Official Owners' Thread, Panasonic PT-AE8000U (US version) PT-AT6000E (European version) - Page 182 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 304Likes

post #5431 of 5453 Old 01-24-2017, 10:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HT Geek View Post
Hate to say this but if it's still under warranty...

... if that doesn't seem to fix it I would suggest sending in for service. If it's not under warranty, I would prolly send it in and see how the repair quote compares to cost of a new PJ. You just want to be sure it is the PJ.
Ah the dreaded warranty. The hdmi i was using was from my last pj and cant be rerun. It is a 50 footer. I think i will bring a new one in that i have and temp use it to see what happens.
Going to use this over cat 6 at my next house. I guess this is a good experiment to try it.
HDMI EXTR 1CAT 5E/ 6 W/ IR 130FT
W Box Technologies
Model #: HDMIEXTDR
ADI #: 0E-HDMIEXTDR
Thx for the help i will chime back in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5432 of 5453 Old 01-25-2017, 10:24 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hello,
I understand from various threads, that this high- pitch, whining noise is generated by Dynamic Iris mechanism.
Could anybody post a link to how to fix this, please?
I know, people do recommend to just disconnect it inside of the projector, but I'd like to have a visual (or a detailed description) of where it's located.
Thank in advance
post #5433 of 5453 Old 01-25-2017, 11:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 115
So, shutting off Dynamic Iris in the menu doesn't fix your "noise"?

post #5434 of 5453 Old 01-25-2017, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano86 View Post
So, shutting off Dynamic Iris in the menu doesn't fix your "noise"?
Correct,
It doesn't
I heard, it needs to be physically disconnected inside
post #5435 of 5453 Old 01-25-2017, 07:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Well, actually it's the first I have heard of that particular issue, I guess...
post #5436 of 5453 Old 01-25-2017, 09:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1880 Post(s)
Liked: 1212
I know it sounds odd but strangely I had an older Panny (900?) which also (to the best of my diagnosis, although I could be wrong) had a noisy auto iris yet simply turning it to "off" didn't make the problem go away. I have no explanation how this could occur but I thought I'd share.

I think there are Youtube videos about iris repair and removal. I'll take a look.

In A/V reproduction accuracy, there IS no concept of "accounting for personal taste/preference". As art consumers we don't "pick" the level of bass, nor the tint/brightness of a scene's sky, any more than we pick the ending of a novel or Mona Lisa's type of smile. "High fidelity" means "high truthfulness", faithful to the original artist's intent: an unmodified, neutral, accurate copy of the original master, ideally being exact and with no discernable alterations, aka "transparency".

Last edited by m. zillch; 01-25-2017 at 09:08 PM.
post #5437 of 5453 Old 01-25-2017, 09:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I took a look at a few others but nobody struck me as being a proficient expert on what exactly to do. Sorry.
Using the wrong oil for example could be bad. . .maybe.

In A/V reproduction accuracy, there IS no concept of "accounting for personal taste/preference". As art consumers we don't "pick" the level of bass, nor the tint/brightness of a scene's sky, any more than we pick the ending of a novel or Mona Lisa's type of smile. "High fidelity" means "high truthfulness", faithful to the original artist's intent: an unmodified, neutral, accurate copy of the original master, ideally being exact and with no discernable alterations, aka "transparency".
post #5438 of 5453 Old 01-27-2017, 11:50 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Display corruption!

Hey guys,
Posting this in here as I've been directed...

I'm suddenly seeing a blue vertical line on the right side of the picture... More details here: Panasonic PT-AE8000U display corruption!

Any ideas? It kinda worries me...
post #5439 of 5453 Old 01-27-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m. zillch View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9tAlyfVFdg

I took a look at a few others but nobody struck me as being a proficient expert on what exactly to do. Sorry.
Using the wrong oil for example could be bad. . .maybe.
Thank you,
I watched that video too. Didn't make things much clearer.
I'm gonna take a chance and open it to see, if I can locate the source, and hopefully fix it
post #5440 of 5453 Old 01-27-2017, 05:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonmike View Post
I'm suddenly seeing a blue vertical line on the right side of the picture... More details here: Panasonic PT-AE8000U display corruption!

