Official Owners' Thread, Panasonic PT-AE8000U (US version) PT-AT6000E (European version) - Page 40 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1171 of 3627 Old 02-04-2013, 07:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I noticed crosstalk for the first time last night watching Dredd and showing off my projector to some friends. I had just turned it on however and when I played the same scene about an hour later because I was concerned the crosstalk was no longer there. Im definitely in agreement that a warm up period is needed for the best performance, at least in my set up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 3627 Old 02-04-2013, 11:52 PM

Liked: 11
Hi am looking at getting this projector but would be mounted about 18 inches off centre, would using the lens shift degrade the picture?
Many thanks
Kevin
post #1173 of 3627 Old 02-05-2013, 12:25 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DMamper View Post

Finally recieved my Panasonic 3D glasses and i will report what others have reported. Theres a lot of ghost/crosstalk in 3D mode.In the avatar the bacground is often blury becuase of the cross talk. On PS3 Motor storm rift, its not satisfying to race in 3D Mode because the details in the background and trakside middle distance objects are corstalked.

For 2D gaming its very good. As far as i can see lag free and very smooth. But in 3D mode theres too much crosstalk and the lag feels like 100ms. So super star dust HD is not very playable Normally on the sony HMZ-T1 i can get 40,000,000 points and lag free. On the Panasonic i can only get 10,000,000 points consiatantly.

Maybe someone can chime in on how to fix the crosstalk.

Hey 3DMamper, I decided to check out what you said about Stardust game on my PS3 since my projector was fully "warmed up" (after watching a 3D movie), and I don't see any crosstalk at all in Stardust. Definitely zero crosstalk. The text in the menus looked perfect, also the text and icons when playing in the game were also crosstalk free. The objects in the game, e.g. asteroids, ship, etc., had no ghosting. Everything look perfectly in 3D without any sort of double edges. Maybe there is something wrong with your projector or PS3 I assume? Or maybe your projector wasn't fully warmed up? Btw, when you connected your PS3 to the projector, did you adjust the PS3's display "automatic" settings in the XMB bar? You should've seen a menu that asked you what size your TV was, and you can only get to that menu on the PS3 by going through the automatic settings. Not sure if that's a factor though. If you got crosstalk in Stardust, I can imagine that's affecting your 3D in 3D movies as well. As I said before, that is after fixing my focus on my pj, crosstalk is very minimal on this projector. For instance, I just watched a Ice Age Dawn of the Dinosaurs, and I barely saw any crosstalk.
post #1174 of 3627 Old 02-05-2013, 02:32 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfp84 View Post

I noticed crosstalk for the first time last night watching Dredd and showing off my projector to some friends. I had just turned it on however and when I played the same scene about an hour later because I was concerned the crosstalk was no longer there. Im definitely in agreement that a warm up period is needed for the best performance, at least in my set up
Panasonic advises to focus the projector after the 30 minute warm-up period. Perhaps this helps crosstalk reduction.
post #1175 of 3627 Old 02-05-2013, 05:05 AM

Liked: 18
Hi again yes i did allow the projector to warm up (some of my testing sessions where 3hrs). I check focusing and also tried motion remaster on/off. None of it made any difference. As i said ive spent ages reading forums and have tried everything.

All i can figure is maybe its the HDMi cable i used. But it cant be as the very same cable i use on the optoma hd33 and its perfect. Even on Despicable Me me which is a very aggresive 3D effect movie.
post #1176 of 3627 Old 02-05-2013, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DMamper View Post

Hi again yes i did allow the projector to warm up (some of my testing sessions where 3hrs). I check focusing and also tried motion remaster on/off. None of it made any difference. As i said ive spent ages reading forums and have tried everything.

All i can figure is maybe its the HDMi cable i used. But it cant be as the very same cable i use on the optoma hd33 and its perfect. Even on Despicable Me me which is a very aggresive 3D effect movie.

I have a feeling it's to do with your picture settings. What picture mode are you both using?
post #1177 of 3627 Old 02-05-2013, 03:15 PM

Liked: 18
I ran thru all the picture modes. Gaming and Cinema2 where my two faves.

