Official Sony VPL-HW50ES Owners Thread - Page 97 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2881 of 3512 Old 10-25-2013, 01:24 PM
Member
 
BajaPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
WilliamG

Theatre room is about 16 x 30.....projector will be hung right above the second row of seats which will be about 18 ft from the screen....1st row of seats is about 13 ft from the screen. Based on your experience do you think I'll encounter syncing problems? I'm going to use the included glasses and I bought 4 more pair of PS3 glasses. Also worried that the B-stock may be an early serial number unit with the internal emitter buzz......that would be a problem as the projector will be mounted directly over my seating position on the second row.....

Thanks,
BajaPete
BajaPete is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2882 of 3512 Old 10-25-2013, 02:32 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
AV Science Sales 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: A beautiful view of a lake
Posts: 8,453
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 707 Post(s)
Liked: 547
Do not have tracking yet, but received notice that the B stock 50's are shipping to us. Thought I would post this here so that those that purchased, would know they are coming. smile.gif

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
AV Science Sales 5 is online now  
post #2883 of 3512 Old 10-25-2013, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
blipszyc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 2,645
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaPete View Post

WilliamG

Theatre room is about 16 x 30.....projector will be hung right above the second row of seats which will be about 18 ft from the screen....1st row of seats is about 13 ft from the screen. Based on your experience do you think I'll encounter syncing problems? I'm going to use the included glasses and I bought 4 more pair of PS3 glasses. Also worried that the B-stock may be an early serial number unit with the internal emitter buzz......that would be a problem as the projector will be mounted directly over my seating position on the second row.....

Thanks,
BajaPete
I've got mine mounted about 16 ft from the screen and originally didn't really have any problems bouncing it off the screen with the internal emitter to a row that is also 16-17 ft back. That row at 13 ft should have no issues. I did have the buzzing issue and wanted to point the IR backward so I got the emitter.

I'd wait and get the pj mounted and setup before getting the emitter. See how things work out. I think you'll find that the PS3 glasses will do real well to not lose sync.

Visit the Lipszyc Home Theater! 1.0
2.0 done and finally posted! - Theater 2.0

And now...The Queen City Theater (3.0)
blipszyc is online now  
post #2884 of 3512 Old 10-25-2013, 04:57 PM
Member
 
BajaPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks Blipszyc..... That's what I'll do... Set it up and see if I truly need it. Excited to get the PJ. Held on far too long to my Sanyo Z5. Was really hoping for e 50 replacement to have the 95 chassis with motorized controls, but the rumors never came true..... So I'll be doing manual changes to do CIH. Hopefully won't be too much of a pain.

BajaPete
BajaPete is offline  
post #2885 of 3512 Old 10-25-2013, 05:23 PM
Advanced Member
 
ktoolsie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 656
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaPete View Post

WilliamG

Theatre room is about 16 x 30.....projector will be hung right above the second row of seats which will be about 18 ft from the screen....1st row of seats is about 13 ft from the screen. Based on your experience do you think I'll encounter syncing problems? I'm going to use the included glasses and I bought 4 more pair of PS3 glasses. Also worried that the B-stock may be an early serial number unit with the internal emitter buzz......that would be a problem as the projector will be mounted directly over my seating position on the second row.....

Thanks,
BajaPete

Your IR sync signal has to travel 31 ft (18+13) in total from projector->screen->glasses. My experience is that you will be right about at the limit. My installation had the projector about 16 ft from the screen, with the back row of chairs about the same distance back (32ft). I could get sync if I sat upright at the front of the chair but when i reclined, sync would come in and out. My front row of seats (about 11ft from screen) had rock solid sync.

It doesn't hurt to try out the internal emitter first and only spend the money on an external one, if required.
ktoolsie is offline  
post #2886 of 3512 Old 10-25-2013, 05:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 2,820
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by blipszyc View Post

I've got mine mounted about 16 ft from the screen and originally didn't really have any problems bouncing it off the screen with the internal emitter to a row that is also 16-17 ft back. That row at 13 ft should have no issues. I did have the buzzing issue and wanted to point the IR backward so I got the emitter.