Any ideas? It kinda worries me...
I would try an alternate HDMI cable, alternate HDMI in ports [1, 2, and 3), and alternate sources, because it might be that one of the pins is bad/intermittent but unfortunately I suspect it is a much more serious problem which nobody but a technician could fix. . .Sorry.
Good luck and let us know if you find a solution.
post #5441 of 5453 Old 01-27-2017, 05:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maril555 View Post
I'm gonna take a chance and open it to see, if I can locate the source, and hopefully fix it
OK, good luck, and remember operating the pj while open you are bypassing the proper air filter intake path and can accidentally suck in unfiltered air and deposit dust on the LCD panels/polarizers causing dust blobs in the image. So don't run it while open.
HT Geek likes this.

post #5442 of 5453 Old 01-28-2017, 09:25 PM

Quote:
OK, good luck, and remember operating the pj while open you are bypassing the proper air filter intake path and can accidentally suck in unfiltered air and deposit dust on the LCD panels/polarizers causing dust blobs in the image. So don't run it while open.
Thank you for the advice. I'll be very careful.
m. zillch likes this.
post #5443 of 5453 Old 02-04-2017, 04:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Do you find that lag even when switched to fast response time in the setup menu, @wurm02 ?
My response is a year and a half late, but sorry, I have not tried that yet. Even on the default settings, it's reasonable.
post #5444 of 5453 Old 02-08-2017, 01:44 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello.
I just bought a used At6000.

Does anybody know how long the LCD Panels work?

I read that the old organic panels last for up to 5000 hours. But what about the newer D8 or D9 panels?

Do I have to concern about the panel in my beamer at some point?
post #5445 of 5453 Old 02-16-2017, 10:44 AM

Hello,

Anyone else using Playstation 3 having problems with 3D?
I can watch 3D with no problem from my macbook connected to my panny. PS3 is another thing. It doesn't recognize the projector as 3D capable and won't throw 3D games or blu-rays to it.

The cable and PS3 showed 3D easily with my old panasonic viera TV so they should not be the problem. Or could this projector be more sensitive for the cable?

Any other idea where to look for solution?
post #5446 of 5453 Old 02-16-2017, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anttikt View Post
Hello,

Anyone else using Playstation 3 having problems with 3D?
I can watch 3D with no problem from my macbook connected to my panny. PS3 is another thing. It doesn't recognize the projector as 3D capable and won't throw 3D games or blu-rays to it.

The cable and PS3 showed 3D easily with my old panasonic viera TV so they should not be the problem. Or could this projector be more sensitive for the cable?

Any other idea where to look for solution?
Sorry about posting to this side. Noticed that there is a 3D related thread for this same projector and found some answers to my problem there.
post #5447 of 5453 Old 02-18-2017, 08:12 AM

Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HT Geek View Post
My first thought would be a cable or source issue. If you disconnected the source though, it seems to me you ought to get a blank screen. Have you tried switching to a different HDMI input port with the same cable? Or use a different cable to test with on a different source, different HDMI input on the PJ? I would try that to see if you can narrow down if it is with a specific input or any input. If it happens on all HDMI inputs, try another format of input (not HDMI), etc. to narrow down when the problem occurs.

Have you found a way for it to happen constantly or is it always an intermittent problem? Latter is of course more frustrating and challenging to troubleshoot.
I have the same problem: Oppo 95BDP setting 1080i all is good. Once set to 1080P flickering and snow. YET, Playing 1080P content with resolution set at 1080P (bluray disc) no problems. Once I go back to the "oppo" home screen, flickering again. I have to reset the resolution to 1080i. On the Oppo I set the deep colour setting to off, a bit better...still sporadic.
Seems like anything from 1080i (cable box , Firetv) and below projector (AE8000) will work. Unless it is true 1080P content. With my AE2000 no problems. Very Confused.
My setup: Oppo, cable box, FireTV to> Marantz 7702MKII to> AE8000..
Note: I noticed when the "snow and flickering happens I can here the AE8000 amp up and down....any thoughts?
post #5448 of 5453 Old 02-18-2017, 10:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Snow, when using HDMI, is almost always the same thing: a borderline, adequately strong signal. It is also very common that it manifests itself on high bandwidth signals like 1080p yet seems OK at lower resolutions such as 1080i.