Btw. Did the panasonic have a factory reset to get all the settings back to normal. As i looked all over the menus and nothing. At least the Optoma had a reset and if i ever messed things up i fixed it back to defaults with one press.

The panasonic i demoed at home as borrowed from a shop by placing down a full value deposit. I thought maybe customers or their shop staff messed up the setting. But tbh looking at its me us theres no much you can mess up.
post #1178 of 3627 Old 02-05-2013, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timclove View Post

First, let me say that this is not my first post. I could not log in with my old username as the password info was part of my work email, and I don't work there any more so I could not get it.

AE8000 CROSSTALK IS SOOO MUCH BETTER. Sorry for the caps, but it's important. I went through two AE7000s. The first one I received was not properly aligned, so I sent it back to company which sent a replacement. When that one arrived, the image was better (2D looked fine) but crosstalk was horrible. I finally sent it back to Panasonic (took over 4 weeks to get it back) and they replaced a circuit board. It also developed three dust blobs in less than a month which they did not clean even though I reported it. The picture was better but there was just something that wasn't right about it. 2D was great, but 3D for lack of a better word was lifeless (like out of focus). I was hesitant to spend $3,000 on the AE8000 especially since the 7000 was about a year old (I'm not rich). However, let me just say...wow.

Details:

About 166" image thrown on a painted wall (Behr Premium)....sorry guys...but it looks awesome without an expensive screen.
BD player tried was Panasonic 210 and Sony 790. Sony 790 might have a bit of an edge with picture quality.
Panasonic 3rd generation glasses

Movies demoed:
Lion King
Toy Story
Adventures of Tin Tin
Legends of the Guardians (Owl movie)
The Avengers

In each and every one, the detail, depth, colors, etc. were so much better. Crosstalk was negligible. Was it gone completely? No, but you can only see in bright background scenes. A good example is in Tin Tin when they are walking in the desert after the plane crash. There is some crosstalk around the bodies of Tin Tin and the captain. However, if that's the worst, I'll take it.

The light output is much improved. I can watch a movie in "Normal" with the glasses set at "medium" and it is perfectly fine. Dynamic, while giving more "pop" makes it looks artificial. I've tried both Eco and Normal light modes. Eco is a bit darker, but again, negligible to affect enjoyment of 3D.

To those on the fence, I'll be one of the first to say that this projector is light years ahead of what I saw on my 7000. I have done no calibration yet, either.

I hope this helps a bit.

Tim

Somthing I've not read about is the fan noise comparison between the 7000 and the 8000, given that is has a brighter bulb which generates more heat.

Has anyone upgraded from the 7000 to the 8000 that is in a position to clarify this ?

I'm not talking about (claimed) numbers from Panasonic, I would like to know from someone that has actually comparred them

Thanks
post #1179 of 3627 Old 02-06-2013, 06:55 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by purbeast View Post

So I experienced something just now for the first time on this projector, and it's not a good thing.

I was playing my Xbox 360 and was playing some Forza Horizon when the screen went black for a second. The sound was still coming out of my speakers so the AVR was still getting signal from the 360. It came back on like a second later and I was like wtf so I paused it and got up, like if someone was messing around with me. Then like 4-5 more times, the screen went off then back on, like a second or so off then back on. It happened like every 5-8 seconds or so, then stopped.

I started playing again and then the screen went black again for a second then back on. It happened only 1 more time after that. I continued to play for like 15 more minutes and had my camera ready to take a video if it happened again but it didn't.

Has anyone seen this happen? Is this the dreaded "flicker" problem from the 7000 that I had heard about?

On another note, today is the first day I had my projector hooked up with the serial cable to a GC-100 device, and I'm now controlling it with Roomie Remote. Could that have anything to do with it?

I probably have like 150 hours on the projector if that is any info that would help. I can check the exact hours tomorrow.

This blows happening the day before the Super Bowl...

I just wanted to give an update on this, because I saw this issue 2 more times since then, and I was looking for just a little bit more input before I try to pinpoint down what this is.

The following day of my previous post was superbowl sunday and we watched the game for 4 hours or so straight with no flickering. I was then listening to some music on pandora on my receiver, and noticed it happened again. So this wasn't on the 360 input, it was on another one.

