Official Owners' Thread, Panasonic PT-AE8000U (US version) PT-AT6000E (European version) - Page 183 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 305Likes

post #5461 of 5479 Old 02-27-2017, 05:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
My Sony VPL-HW40ES did the same thing on Eco when it was new and the recommendation on the Sony thread sounds to run it on Normal for about 200 hours and then go back to Eco. It worked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m. zillch View Post
1. Some say arc wander can be alleviated by running the pj lamp at a different level for a period of time to reestablish a specific arc. For instance if you usually use ECO mode try using full blast for 100 hrs to see if it helps.

2 & 3. If you are lucky simply opening the pj and removing and then immediately replacing the lamp connection both scrapes clean the contact points and makes sure they are firmly seated and as fully connected as you can make them. Using a proper contact cleaner at this electrical junction may also be considered although be careful as spraying anything in or around a pj can cause particles which can be deposited on optical surfaces forming dust blobs in the image. I would try avoiding this step unless absolutely necessary, say with an old pj that was filthy inside, and I would attempt to apply the compound via a lint free electrical cleaning swab, not a spray can. Proceed at your own risk.
okay - Normal it is - I'll just crank the volume a little more (wife will love that ) - thanks guys!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5462 of 5479 Old 03-06-2017, 08:59 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey there! I noticed the light from my PT 8000 getting significantly dimmer, so I replaced the bulb. Thing is, I used to be able to watch it with my living room lights on; when it started dimming I had to have the lights off. Having just replaced the bulb two days ago, it IS noticeably brighter, but still not as bright as it used to be. I am still getting "wash out" of the picture from the living room lights, but I never used to get any before. In addition, I used to run exclusively on Eco mode, but when it started dimming, I switched to normal, and I even have the new bulb on normal too! I've gone through my settings and adjusted the brightness and contrast to help a bit, but it's still dimmer than it was just a month or two ago. For reference, the bulb I just replaced had 3100 hours on it, almost 100% of that in Eco mode, so it should have lasted a little longer, but I did replace it anyway. Any thoughts? Thank you!
post #5463 of 5479 Old 03-06-2017, 10:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1958 Post(s)
Liked: 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheetah7985 View Post
Any thoughts? Thank you!
Did you also replace the air filter which came with the new lamp (bulb) when you swapped it out?

post #5464 of 5479 Old 03-07-2017, 05:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 119
And more importantly.. where did you get your lamp assembly from?
post #5465 of 5479 Old 03-07-2017, 09:09 AM

Yep, replaced the filter at the same time.

I think it was from Projector People; I don't remember for certain because I actually bought it a year and a half ago when I saw information that Panasonic was stopping production, or support, or something, for this projector; I wanted to make sure I had an official Panasonic lamp for when I needed one. It is, or at least I paid for, an official lamp, not a knock-off or like-item. Projector People is where I got the actual projector from, so I probably went back for the lamp. I'll check my records later tonight to be certain if it matters where from, but I do know for sure that I bought what was advertised as a genuine Panasonic product from a reputable seller. It wasn't from Amazon, Ebay, ThinkGeek, or anything like that. If it wasn't Projector People, it was still a big volume Projector oriented website/seller.

Thanks guys.
post #5466 of 5479 Old 03-07-2017, 10:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheetah7985 View Post
Yep, replaced the filter at the same time.

I think it was from Projector People; I don't remember for certain because I actually bought it a year and a half ago when I saw information that Panasonic was stopping production, or support, or something, for this projector; I wanted to make sure I had an official Panasonic lamp for when I needed one. It is, or at least I paid for, an official lamp, not a knock-off or like-item. Projector People is where I got the actual projector from, so I probably went back for the lamp. I'll check my records later tonight to be certain if it matters where from, but I do know for sure that I bought what was advertised as a genuine Panasonic product from a reputable seller. It wasn't from Amazon, Ebay, ThinkGeek, or anything like that. If it wasn't Projector People, it was still a big volume Projector oriented website/seller.

Thanks guys.
That should be a legit lamp assembly coming from Projector People... the other good way to tell is whether it comes with a filter... which it sounds like it did..
post #5467 of 5479 Old 03-07-2017, 03:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

If it came with a filter and the box prominently has "Panasonic" written on it using their trademarked logo, often in blue but not necessarily always blue, you should be set.

