Official Owners' Thread, Panasonic PT-AE8000U (US version) PT-AT6000E (European version) - Page 155 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #4621 of 4624 Old Today, 08:56 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by andymo View Post
Using iRule, I created a macro that runs through the PJ menu and then toggles between my two lens settings (Widescreen and Cinemascope). Now I just press a button and it goes by itself. It takes about 5-10s because I have extra wait times in there just to be sure (especially when exiting the menu) but it works like a champ and all members of the family can run it without issues.

Sounds interesting... Will definitely check this out because I am definitely not spending $90 on additional equipment just to save a few keypresses. It's a shame Panasonic could not make it easier to access the individual settings with a remote like a Harmony.

Efrain "AviatorBimmer" Ruiz
ERuiz's Samsung UN65JS8500 Calibration
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4622 of 4624 Old Today, 03:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I used to have a Harmony remote many moons ago and I thought you could create crude macros. Could you just copy what I have above ? You would have to assign the PJ Function Key to LENS memory function.
post #4623 of 4624 Old Today, 03:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I used to have a Harmony remote many moons ago and I thought you could create crude macros. Could you just copy what I have above ? You would have to assign the PJ Function Key to LENS memory function.

I will give it a try but I am kinda interested in this iRule approach as well. I'm guessing iRule is similar to a Harmony?

post #4624 of 4624 Old Today, 05:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I got it working with the Harmony! I created a sequence button for each memory position using the sequence you posted above and it worked like a charm!

Of course, I tweaked the delays a bit but after some trial and error, I can switch back and forth from 16:9 (memory slot 1) and 2.35 (memory slot 2). Tomorrow I will save slots for 2.39/2.40 ratios and create the sequence macros for them.

You are a life saver, brother! Thanks! [emoji106]

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Jvc Dla X35 3d Hd Front Projector , Panasonic Pt Ae7000u 1080p Full Hd Projector , Panasonic Pt Ae4000u 1600 Lumen Lcd Home Theater Projector , Sony Vpl Hw50es 3d Projector , Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor , Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector
Gear in this thread