Official Owners' Thread, Panasonic PT-AE8000U (US version) PT-AT6000E (European version) - Page 155 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #4621 of 4632 Old 09-01-2015, 08:56 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by andymo View Post
Using iRule, I created a macro that runs through the PJ menu and then toggles between my two lens settings (Widescreen and Cinemascope). Now I just press a button and it goes by itself. It takes about 5-10s because I have extra wait times in there just to be sure (especially when exiting the menu) but it works like a champ and all members of the family can run it without issues.

Sounds interesting... Will definitely check this out because I am definitely not spending $90 on additional equipment just to save a few keypresses. It's a shame Panasonic could not make it easier to access the individual settings with a remote like a Harmony.

Efrain "AviatorBimmer" Ruiz
ERuiz's Samsung UN65JS8500 Calibration
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4622 of 4632 Old 09-01-2015, 03:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I used to have a Harmony remote many moons ago and I thought you could create crude macros. Could you just copy what I have above ? You would have to assign the PJ Function Key to LENS memory function.
post #4623 of 4632 Old 09-01-2015, 03:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I used to have a Harmony remote many moons ago and I thought you could create crude macros. Could you just copy what I have above ? You would have to assign the PJ Function Key to LENS memory function.

I will give it a try but I am kinda interested in this iRule approach as well. I'm guessing iRule is similar to a Harmony?

post #4624 of 4632 Old 09-01-2015, 05:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I got it working with the Harmony! I created a sequence button for each memory position using the sequence you posted above and it worked like a charm!

Of course, I tweaked the delays a bit but after some trial and error, I can switch back and forth from 16:9 (memory slot 1) and 2.35 (memory slot 2). Tomorrow I will save slots for 2.39/2.40 ratios and create the sequence macros for them.

You are a life saver, brother! Thanks! [emoji106]

post #4625 of 4632 Old 09-02-2015, 03:46 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have a question and hopefully someone can help. I am in the process of setting up my htpc. When I hook up my ps3 and play a blu-ray it fits my screen perfectly (Interstellar with 2.39:1 ratio) My screen is a 142" wide 2.40:1 screen. When i play a movie off my htpc that I have ripped and have on my server it is not big enough to fit the screen. I will even zoom the projector in all the way but the image is just a bit to small. Anyone know why a movie on my server is a little smaller than playing one off my ps3? Thanks for any help
post #4626 of 4632 Old 09-02-2015, 05:59 PM
Advanced Member

Is blooming a known issue with these projectors? This is the second brand new 8000u I try and with just 30 hours on the clock, it has started blooming. SMH

It's very apparent on light colored text/graphics on dark colored backgrounds.

Even the projector's menu shows an extreme case of blooming.

post #4627 of 4632 Old 09-02-2015, 10:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
PTAE8000 Ceiling Mount Question

Just upgraded from a PTAE3000. On the 3000 I had to have the lens inside the border of the screen to get 2.35:1 and 16x9 switch to work properly. Is this the same case for the 8000? If not how far above the screen can I put the 8000 on a 16 foot throw with a 138 inch screen?
post #4628 of 4632 Old 09-02-2015, 11:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 581 Post(s)
Liked: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERuiz View Post
Is blooming a known issue with these projectors?
Yes, many have been reported, but most are fine. [Mine has no issues but I've read this thread for about a year now] I guess you've had some really bad luck. Sorry.

In A/V reproduction accuracy, there is no concept of "accounting for taste". We don't "pick" the level of bass, etc., any more than we pick the ending of a play. High fidelity means an unmodified, neutral, exact copy (or "reproduction") of the original artist's tonal balance, timing, dynamics, etc..
post #4629 of 4632 Old Yesterday, 06:46 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackr0s View Post
Just upgraded from a PTAE3000. On the 3000 I had to have the lens inside the border of the screen to get 2.35:1 and 16x9 switch to work properly. Is this the same case for the 8000? If not how far above the screen can I put the 8000 on a 16 foot throw with a 138 inch screen?
My lens is about 2" above the screen and the auto switching is perfect, and I still have room to go a little higher. I'm at about 17ish feet on a 120" wide 2.35. Unfortunately there is no standard calculation that I have found, so it is basically trial and error. But I can tell you that depending on the throw distance and screen size you definitely do not have to be within the border.
post #4630 of 4632 Old Yesterday, 07:20 AM

Thanks for the reply. I have about 25 inches of drop I have to cover due to a front vaulted ceiling. I purchased both these and will return the one I don't use:

Peerless - 12.6-Inch to 20.6-Inch Adjustable Projector Ceiling Mount
Peerless - 19.1-Inch to 32.6-Inch Adjustable Projector Ceiling Mount

My experience in the past is Bass tends to shake projector mounts. Is there a way to dampen that?
post #4631 of 4632 Old Yesterday, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 581 Post(s)
Liked: 377
There are three pathways by which bass can shake the works and blur the image:

1 -shaking the screen cloth
2 -shaking the pj via the air vibrations striking the cabinet
3 -shaking the pj via the mounting pole to the ceiling

#1 is hard to deal with other than adding a heavier screen with more mass, hence not as easy to shake, or add a baffling cloth right behind the screen to mellow the problem from at least one side.

#2 is dealt with by placing the pj in a well vented hush box

#3 is dealt with by adding rubber/silicone dampening washers to the nuts and bolts of the support mount. This is only partly effective since you almost always still have a direct metal attachment to the beam above through the center of the bolt itself, even though you have rubberized the washer part.

The best solution is to build a flat resting platform, which hangs from the ceiling and the pj rests on top of it, but with silicon/sorbathane pods under each of the pj's feet, plus the connection wires for incoming AC power and video signal need to be coiled into a spring shape to minimize their ability to conduct vibration.

In A/V reproduction accuracy, there is no concept of "accounting for taste". We don't "pick" the level of bass, etc., any more than we pick the ending of a play. High fidelity means an unmodified, neutral, exact copy (or "reproduction") of the original artist's tonal balance, timing, dynamics, etc..
post #4632 of 4632 Old Yesterday, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m. zillch View Post
There are three pathways by which bass can shake the works and blur the image:

1 -shaking the screen cloth
2 -shaking the pj via the air vibrations striking the cabinet
3 -shaking the pj via the mounting pole to the ceiling

#1 is hard to deal with other than adding a heavier screen with more mass, hence not as easy to shake, or add a baffling cloth right behind the screen to mellow the problem from at least one side.

#2 is dealt with by placing the pj in a well vented hush box

#3 is dealt with by adding rubber/silicone dampening washers to the nuts and bolts of the support mount. This is only partly effective since you almost always still have a direct metal attachment to the beam above through the center of the bolt itself, even though you have rubberized the washer part.

The best solution is to build a flat resting platform, which hangs from the ceiling and the pj rests on top of it, but with silicon/sorbathane pods under each of the pj's feet, plus the connection wires for incoming AC power and video signal need to be coiled into a spring shape to minimize their ability to conduct vibration.
Excellent thanks!
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Jvc Dla X35 3d Hd Front Projector , Panasonic Pt Ae7000u 1080p Full Hd Projector , Panasonic Pt Ae4000u 1600 Lumen Lcd Home Theater Projector , Sony Vpl Hw50es 3d Projector , Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor , Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector
Gear in this thread - Ae7000u by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page