A reduced output might also be from a faulty or corroded lamp connection maybe? Not sure.

In A/V reproduction accuracy, there IS no concept of "accounting for personal taste/preference". As art consumers we don't "pick" the level of bass, nor the tint/brightness of a scene's sky, any more than we pick the ending of a novel or Mona Lisa's type of smile. "High fidelity" means "high truthfulness", faithful to the original artist's intent: an unmodified, neutral, accurate copy of the original master, ideally being exact and with no discernable alterations, aka "transparency".
post #5468 of 5479 Old 03-11-2017, 07:32 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
After a long trip with car vibration my at6000 has a very fuzzy images with no focus effect.Any idea what happened?
post #5469 of 5479 Old 03-11-2017, 07:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raichel Bogdan View Post
After a long trip with car vibration my at6000 has a very fuzzy images with no focus effect.Any idea what happened?
Unfortunately, I think you answered your own question....when you make adjustments to the focus, is it actually changing at all? ... and just not able to fully focus sharply? Tyically, in a quiet room you can hear the motor clicking as you adjust. Or if you see no change when adjusting focus, then the motor/drive for the focus adjustment is stuck or knocked out of position with the lens. Also, I assume you are using the controls right on the projector and not using the remote at this point..
post #5470 of 5479 Old 03-12-2017, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano86 View Post
Unfortunately, I think you answered your own question....when you make adjustments to the focus, is it actually changing at all? ... and just not able to fully focus sharply? Tyically, in a quiet room you can hear the motor clicking as you adjust. Or if you see no change when adjusting focus, then the motor/drive for the focus adjustment is stuck or knocked out of position with the lens. Also, I assume you are using the controls right on the projector and not using the remote at this point..

The focus does not change anything just shaking a little picture,I can hear the motor clicking
but after about 4 seconds a more pronounced buzzing sounds.
post #5471 of 5479 Old 03-12-2017, 09:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I can't say it is normally recommended and may even harm the product in some instances, say by stripping teeth on the gears(?) of the motor to focus coupling or something similar, however it is my understanding that if you manually rotate the focus wheel gently by hand, the outer lens itself that is, that you can focus the 8000 manually in an emergency. I did it once and mine still seems OK but heck, I would hate for people to ruin their pj based on my post.

I only mention this because I know that factory authorized repairs can be hundreds of dollars, even for small things in some instances, not to mention the pain of packing and shipping it back, and this can be hard to justify when there are workarounds, at least from my perspective.
post #5472 of 5479 Old 03-14-2017, 07:29 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I had 3400 hours on the original lamp that came in my 8000. There was a pop! Since I've had a string of front projectors since 1998, I knew what a pop meant.

I carefully removed the bulb (with little glass pieces falling out) and ordered a replacement ET-LAA310 module from ProjectorLamps. I installed it and it works fine. Nice and bright. Housing looks the same as my original Panasonic housing (i.e. metal+plastic).

However, I've seen references to both ET-LAA310 and ET-LAA410 here in the 8000 forum.

For fun, I was able to remove the screws and clips in order to get the old bulb out. Seemed easy enough and only took a couple of minutes. So I looked for someone selling just a bare bulb (Ushio NSHA200AH ?) so that next time I'd like to just replace the bulb instead of the entire housing. But I couldn't find anyone selling a bulb by itself.

Since the housing is just metal and plastic, any thoughts on the utility/savings of just replacing the bare bulb instead of the entire housing. And a source for this bare bulb (including the cable and connector) ?

Thanks,

Scott

PS my original bulb is labeled:
Panasonic
HS200AR08-4A
Hg
B4G22

Last edited by 645824; 03-14-2017 at 07:35 PM.
post #5473 of 5479 Old 03-18-2017, 06:37 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm considering purchasing this item because it meets a couple criteria, but requesting confirmation on one. I sometimes run old video game systems through a SCART/HDMI box that connects to the display device via HDMI.

Does this projector always allow the user to switch aspect to 4:3 when displaying an HDMI image?
post #5474 of 5479 Old 03-20-2017, 08:35 AM

NEW Panasonic PT-ae8000u screen brightness not uniform

I bought this projector new last month and I noticed the brightness is not uniform at all.