I'd wait and get the pj mounted and setup before getting the emitter. See how things work out. I think you'll find that the PS3 glasses will do real well to not lose sync.

Yep. Definitely wait and try before adding more unsightly cables.

FYI (as you probably know) the 3D buzzing issue is definitely resolved on the HW50, so assuming he doesn't get some REALLY old stock, that won't be a concern.
WilliamG is offline  
post #2887 of 3512 Old 10-26-2013, 11:34 AM
Senior Member
 
eliocon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Posts: 437
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to decide on a new projector to replace my current Panasonic PTAE 4000. My 3 biggest contenders are the HW50ES, HW55Es and the Epson 5030. I have a 100" Carada Criterion Brilliant White screen. My room is totally light controlled but, sadly, I have a white ceiling and walls. I'm blacking out the ceiling over the screen with black velvet to minimize reflections form the ceiling and covering the back walls with dark drapes. I get a discount from the Sony Store because I work for AMC Networks. My question is are the new upgrades to the 55ES worth the wait? I do like the idea of the free bulb with the 50. I know the 5030 is brighter for 3D but I feel like the picture quality of the Sony is better in 2D than the Epson. Are there any RF 3D adaptors for the HW50 that would allow me to use regular RF 3D glasses? Also the panel alignment is better on the Sony than the Epson. Sorry if I'm all over the place with this post. Trying to do 3 things at once today.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Elio
eliocon is offline  
post #2888 of 3512 Old 10-27-2013, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
blipszyc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 2,645
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliocon View Post

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to decide on a new projector to replace my current Panasonic PTAE 4000. My 3 biggest contenders are the HW50ES, HW55Es and the Epson 5030. I have a 100" Carada Criterion Brilliant White screen. My room is totally light controlled but, sadly, I have a white ceiling and walls. I'm blacking out the ceiling over the screen with black velvet to minimize reflections form the ceiling and covering the back walls with dark drapes. I get a discount from the Sony Store because I work for AMC Networks. My question is are the new upgrades to the 55ES worth the wait? I do like the idea of the free bulb with the 50. I know the 5030 is brighter for 3D but I feel like the picture quality of the Sony is better in 2D than the Epson. Are there any RF 3D adaptors for the HW50 that would allow me to use regular RF 3D glasses? Also the panel alignment is better on the Sony than the Epson. Sorry if I'm all over the place with this post. Trying to do 3 things at once today.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Elio
You came to a Sony thread so you'll probably get more positives for the Sony than the Epson. With that being said, I'm speculating that the 55 should have some improvements over the 50 in terms of brightness, but I doubt the picture will be significantly better since it doesn't appear the optics were changed. With your BW screen and white ceiling walls, you might do better with the lower brightness of the 50. (you didn't mention how far away you sit) As far as glasses - yes there are RF adapters from Optoma and Bit Cauldron. (They're the same actually.) They are pretty good glasses but can be pricey. If you go with the 50, you can pick up cheap PS3 glasses that are becoming more popular here for their good performance and price.

Visit the Lipszyc Home Theater! 1.0
2.0 done and finally posted! - Theater 2.0

And now...The Queen City Theater (3.0)
blipszyc is online now  
post #2889 of 3512 Old 10-27-2013, 02:53 PM
Senior Member
 
eliocon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Posts: 437
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by blipszyc View Post

You came to a Sony thread so you'll probably get more positives for the Sony than the Epson. With that being said, I'm speculating that the 55 should have some improvements over the 50 in terms of brightness, but I doubt the picture will be significantly better since it doesn't appear the optics were changed. With your BW screen and white ceiling walls, you might do better with the lower brightness of the 50. (you didn't mention how far away you sit) As far as glasses - yes there are RF adapters from Optoma and Bit Cauldron. (They're the same actually.) They are pretty good glasses but can be pricey. If you go with the 50, you can pick up cheap PS3 glasses that are becoming more popular here for their good performance and price.
Thanks for the reply. I was leaning towards the Sony anyhow. Seemed there's some folks that are unhappy with the Epson `s convergence. I went through 4 pannys before I got one with great convergence and I'm not in the mood to go through that again. I sit about 10 feet back from the screen and the projector is over my head.