Last night I was playing PS3 and this happened more than once again, like 30 minutes in. And I only played about 90 minutes total. It was frustrating as hell and I tried messing with some HDMI cables.

I currently have a 25' HDMI cable from my projector in the wall to a wall jack in a closet. From that wall jack I have another HDMI cable connected to my receiver. then I have a bunch of HDMI cables running to the other components. Also, the 25' cable I'm using now is the same one that I had been using for a month or so before I did the in-wall wiring and never had this issue.

So I swapped the hdmi cable going from the wall jack to the AVR, since I had seen this issue on 3 separate inputs. it seemed to fix the problem, but then I saw the flicker happen 2 more times. They didn't happen in succession like the previous ones did, but they happened.

I also tried using the other HDMI output on my receiver, with the original cable, and saw this issue as well.

So does anyone have any other suggestions on what to trouble shoot if I see this popping up again? Luckily I did run another HDMI cable in the wall so last resort, I will take the faceplates off the walls and try plugging the other HDMI cable into the projector. But I kind of want to get rid of all other possibilities before I go that route.

Has anyone heard of these HDMI wall jacks causing issues like this? Also, could running my HDMI cables (the ones that go to the components and AVR, not the in wall one) right along with the power cables that plug into the wall cause something like this? I always figured that if something was messed up with the HDMI cable, that the sound wouldn't come from the HDMI cable either.

Or could this be caused from a heating issue? The first 2 days this happened it didn't happen for at least 3 hours of components being on, although last night it happened within an hour, so I'm not sure if that coudl be the culprit.
post #1180 of 3627 Old 02-06-2013, 08:22 AM

Trying to decide between this projector and a jvc with eshift. I'm going to be using a 2.35 screen about 120 inch diagonal. First row seating at about 11 feet from the screen How is the picture quality going to look am i going to see pixels?

Thanks
post #1181 of 3627 Old 02-06-2013, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYHOMETHEATER View Post

Trying to decide between this projector and a jvc with eshift. I'm going to be using a 2.35 screen about 120 inch diagonal. First row seating at about 11 feet from the screen How is the picture quality going to look am i going to see pixels?

Thanks

I have the 4000 not the 8000, but it applies here. 146" screen @ 2.35 and 12' seating distance, not pixels at all. You don't have to worry about that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #1182 of 3627 Old 02-06-2013, 07:25 PM

Just received this projector after a ton a research and went with it over the new jvc rs46 mainly because the lag time and that I wasn't sure if the jvc was $900 better (considering all the rebates for the Panny).

But after reading these last few pages I'm getting worried. I have not even turned it on yet. Should I be sending it back for the JVC?

The color uniformity issue has me worried. I was willing to sacrifice a little black level for lag time but....

I plan on going with a scope screen around 125" in a light controlled room.
post #1183 of 3627 Old 02-06-2013, 07:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 332
Are your ceilings near the screen light treated? In a light controlled / reflection controlled room, there is a substantial difference between the 8000 and the RS46 if contrast / black level is a focus point.

post #1184 of 3627 Old 02-06-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

Are your ceilings near the screen light treated? In a light controlled / reflection controlled room, there is a substantial difference between the 8000 and the RS46 if contrast / black level is a focus point.

The screen wall and ceiling is painted black. The walls are beige.
post #1185 of 3627 Old 02-07-2013, 02:13 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
I received the $100 rebate check today, but no glasses or extended warranty. Hopefully all that will come in shortly. I mailed mine in late November.
post #1186 of 3627 Old 02-07-2013, 06:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjones View Post

I received the $100 rebate check today, but no glasses or extended warranty. Hopefully all that will come in shortly. I mailed mine in late November.

Same here! Check is in biggrin.gif

No glasses/extended warranty card yet! mad.gif

post #1187 of 3627 Old 02-08-2013, 01:30 AM

Hello to all. I would ask what could be the black spot you see in the picture. It is never possible to focus it completely and you see only dark colors. Among the other moves zooming the image.
https://twitter.com/Matteox/status/2...061312/photo/1

Thanks
post #1188 of 3627 Old 02-08-2013, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 130
^^
Link not working...
post #1189 of 3627 Old 02-08-2013, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldstate View Post

Just received this projector after a ton a research and went with it over the new jvc rs46 mainly because the lag time and that I wasn't sure if the jvc was $900 better (considering all the rebates for the Panny).

