are marginal, and messing with it could make the situation worse.

Thanks
post #4563 of 4573 Unread 07-21-2015, 11:55 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Yes, I would. To me it's unacceptable. To most they probably wouldn't even notice. But it's a huge deal to me. I am lucky to live near the repair center. So, it's not a big deal to me to pack it up and take it to them. I am picking mine up from there after work today. I am very hopeful they were able to correct it this time. If not I am not sure what else to do but keep complaining to support.
post #4564 of 4573 Unread 07-21-2015, 04:16 PM
Advanced Member

Good news, I received my projector back and it seems they were able to fix it. Below is a pic of what it looks like now after getting it back.

[IMG=http://s771.photobucket.com/user/stitch1007/media/Home%20Theater%20Stuff/C90EDB4C-5B3D-4ECC-901B-A1AA7E7C1C59.jpg.html]
post #4565 of 4573 Unread 07-22-2015, 08:06 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 54
My projector is showing the message to replace the lamp, does AVS sell the replacement lamp?
post #4566 of 4573 Unread 07-23-2015, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch1 View Post
Good news, I received my projector back and it seems they were able to fix it. Below is a pic of what it looks like now after getting it back.

[IMG=http://s771.photobucket.com/user/stitch1007/media/Home%20Theater%20Stuff/C90EDB4C-5B3D-4ECC-901B-A1AA7E7C1C59.jpg.html]
Glad things turned out well for you.

Do you see much improvement during normal viewing ?

Did they give any indication of what the problem was or what part(s) needed to be fixed ?

Thanks in advance.
post #4567 of 4573 Unread 07-23-2015, 05:23 PM
Advanced Member

Yes the contrast is definitely a noticeable difference. The repair slip just said replaced optics.
post #4568 of 4573 Unread 07-23-2015, 06:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm going to replace my AE-3000U with the 8000U. I have a 7 yr old Pioneer VSX-1018AH receiver with HDMI 1.3a. Would I have any issues using the 8000 with that receiver? If not, should I still consider upgrading my receiver; would it make a big difference?

Also, is there more than one model for this projector? Some places list "2012 model". Is there a "2014" or "2015" version?

Last edited by jumpy; 07-23-2015 at 06:19 PM.
post #4569 of 4573 Unread 07-23-2015, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 550 Post(s)
Liked: 363
Your HDMI 1.3a won't pass 3D.
http://denon.custhelp.com/app/answer...1.4-and-2.0%3F

Depending on your source, you could still send 3D directly to one of the alternate HDMI ins on the 8000 and deal with the sound by other means [a secondary HDMI out or say a digital sound connection], otherwise you'll need a 3D switcher/splitter or a new receiver.

In A/V reproduction accuracy, there is no concept of "accounting for taste". We don't "pick" the level of bass, etc., any more than we pick the ending of a play. High fidelity means an unmodified, neutral, exact copy (or "reproduction") of the original artist's tonal balance, timing, dynamics, etc..
post #4570 of 4573 Unread 07-24-2015, 11:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello.

Just got my Pana PT-AT6000e. I do know it is the european model. I am from Denmark. It is my first projector. The last 7-8 years i have been thinking of buying one, so i am very happy, that it finally happened.

It is mounted to the ceiling with a Vogels ppc 1500 bracket.

It's hanging a bit above the top of the screen, which i was told, did not matter!

But i dont know how to correctly set the image position with the pana, so it fits the screen as it should? There seems to be "missing" a bit of the i afe in the upper left, and right corner. I did try to use keystone (you hate keystone, right?)

Also zoomed the picture so it went a couple of inches out of the screen, and then corrected using v-position and h-position, and a bit of keystone... Still not perfect though!

Is there a better way to get the picture right??

- René, Denmark.
post #4571 of 4573 Unread 07-24-2015, 11:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by René Christensen View Post
Hello.

Just got my Pana PT-AT6000e. I do know it is the european model. I am from Denmark. It is my first projector. The last 7-8 years i have been thinking of buying one, so i am very happy, that it finally happened.

It's hanging a bit above the top of the screen, which i was told, did not matter!

But i dont know how to correctly set the image position with the pana, so it fits the screen as it should? There seems to be "missing" a bit of the i afe in the upper left, and right corner. I did try to use keystone (you hate keystone, right?)

Also zoomed the picture so it went a couple of inches out of the screen, and then corrected using v-position and h-position, and a bit of keystone... Still not perfect though!

- René, Denmark.
Btw. The screen is a danish build high-end screen! Lissau Tab Tension True Colour 110"
post #4572 of 4573 Unread Yesterday, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 384 Post(s)
Liked: 151
I'm looking into purchasing this projector this week. Are there many owners here who have had issues with this unit that needed repair?
post #4573 of 4573 Unread Today, 01:44 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by René Christensen View Post
Hello.

- René, Denmark.

Did you use the joystick on the front of the projector, behind the cover next to the lens?
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Jvc Dla X35 3d Hd Front Projector , Panasonic Pt Ae7000u 1080p Full Hd Projector , Panasonic Pt Ae4000u 1600 Lumen Lcd Home Theater Projector , Sony Vpl Hw50es 3d Projector , Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor , Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector
Gear in this thread