Thanks again.

Elio
eliocon is offline  
post #2890 of 3512 Old 10-27-2013, 03:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 2,820
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliocon View Post

Thanks for the reply. I was leaning towards the Sony anyhow. Seemed there's some folks that are unhappy with the Epson `s convergence. I went through 4 pannys before I got one with great convergence and I'm not in the mood to go through that again. I sit about 10 feet back from the screen and the projector is over my head.

Thanks again.

Elio

I'm pretty projector agnostic (actually just received an Epson 8345 to review, lol), and still think the Sony's SXRD is a better tech than 3LCD. It seems less prone to temperature fluctuations that cause crosstalk issues in 3D, and of course - better color uniformity. Now if Sony could just implement 240hz for some flicker-reduced 3D... THEN we'd be talking.
WilliamG is offline  
post #2891 of 3512 Old 10-27-2013, 06:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 2,820
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
*begin rant*

Spent a bit more time with 3D today (Star Trek Into Darkness Blu-ray 3D). I think I've just come to the decision that 3D on Sonys and JVCs just plain Sucks. Yep, Sucks, with a capital "S." Flickery, juddery, disjointed. A total mess. No wonder 3D hasn't taken off at home. FI or or off, it still stinks (off is preferable - not sure how anyone likes FI on for 3D, but to each his own). At least crosstalk is minimal! biggrin.gif

Of course, somebody will reply and tell me they watched eight movies one after the other in 3D this weekend, and it was the greatest thing ever, and their wife agreed! tongue.gif

Hopefully next year's CEDIA will be a real 3D projector improvement, because I'm so, so disappointed in 3D at home, currently. The motion is just... not right. I wonder how much of that is in part due to 24p not being a great frame-rate for active-shutter 3D as it's currently implemented?

Anyway, just wanted to rant, because I really do love this projector, but the 3D is just poor. Passive 3D is just so much better (resolution loss aside) at the cinema. No headaches, no flicker. Lovely (crosstalk aside).

*end rant*

If anyone has some some secret formula for good 3D, I'd love to hear it. biggrin.gif
WilliamG is offline  
post #2892 of 3512 Old 10-27-2013, 07:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,756
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked: 401
zombie10k is online now  
post #2893 of 3512 Old 10-27-2013, 07:25 PM
Senior Member
 
eliocon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Posts: 437
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post

I'm pretty projector agnostic (actually just received an Epson 8345 to review, lol), and still think the Sony's SXRD is a better tech than 3LCD. It seems less prone to temperature fluctuations that cause crosstalk issues in 3D, and of course - better color uniformity. Now if Sony could just implement 240hz for some flicker-reduced 3D... THEN we'd be talking.

I don't have a horse in this race either. I've had 4 Panny projectors from the AE900 all the way through the 4000. I worked at Magnolia when the HW30 came out and I liked it but it seemed a little dim to me. Anyhow I felt I wanted a change in technology and, as much as I like the sharpness of DLP, I get headaches from the rainbows. So I figured I'd give LiCOS a shot and see how it fares. I like the idea of having a 3D projector on the rare occasion I'll watch a 3D movie but it's not my primary reason for buying the projector. I should probably wait for the HW55 and see if there's any real benefit to the new model. If they are going to retail for the same price I might as well get the new one.

Thanks again guys. AVS forum really is a great place to get advice.

Elio
eliocon is offline  
post #2894 of 3512 Old 10-27-2013, 09:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 2,820
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

Did you have any 3D DLP's that you liked for 3D?