But after reading these last few pages I'm getting worried. I have not even turned it on yet. Should I be sending it back for the JVC?

The color uniformity issue has me worried. I was willing to sacrifice a little black level for lag time but....

I plan on going with a scope screen around 125" in a light controlled room.

If color uniformity is your main goal, I'd avoid an LCD projector. I've never seen a Panasonic projector (and I've owned several 4000s, 7000s, and now an 8000) with good color uniformity.

Now, whether YOU notice it is a whole other situation. Apparently not a lot of people do, which is why Panasonic gets away with releasing these projectors every year with no apparent change to the uniformity issue.

If it sounds like I'm irritated with Panasonic, it's because I am. Kinda wish I'd gone with the JVC at times.
post #1190 of 3627 Old 02-08-2013, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post

If it sounds like I'm irritated with Panasonic, it's because I am. Kinda wish I'd gone with the JVC at times.

Lol...then you'd be over at the JVC thread ranting about rainbow effect, poor brightness, and excessive crosstalk! biggrin.gif
post #1191 of 3627 Old 02-08-2013, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMenke View Post

Lol...then you'd be over at the JVC thread ranting about rainbow effect, poor brightness, and excessive crosstalk! biggrin.gif

Rainbows are only on single chip DLPs that have color wheels, JVC has increased their brightness by 15% this generation and is actually brighter than the pannasonic, and their 3D went through an overhaul and seems to be worlds better this year.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

post #1192 of 3627 Old 02-08-2013, 10:01 PM

How much will the lag time difference between the Panny and the JVC actually effect gaming? I wouldn't consider myself a "gamer" but I go through stints through out the year. I usually buy the new football game and Call of Duty and play both (75% football) for a few months and then stop. Will the JVC lag time make it impossible to play a shooter game?

Lag time played a role in my division to buy the Panny.
post #1193 of 3627 Old 02-09-2013, 04:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post

Rainbows are only on single chip DLPs that have color wheels, JVC has increased their brightness by 15% this generation and is actually brighter than the pannasonic, and their 3D went through an overhaul and seems to be worlds better this year.

Thanks for that report, professor; maybe you didn't catch that I was kidding around? rolleyes.gif
post #1194 of 3627 Old 02-09-2013, 10:48 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Thanks Oldstate, i dont know why when i try to search Ae8000u owners thread i cant find it, while the epson 5020 is easily found.so i have to use Oldstate link to go to this forum.
I just want to share because I just bought this projector, and i must say i am impressed.
AE8000u wasn't my first choice, i ve actually already placed an order on an Epson 6020 ($3500) (the more expensive brother of Epson 5020)when i 1st ordered it they said in stock but i waited a month, while i dig more deeper on this Panasonic AE8000u. The more i ve read, the more i fall in love with Panasonic. On paper its all look the same between Epson and Panasonic, but there are couple of things, which gave me the final push to cancel my Epson order; mainly the fan noise, the ability for memory lens , the ability for people to switch off 3d function in their glasses while the other are still watching 3d from the same source, and the price these four it is important for me.

Fan noise makes lots of diffrent when watching those thriller movie
Memory lens, means i can watch movie in 235:1
Usually we all like to watch movie together but not all like 3D movie, the panny glasses can turn the 3d function off individualy, it is a great help
Price (what i really want is a 4k projector, so while the technology battling out, i just settle with a $2500 projector)

And i am glad i choose the Panasonic, so please share other thoughts about this projector.
fgsouza likes this.
post #1195 of 3627 Old 02-09-2013, 08:34 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 27
Hey guys just a little FYI for those of you out there who may not have known about something, because I didn't for 4 months of owning this projector till just now.

I was messing around with my AVR settings and was looking at the HDMI settings, and noticed there is a "normal" and "enhanced" color mode. The normal mode has colors in the 16-255 rgb color spectrum. The enhanced has it from 0-255 and it said to select this to get rid of washed out black colors. Well my AVR was set to normal by default so I changed it.