2 of the corners are dark and the other 2 are brighter. No matter what settings I use I cannot get a uniform consistent black screen.

This is really noticeable when I watch letter box movies where there is black bar on the top and bottom. Here is a pic. I doesn't matter what input or device used, If the projected image is black, its not uniform and always on the same spots. top left corner and bottom right.

Is this considered normal? I had a AE1000 and NEVER had an issue like this.

Forgive me if this has been asked. I searched through many pages looking for an answer, but there are 185 pages!

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	2038145  

Last edited by gofastdoug; 03-20-2017 at 11:35 AM.
post #5475 of 5479 Old 03-20-2017, 07:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofastdoug View Post
I bought this projector new last month and I noticed the brightness is not uniform at all.

2 of the corners are dark and the other 2 are brighter. No matter what settings I use I cannot get a uniform consistent black screen.

This is really noticeable when I watch letter box movies where there is black bar on the top and bottom. Here is a pic. I doesn't matter what input or device used, If the projected image is black, its not uniform and always on the same spots. top left corner and bottom right.

Is this considered normal? I had a AE1000 and NEVER had an issue like this.

Forgive me if this has been asked. I searched through many pages looking for an answer, but there are 185 pages!

Thanks!
No, it is not normal... you said you bought it new last month and assuming you bought it from a reputable source, I would inquire about getting it exchanged.... Or it can be fixed, as I recall another poster on this thread a long while back had that same issue and they sent it in under warranty and it came back nice and black. My own 8000 isn't perfect.. I do see a small bit of non uniform light areas when trying to project an all black screen..especially when using the non Cinema filter picture modes... Normal, Dynamic, etc..but it is so minor, I never notice it on normal viewing material. Not nearly like your example...So, ya definitely get it sent back, unfortunately.
post #5476 of 5479 Old 03-21-2017, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano86 View Post
No, it is not normal... you said you bought it new last month and assuming you bought it from a reputable source, I would inquire about getting it exchanged.... Or it can be fixed, as I recall another poster on this thread a long while back had that same issue and they sent it in under warranty and it came back nice and black. My own 8000 isn't perfect.. I do see a small bit of non uniform light areas when trying to project an all black screen..especially when using the non Cinema filter picture modes... Normal, Dynamic, etc..but it is so minor, I never notice it on normal viewing material. Not nearly like your example...So, ya definitely get it sent back, unfortunately.
Yes, I bought it from projectorpeople.com and they are taking care of everything for me. (RMA, return) The projector is indeed defective and a new projector is being sent to me now.

Projector People has the best customer service, I highly recommend them!

Thanks
post #5477 of 5479 Old 03-21-2017, 09:12 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Last Chance to Purchase a Panasonic PT-AE8000U Is NOW!

FYI

I just got off the phone w/Chris @ The Projector People who confirmed Panasonic has discontinued the PT-AE8000U projector and that Panasonic currently has not announced any plans to replace it with a new version.

Translation: With no new units being manufactured, if you ever want to get one you better do it quick. Supplies are getting very tight.
compaddict likes this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My HT build: The Final Frontier

Quiet Glue: Why I Avoid It
post #5478 of 5479 Old 03-21-2017, 03:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HT Geek View Post
...Panasonic has discontinued the PT-AE8000U projector and that Panasonic currently has not announced any plans to replace it with a new version.

Translation: With no new units being manufactured, if you ever want to get one you better do it quick. Supplies are getting very tight.
Wonder if bulbs will get cheaper/easier to find or more expensive/harder to find?

I've been thinking I need to pick up another bulb, to have on hand. Hopefully have another year or so on this one.
post #5479 of 5479 Old Today, 10:25 AM

Hm... Having just replaced my bulb a couple weeks ago, I should probably buy another now to have on hand for when this one goes out. Last one lasted five or so years, might be risky to gamble they'll still be available and not absurdly priced in another five or so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Jvc Dla X35 3d Hd Front Projector , Panasonic Pt Ae7000u 1080p Full Hd Projector , Panasonic Pt Ae4000u 1600 Lumen Lcd Home Theater Projector , Sony Vpl Hw50es 3d Projector , Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor , Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page