I must be honest... I've not tested at home a DLP in 3D. My only experience with 3D DLP is at the cinema...

Question is, how much would I have to pay for a DLP with the black levels/contrast of the JVCs and Sonys, with the 3D of a... well... a DLP!
WilliamG is offline  
post #2895 of 3512 Old 10-28-2013, 05:26 AM
Senior Member
 
roxiedog13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North 48 °
Posts: 479
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post

*begin rant*

Spent a bit more time with 3D today (Star Trek Into Darkness Blu-ray 3D). I think I've just come to the decision that 3D on Sonys and JVCs just plain Sucks. Yep, Sucks, with a capital "S." Flickery, juddery, disjointed. A total mess. No wonder 3D hasn't taken off at home. FI or or off, it still stinks (off is preferable - not sure how anyone likes FI on for 3D, but to each his own). At least crosstalk is minimal! biggrin.gif

Of course, somebody will reply and tell me they watched eight movies one after the other in 3D this weekend, and it was the greatest thing ever, and their wife agreed! tongue.gif

Hopefully next year's CEDIA will be a real 3D projector improvement, because I'm so, so disappointed in 3D at home, currently. The motion is just... not right. I wonder how much of that is in part due to 24p not being a great frame-rate for active-shutter 3D as it's currently implemented?

Anyway, just wanted to rant, because I really do love this projector, but the 3D is just poor. Passive 3D is just so much better (resolution loss aside) at the cinema. No headaches, no flicker. Lovely (crosstalk aside).

*end rant*

If anyone has some some secret formula for good 3D, I'd love to hear it. biggrin.gif

Some are more sensitive to flicker than others and some movies are worst than others as well. You really need to watch many different movies before you condemn 3D because some movies are filmed better than others.

One thing I have noticed and that is unless I have the 3D glasses brightness setting on MAX I will notice some flicker. The flicker gets progressively worst as the setting is reduced. 3D on the HW50ES is a little dimmer than some others.
For me with a 1.37 gain SI Solar 4K screen anything larger that 16:9 and 95" is getting too dim. My solution is going to be a second screen for 3D only, my Solar 4K is just too darn good at 2D to loose the contrast, detail and
blacks by going with a higher gain screen. Not sure which screen yet as I have many samples on the way. If one of these material turns out to be the PERFECT all in one screen for 2D and 3D I will use just one. There IS no
free lunch and I believe I will end up with a two screen setup in the end. My new 600ES coming in November will help to increase the brightness a little, the higher gain screen will still be necessary I am sure.

BTW, if you are zooming to fill a wide screen 2.4:1 movie like the new Star Trek Into Darkness then you are loosing 33% of the light off the screen. The only way to gain that back is to use a anamorphic lens however , the HW50
cannot stretch 3D content , it can only stretch 2D content. To stretch 3D content for use with a anamorphic lens on the HW50ES you will need a Lumagen or other similar processor. If you don't use a curved screen I would
suggest just going with one middle of the road high gain flat screen or use two as I intend to. When you run a 16:9 3D movie from your HW50ES you get all the pixels and thus 33% more brightness. on a CIH screen it will be
a noticeable increase in light.
roxiedog13 is offline  
post #2896 of 3512 Old 10-28-2013, 07:55 PM
Advanced Member
 
ktoolsie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 656
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post

*begin rant*

Spent a bit more time with 3D today (Star Trek Into Darkness Blu-ray 3D). I think I've just come to the decision that 3D on Sonys and JVCs just plain Sucks. Yep, Sucks, with a capital "S." Flickery, juddery, disjointed. A total mess. No wonder 3D hasn't taken off at home. FI or or off, it still stinks (off is preferable - not sure how anyone likes FI on for 3D, but to each his own). At least crosstalk is minimal! biggrin.gif

If anyone has some some secret formula for good 3D, I'd love to hear it. biggrin.gif

There's no secret formula, but some movies have a distracting flicker while others are very smooth.

