Marantz VP12-S2 Ballast Parts Source? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-19-2012, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've got a "classic" Marantz VP12-S2 PJ, and it went dead the other day in the middle of a movie and turned the "Warning/Lamp" light on solid. Normally, this is the signal to replace the bulb, but the bulb had been recently replaced, so I was suspicious. I ordered a new bulb anyway, but when I installed it the problem still existed. The PJ powers up, I can hear the fans, I can hear the color wheel spin up, and then a few seconds later it shuts down and the red warning lights turns on solid again.

I've tried all the tricks I could find online - unplugging all sources, bending the contact switch on the bulb door, unplugging and re-plugging repeatedly... nothing works.

The only other thing I can think of now is that it's the ballast not being able to provide enough power to turn on the bulb (on one try, the light came on for a split second, and then died).

I'd like to try and replace the ballast myself. Google was no help in finding a part number... anyone here have any leads for me (or perhaps another idea of something to try)?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Home Page:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Featured on the cover of AVI September 2003

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-25-2012, 07:01 PM

Liked: 12
Did you try contacting Marantz for the part. The parts departments phone number is (201) 762-6392. I just ordered a power supply from them for a VP11S1. You can order a service manual for your projector here http://fastservicemanuals.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1210

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 Old 11-30-2012, 06:33 PM

Liked: 10
I had the exact same problem about 5 months ago and tried all the tricks you mentioned, but nothing worked. I finally took it to an authorized Marantz service (about 3 days later) and all of sudden the projector started working. Well, it's 5 months later and I just hit the problem again last night!

Did the Ballast replacement work?

Thanks in advance,
Garth
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page