And I definitely noticed a difference. It definitely has deeper blacks now. So just giving a heads up to those of you who may have this option on your AVR as well. I own a Denon 4311ci so if anyone has this you may want to check it out!
fgsouza likes this.
post #1196 of 3627 Old 02-10-2013, 06:52 AM
TFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by purbeast View Post

I just wanted to give an update on this, because I saw this issue 2 more times since then, and I was looking for just a little bit more input before I try to pinpoint down what this is.

The following day of my previous post was superbowl sunday and we watched the game for 4 hours or so straight with no flickering. I was then listening to some music on pandora on my receiver, and noticed it happened again. So this wasn't on the 360 input, it was on another one.

Last night I was playing PS3 and this happened more than once again, like 30 minutes in. And I only played about 90 minutes total. It was frustrating as hell and I tried messing with some HDMI cables.

I currently have a 25' HDMI cable from my projector in the wall to a wall jack in a closet. From that wall jack I have another HDMI cable connected to my receiver. then I have a bunch of HDMI cables running to the other components. Also, the 25' cable I'm using now is the same one that I had been using for a month or so before I did the in-wall wiring and never had this issue.

So I swapped the hdmi cable going from the wall jack to the AVR, since I had seen this issue on 3 separate inputs. it seemed to fix the problem, but then I saw the flicker happen 2 more times. They didn't happen in succession like the previous ones did, but they happened.

I also tried using the other HDMI output on my receiver, with the original cable, and saw this issue as well.

So does anyone have any other suggestions on what to trouble shoot if I see this popping up again? Luckily I did run another HDMI cable in the wall so last resort, I will take the faceplates off the walls and try plugging the other HDMI cable into the projector. But I kind of want to get rid of all other possibilities before I go that route.

Has anyone heard of these HDMI wall jacks causing issues like this? Also, could running my HDMI cables (the ones that go to the components and AVR, not the in wall one) right along with the power cables that plug into the wall cause something like this? I always figured that if something was messed up with the HDMI cable, that the sound wouldn't come from the HDMI cable either.

Or could this be caused from a heating issue? The first 2 days this happened it didn't happen for at least 3 hours of components being on, although last night it happened within an hour, so I'm not sure if that coudl be the culprit.

I have this same problem and have not been able to determine the cause. For me it happens only with content from the HTPC with some blu-ray disk and some mkv's but mostly it happens when watching cablecard TV in WMC. When a show changes scenes or goes to commercial the screen gos black or blue but the sound does not stutter. Sometimes the picture comes back and sometimes i need to switch inputs or change the channel to get the video to come back. I thought it might be a video card issue with the computer but now I will check for a bad cable. I'm using a 30ft redmere cable from my onkyo 818 to the projector so maybe that is the problem.
post #1197 of 3627 Old 02-10-2013, 07:19 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 35
why is the PT8000 in the $3000 + MSRP thread?
its a sub $3000 projector and it shows
post #1198 of 3627 Old 02-10-2013, 07:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by domingos38 View Post

why is the PT8000 in the $3000 + MSRP thread?
its a sub $3000 projector and it shows
Well, when it was released I believe the MSRP was either 3099 or 3199 with a MAP of 2999. Hence its spot in the 3000+ forum...rolleyes.gif

post #1199 of 3627 Old 02-10-2013, 09:05 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
is there any way to change screen alignment how can i enter there
post #1200 of 3627 Old 02-10-2013, 12:47 PM

I have also experienced the same picture loss as Purbeast & others several times now, it happened twice within a minute when watching a Blu ray last night 15 minutes into the film then performed perfectly for 3 hours.

My 10m hdmi cable is linked directly to my Panasonic Blu ray player so I think handshake problems are unlikely.

I don't think this is related to the flicker problem as this seems more like a signal loss (the screen goes blue then the input menu is displayed on screen) rather than fluctuations in light.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Jvc Dla X35 3d Hd Front Projector , Panasonic Pt Ae7000u 1080p Full Hd Projector , Panasonic Pt Ae4000u 1600 Lumen Lcd Home Theater Projector , Sony Vpl Hw50es 3d Projector , Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor , Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page