The first 3d movie I watched on my new 50ES was Tintin and I immediately jumped to the all action chase scene where Tintin, Snowy & Drydock were trying to retrieve one of the clues while being chased by the bad guys. The flicker was quite distracting and hard on my eyes. Next I tried the slalom scene from the latest Ice Age flick and again the fast moving scenery causes obvious flicker. Looked at the 3D previews on that disc and Rio was a great example. The preview had some great 3D but the POV image where they're being pulled through the beach umbrellas caused obvious and distracting flicker.

It took me a week or so to get around to hanging the projector but when I did I tried another 3D movie. This time I chose Nemo and the picture was buttery smooth with great image depth and no obvious flicker. Next movie was Oz the Great & Powerful and I was smiling from ear to ear the 3D was that great. Next one up was the Croods - the egg hunt scene near the start of the movie had noticeable flicker but after that it wasn't really worrisome. Next up was Tad the Lost explorer - again there was one brief scene where I noticed the flicker but otherwise I enjoyed a very smooth presentation. Went back to the Tintin scene - and again it hurt my eyes.

I've got the Star trek movie but only tried a couple of scenes in 3D. My opinion, is that this wasn't one of the best 3D presentations.

So for what its worth, I'd say experiment with different movies. Fast action scenes will always be problematic, particularly when coupled with high contrast scenes but many 3D movies can still take your breath away.
ktoolsie is offline  
post #2897 of 3512 Old 10-28-2013, 08:00 PM
Advanced Member
 
ktoolsie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 656
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxiedog13 View Post


One thing I have noticed and that is unless I have the 3D glasses brightness setting on MAX I will notice some flicker. The flicker gets progressively worst as the setting is reduced. 3D on the HW50ES is a little dimmer than some others.


I've done all my 3D watching at the default highest brightness glasses setting (4?). I tried the next setting down and noticed a small drop in brightness. I couldn't see any real benefit to I went back to max glasses brightness. I didn't really test the different settings on a torture test like the Tintin chase.
ktoolsie is offline  
post #2898 of 3512 Old 10-29-2013, 06:14 AM
Advanced Member
 
jamieuk147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 639
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I will own this projector soon! and I am just wondering if people use Darbees mixed with reality creation?........ I know most people when using a darbee on there own like it set at around 40-50 and reality creation on its own set very low!........ So I am wondering how to best mix the both together?
jamieuk147 is offline  
post #2899 of 3512 Old 10-29-2013, 08:06 AM
Senior Member
 
booga24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 324
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Any HW50 owners using Carada screens? I'm debating between 134" Carada screen or a higher gain screen like SI solar 4k 133".

let me know your experience.
booga24 is offline  
post #2900 of 3512 Old 10-29-2013, 08:51 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
AV Science Sales 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: A beautiful view of a lake
Posts: 8,453
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 707 Post(s)
Liked: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by booga24 View Post

Any HW50 owners using Carada screens? I'm debating between 134" Carada screen or a higher gain screen like SI solar 4k 133".

let me know your experience.

We sell a lot of Carada screens to Sony HW50ES owners. What size screen are you thinking about and what is your throw distance?

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
AV Science Sales 5 is online now  
post #2901 of 3512 Old 10-29-2013, 09:01 AM
Senior Member
 
booga24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 324
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post

We sell a lot of Carada screens to Sony HW50ES owners. What size screen are you thinking about and what is your throw distance?






Throw is 15.5' . from their website I am looking at 134" and I assume their 1:78 aspect ratio is 16:9.
booga24 is offline  
post #2902 of 3512 Old 10-29-2013, 09:16 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
AV Science Sales 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: A beautiful view of a lake
Posts: 8,453
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 707 Post(s)
Liked: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by booga24 View Post

Throw is 15.5' . from their website I am looking at 134" and I assume their 1:78 aspect ratio is 16:9.