A weak signal is usually due to a poorly seated connection or an inadequately thick gauge of HDMI for the length of the run being used. Solutions include switching to a thicker AWG HDMI or a bus-fed amplified cable [ex: Monoprice Redmere series, I read mixed reviews about], and/or adding an in line booster amp.
HT Geek likes this.

Last edited by m. zillch; 02-18-2017 at 10:44 AM.
post #5449 of 5453 Old 02-19-2017, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Snow, when using HDMI, is almost always the same thing: a borderline, adequately strong signal. It is also very common that it manifests itself on high bandwidth signals like 1080p yet seems OK at lower resolutions such as 1080i.

A weak signal is usually due to a poorly seated connection or an inadequately thick gauge of HDMI for the length of the run being used. Solutions include switching to a thicker AWG HDMI or a bus-fed amplified cable [ex: Monoprice Redmere series, I read mixed reviews about], and/or adding an in line booster amp.
Thanks..I will give it a shot...Does not make sense that I can play 1080P content @1080p resolution (oppo) yet go back to my home screen (oppo) and get snow until I set it to 1080i. If there was a connection/wire problem or weak signal therefor I should not be able to play 1080P material..?..? Yet I can.
Just can't wrap my head around why so many problems with HDMI.
post #5450 of 5453 Old 02-19-2017, 04:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

The home screen output and the movies themselves may be at different frame rates, for example. Also whenever there is any sort of video out change, and this includes HDMI EDID info exchange, HDCP status, lines of resolution, variations of frame rate, de-interlacing settings, pull-down processing etc, there is a small hiccup which can sometimes help a weak connection and at other times hurts a weak connection.
post #5451 of 5453 Old Today, 03:27 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
The home screen output and the movies themselves may be at different frame rates, for example. Also whenever there is any sort of video out change, and this includes HDMI EDID info exchange, HDCP status, lines of resolution, variations of frame rate, de-interlacing settings, pull-down processing etc, there is a small hiccup which can sometimes help a weak connection and at other times hurts a weak connection.
Zillch,

Out of curiosity, what is that 'hiccup'? Is it a change in sync rates or a handshaking process?

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My HT build: The Final Frontier

Quiet Glue: Why I Avoid It
post #5452 of 5453 Old Today, 04:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

HDMI can have all sorts of problems but "snow" is almost always "weak signal". What can cause a weak signal? Lots of stuff. The next question is always :"But this doesn't make sense because at times it is perfectly fine so the signal strength must be OK, right?" Nope. Sorry. It isn't as simple as that.

Here's an example of a page which mentions dozens of different things that can go wrong. One of the things I don't think mentioned is that when two devices are connected on HDMI's two-way communication design, either part of or in addition to EDID, is the sending device sends a signal which says, "How do you read me?" The receiving device sends back a signal which says, "Good enough: no need to readjust your transmission amplifier's boost". One problem which arises is if it is only barely "good enough" then if the signal bandwidth increases, such as when increasing resolution or other things at a later time, that "O.K." signal turns into "inadequate and iffy".
HT Geek likes this.
post #5453 of 5453 Old Today, 06:38 PM

I picked up a switch/amp (HDMI) and all is good.Thank you!!
m. zillch likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Jvc Dla X35 3d Hd Front Projector , Panasonic Pt Ae7000u 1080p Full Hd Projector , Panasonic Pt Ae4000u 1600 Lumen Lcd Home Theater Projector , Sony Vpl Hw50es 3d Projector , Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor , Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page