With BW fabric, your 2D brightness looks real good. Your 3D looks like it will be around 9/10FL. Not bad for 3D. I would not go bigger if wanting decent 3D.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
AV Science Sales 5 is online now  
post #2903 of 3512 Old 10-29-2013, 10:17 AM
Senior Member
 
booga24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 324
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post

With BW fabric, your 2D brightness looks real good. Your 3D looks like it will be around 9/10FL. Not bad for 3D. I would not go bigger if wanting decent 3D.






Not bad is not good enough smile.gif, would the SI Solar 4k with a 1.3 gain give me more pop?
booga24 is offline  
post #2904 of 3512 Old 10-29-2013, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jkasanic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,264
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieuk147 View Post

I will own this projector soon! and I am just wondering if people use Darbees mixed with reality creation?........ I know most people when using a darbee on there own like it set at around 40-50 and reality creation on its own set very low!........ So I am wondering how to best mix the both together?

 

This has been asked several times already.  Just search Darbee in this thread and you'll find several posts on the subject.  There's no right answer as content seems to have the largest impact on what settings people prefer.  I've settled on RC at min and Darbee at 40 HD for all of my content (DirecTV, compressed mkv's, full BD ISO's etc.)

jkasanic is offline  
post #2905 of 3512 Old 10-29-2013, 12:16 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
AV Science Sales 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: A beautiful view of a lake
Posts: 8,453
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 707 Post(s)
Liked: 547
There are going to be four more B-stocks available in the next 2 or 3 weeks. Call AVS if interested. smile.gif

Added
Make that one B-stock.

10/30/13
All sold.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
AV Science Sales 5 is online now  
post #2906 of 3512 Old 11-02-2013, 03:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 2,820
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Watched "Oblivion" on Blu-ray (again!) with my father-in-law who was visiting. Does it get any better than Oblivion + HW50ES + Reality Creation? If so, boy I'd like to see that!

Can't even fathom what 4K Oblivion would look like... eek.gif
WilliamG is offline  
post #2907 of 3512 Old 11-02-2013, 03:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Seegs108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Schenectady, New York
Posts: 4,574
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 624 Post(s)
Liked: 319
If you've got the dough there are better pictures available. wink.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Sale: Marantz VP-15S1 1080p High End DLP Projector - $1295
For Sale: JVC DLA-RS45 1080p Reference Series 3D Projector - $1649
My Crazy Projector Journey!
Seegs108 is online now  
post #2908 of 3512 Old 11-02-2013, 03:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
metropole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NW Chicago burbs
Posts: 1,314
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What 3D IR glasses are regarded as the best?

So far I have used the original ones that came with my VPL-HW30 (TDG-BR250 ?) and PlayStation model.
Can't say much about image difference. However, there is a big difference in IR sensitivity. The Playstation model syncs always with the transmitter in the back. Not so the original glasses.
metropole is offline  
post #2909 of 3512 Old 11-02-2013, 05:30 PM
Member
 
dmoneyman2323's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 171
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post

Watched "Oblivion" on Blu-ray (again!) with my father-in-law who was visiting. Does it get any better than Oblivion + HW50ES + Reality Creation? If so, boy I'd like to see that!

Can't even fathom what 4K Oblivion would look like... eek.gif

In my opinion, that is the best looking movie I've seen on the 50es. It really is a beautiful picture.
dmoneyman2323 is offline  
post #2910 of 3512 Old 11-03-2013, 04:23 AM
Senior Member
 
roxiedog13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North 48 °
Posts: 479
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post

Watched "Oblivion" on Blu-ray (again!) with my father-in-law who was visiting. Does it get any better than Oblivion + HW50ES + Reality Creation? If so, boy I'd like to see that!

Can't even fathom what 4K Oblivion would look like... eek.gif

The Great Gatsby is unbelievable too, also impressed with the Life of Pi . Gatsby I watched in 2D, Pi in 3D. HW50, my screen is CIH SI Solar 4K (1.37 gain) 120" diagonal 2.35:1 .
roxiedog13 is offline  
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sony Vpl Hw50es 3d Projector

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off